Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upper windshield pad 914.555.047.12 Closing 1/31/22
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
BeatNavy
Bumping an old(er) group buy thread. I have mine and wanted to finally install. Has anyone does this yet and are there any tips, tricks, suggestions, or pitfalls? It looks straightforward. But those are often famous last words...

Thanks for any help.
Root_Werks
Just installed mine, hardest part was wrapping the thin part up and over, then tucking the new rubber seal/trim in place. Little tricky to not let the thin material fold up between the metal flange and rubber trim. Makes sort of a "L" shape it has to wrap around.

Also might need to slightly adjust top latches. I had to back mine off just a tiny bit. New pad = new/thicker material.
JamesJ
I tried to install mine recently, but the two mounting holes(non visor holes) are drilled too large and so I was told to use a washer big enough to anchor the metal backing to the window frame. I have not yet attempted to install again, so I can't say whether or not it will work or if the cap plugs will fit or if the visor holes are good to go. Sigh.
BeatNavy
Good info guys, thanks. I'll keep in mind when I try to get this in.

I have a growing backlog of products to install and shouldn't buy anymore until that goes down... dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.