Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: April Texas Hill Country Tour.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
don-6
No rooms available at the Lone Star Inn. Booked at the Motel 6, next door.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(don-6 @ Mar 10 2022, 12:50 PM) *

No rooms available at the Lone Star Inn. Booked at the Motel 6, next door.

idea.gif I wonder if we are the ones that sold it out?

ClayPerrine
How about a roll call for those who are potentially going to Kerrville with us?

Clay
Betty

don-6
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 11 2022, 10:58 AM) *

How about a roll call for those who are potentially going to Kerrville with us?

Clay
Betty

don-6. I will be attending.
aharder
I'm planning to be there biggrin.gif
don-6
So far, we only have four people responding that they will be attending?

Clay
Betty
aharder
don-6

Who else is thinking about attending?

I will have an open seat if someone is coming without a 914
Jim C
QUOTE(don-6 @ Mar 15 2022, 10:59 AM) *

So far, we only have four people responding that they will be attending?

Clay
Betty
aharder
don-6

Who else is thinking about attending?

I will have an open seat if someone is coming without a 914

I plan on coming and RSVP'd some time ago.
troth
Work schedule permitting, hoping to make it up for a day trip from Corpus.
MM1
Have fun, ya’ll!

Gosh-if only this event were held around July 4th. . .of course it’ll be a bit warmer then. . .would just have to cool off in the Frio!
Cornerlot
We are going. Staying at the La Quinta Inn & Suites.
ClayPerrine
icon_bump.gif
AzGuy238
I'm negotiating with wife to miss her 50th high school reunion....pretty sure I'll be there. Booked room at Motel Six next door piratenanner.gif
ClayPerrine
driving.gif driving-girl.gif

Betty says she is bringing Elwood...... so we will have a couple of open seats available.

Clay
RRietman
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 21 2022, 01:41 PM) *

Betty says she is bringing Elwood...... so we will have a couple of open seats available.

Clay

OK so I am in now. booked at motel 6. my wife is wanting to come along. so a question? any other wives/significant others planning to attend?
Thanks
Randy
Betty
QUOTE(RRietman @ Mar 22 2022, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 21 2022, 01:41 PM) *

Clay

OK so I am in now. booked at motel 6. my wife is wanting to come along. so a question? any other wives/significant others planning to attend?
Thanks
Randy

You have a genuine treasure in a significant other that wants to come and play with us!!! first.gif

Even if it's just me and her of the 'female persuasion' we will have a blast I promise!

Here is the girl information you can pass along to her:
1) Dress is CASUAL! I'm going to be in jeans and t-shirts (maybe some eye shadow at the absolute most). This is going to be Super Relaxed!
2) If she has a favorite beverage, bring it!
3) Having fun is a given!

We can't wait to meet her! aktion035.gif
Jim C
Just saw on the calendar of events that the Longhorn Region PCA out of San Antonio is doing a Twisties Tour the same day. So we'll have a gaggle of Porsches and the usual motorcycles on the same route. I'm driving up from San Antonio on Saturday morning. What time do you plan on hitting the road?
ClayPerrine
We are going to try to leave the DFW area around noon. That should put us in Kerrville around 4:30 -5:00.

Anyone wanting to travel with us just drop me a PM.

Clay
SA-914
Trying like hell to get her put back together in time. Gonna try to show up with a california transplant with a 73 that recently moved in 3 streets over.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
Jim C
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 28 2022, 10:40 AM) *

We are going to try to leave the DFW area around noon. That should put us in Kerrville around 4:30 -5:00.

Clay

What time do you plan on leaving the hotel in Kerrville for the drive?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Jim C @ Mar 28 2022, 02:46 PM) *

Clay

9:14 am (Did you really expect any different?)

Clay
Jim C
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Mar 28 2022, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(Jim C @ Mar 28 2022, 02:46 PM) *

Clay

9:14 am (Did you really expect any different?)

Clay

biggrin.gif
ClayPerrine
I am going to clarify something. We will be meeting at 9:14 am. That doesn't mean the tour leaves at that time.

The tour is only about 4 hours. So leaving at 9:14 am would pout us at the restaurant for lunch too early. Plus, this is a very fluid get together, so no stress about meeting a particular departure time.

So be at our hotel at 9:14 am. That is the only "official" time. If you are late, just let me know and we will wait for you.

ClayPerrine
Coming soon!

K.T.
Scott and KT are coming! Booked at the Motel 6.

So we've got 3 ladies now? That's already more female representation than other events I've been to with the hubby. sunglasses.gif

And we will have 2 open seats if anyone needs one. I'm driving my not at all spec Miata and Scott's bringing the 914 if he can nurse it back to health (otherwise the 944).
ClayPerrine
2 Weeks from Friday!

beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

Hopefully no icon8.gif barf.gif
ClayPerrine
For those of you that are going from the DFW area...

If you want to caravan with us heading down, we will be meeting up at the Wal-Mart parking lot at 8840 Benbrook Blvd, Benbrook, TX 76126. We are planning to leave at noon from there.

Clay
AzGuy238
I'll be there....Wayne
wvspin2
Ok cool
Karen and Warren are going. yay piratenanner.gif We will meet at the Benbrook Wal-Mart to caravan with the group. driving.gif
ClayPerrine
We are planning to arrive at the Wal-Mart in Benbrook at 11 to eat lunch if anyone wants to join us.

Chick-Fil-A is in the same parking lot as Wal-Mart. We can't decide between that and the Braum's across the street.

See y'all there!
ClayPerrine
If you are going and want to meet with us in Benbrook, just drop me a PM. I will send you my cell number so you can contact us if you are running late.

Clay
ClayPerrine
We are going to be at the Chic-Fil-A at 11 if anyone wants to join us.

RRietman
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 21 2022, 09:56 AM) *

We are going to be at the Chic-Fil-A at 11 if anyone wants to join us.

we are leaving tyler 11-12 or so. see you there. hoping for good weather
Randy
ClayPerrine
Does anyone need any parts?

Don't forget to bring folding chairs.

Bring your favorite adult beverages! beer.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif

aharder
We will be leaving East Dallas @ 9:14 biggrin.gif

Safe travels to all !! driving.gif
ClayPerrine
We are here.... Anyone want to go to Stonehenge with us?
Puebloswatcop
Wow, Wish I could be there. Unfortunately stuck here in East Texas, but I will be thinking of Y'all as I work on my car.
Literati914
Have fun guys beerchug.gif , hope somebody gets a bunch of pictures!

9146C
I know I'm going to regret not making this trip. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
SA-914
Joel & Amy and Gabriel & Kim will be heading up from San Antonio in the morning. Planning on getting there around 9:00.
ClayPerrine
We are back from dinner. Anyone up for a drink?
K.T.
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Apr 22 2022, 08:51 PM) *

We are back from dinner. Anyone up for a drink?

We're off! 10 914s and a couple wannabes
ClayPerrine
We are sitting outside drinking.
aharder
Heading home after a great weekend
Cornerlot
Everyone had a good time with (10) colorful 914's.

IPB Image
Betty
We had an absolute blast! All ya'll are the friendliest bunch and any time we can be down in the Hill Country the driving's always going to be great. driving-girl.gif driving.gif

The weather worked out really well, plus, no mechanical issues for anybody on the drive is always a good thing! cheer.giflol-2.gif first.gif

Thank you to all of our new friends grouphug.gif - and to all the old friends, why the heck aren't we doing this waaaaaay more often?! aktion035.gif
AzGuy238
Clay, thanks so much for organizing and leading this 914 event. It was great to meet you and all the other 914 fans. It was a great trip! All the best and keep on 914ing. Wayne
beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
Jim C
I have driven those roads often, but never in the company of so many fine 914s. In fact, I have never seen so many together in one place. Hope everyone enjoyed the roads and the Sisters. Wish I could have stayed around longer on our return Saturday, but an expiring kitchen pass waits for no man! Thanks Clay for setting this up. Hope we do it again some time.
wvspin2
Clay, you and Betty are the best organizers of the non-organized rally. We had a wonderful time meeting so many like minded 914teeners. I hope to have mine together
for the next hill country 914teeners talent event. Thanks so much, Warren and Karen beerchug.gif
P.S. And those Creamsicles, yummy beer3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.