Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 V8 or Pantera Detomaso
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
redshift
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 22 2005, 05:49 PM)
Hmmm?

YES ALLAN!

M
bondo
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 22 2005, 02:45 PM)
Will the tranny fit in a teener?

Yup, Chris Julian's V8 has one. Not the cheapest route by far.
Allan
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 22 2005, 02:51 PM)
QUOTE (Headrage @ Jul 22 2005, 05:49 PM)
Hmmm?

YES ALLAN!

M

$6300.00
redshift
I think I saw it somwhere that Bruce sent me a couple weeks ago.. not rebuilt, out for a 6 speed upgrade? 42k or some such?

Not a bad deal, not the best, but not bad. I have seen similar, unpolished ones for.. around half that.. but out of salvage, or just sitting.. so.. you know how that goes.

M
neo914-6
QUOTE (redshift @ Jul 22 2005, 02:29 PM)
I think I saw it somwhere that Bruce sent me a couple weeks ago.. not rebuilt, out for a 6 speed upgrade? 42k or some such?

Not a bad deal, not the best, but not bad. I have seen similar, unpolished ones for.. around half that.. but out of salvage, or just sitting.. so.. you know how that goes.

M

RBT:
New ZF 5-speed is $8800.00
Rebuilds start at $1200.00
New 6-speed is $15,000

redshift
Yeah, new is not expensive, or cheap, depending on how you look at it. laugh.gif

Most important thing is like all auto related thingys, service history, and updates.

M
jd74914
Panteras are nice. A friend of mine's uncle took me for a ride and lit up his tires at 80. I like
LS6/914
Worked late 70s early 80s at a shop that serviced Panteras. The 351 C is bullet proof and is considered a small block. The heads have huge flow potential. Check the front corner of the head at the valve cover for a cast "4" or four dots. designating the larger valve heads. The half shafts use u-joints and are readily available. To check timing or service the water pump or belts requires removing the passenger seat and dissassembling the firewall. The Pantera was prone to A/C failures, overheating, rust, no headroom..... however a ape could get a date in this car. When alls said and done Iam still a freak for a 914 with a stout V8.
9144guy
i worked on this 73' last month
9144guy
guess that pic. was cut short , another
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.