Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Upper windshield pad 914.555.047.12 Closing 1/31/22
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mikey914
I checked the fit compared to the 74. Other than some variation of the indentations they are basically the same and they do fit with the visors on.
Mikey914
The upper picture is the 70.

@bdstone914 Are you talking about the roofs themselves? They definitely are different.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 26 2021, 12:31 PM) *

@Mikey914 @bdstone914[/b] Are you talking about the roofs themselves? They definitely are different.

Yes I am referring to the different shape if the top that is covered by the pad. The early top is on the right and late on the left. It may be possible that one pad can fit both. Looks like the later tops had a thinner web at the front and had raised bosses for both the targa latch mounting and screw holes for the pad.
Nacho
I’m in for 2 please

Nacho
914Sixer
Yeah, I will need 2.
ndfrigi
1 for me also sir Mark.
Mikey914
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 26 2021, 02:58 PM) *

@Mikey914 @bdstone914[/b] Are you talking about the roofs themselves? They definitely are different.

Yes I am referring to the different shape if the top that is covered by the pad. The early top is on the right and late on the left. It may be possible that one pad can fit both. Looks like the later tops had a thinner web at the front and had raised bosses for both the targa latch mounting and screw holes for the pad.

Yes you are correct on the roofs. However, this is only a deviation on the roof. The lower main target seal is the same on both. There is no major variations in the body that prohibit it being used on both. I can't actually see any differences on this part early and late.
davehg
I’ll be in for two, early cars if it matters. Fingers crossed this goes better than the targa pad.
dyw914
I'll take one.
Rleog
One please
808 WRX
Yes please! happy11.gif
barefoot
I'm in for 1
Barefoot
Quinn Moore
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Oct 22 2021, 10:13 PM) *

I have had quite a few requests to make these over the years, well, they are finally done and in the final production phase!

Trying to tie up some loose ends. Been working on these for awhile and should have material for full production just before Thanksgiving.

Another part you may not have noticed most of these are cracked.

We even made the vinyl longer so that it can tuck under the main targa seal, just like factory. This is actually the 2nd prototype, the 1st one I'm happy with. We had some issues on the 1st one with the metal in the substructure not lining up 100%. Getting the vinyl to adhere and not shrink up too much in this section is also an issue.

These are going to be less than the roll bar pads and pricing will be finalized soon. About $99 on GB if I can get about 65 takers. Materials costs are just being finalized.

(1) please

Thank you,

QM
jrrobertson
I would like one.
targa72e
I would like 1 as well.

john
Dobbsy
1 for me please,
Montreal914
Interested, but I wish the Targa bar issue could be solved first. dry.gif
gms
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 26 2021, 04:58 PM) *

This is the part that mounts to the top of the window frame (not the Targa) right @Mikey914 ?
Mikey914
QUOTE(gms @ Oct 28 2021, 08:27 AM) *

QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Oct 26 2021, 04:58 PM) *

This is the part that mounts to the top of the window frame (not the Targa) right @Mikey914 ?

You are correct
It’s the same one that if you use urethane to install a windshield gets destroyed when you have to replace the windshield.
Ask me how I know.
Jmb10001
I’m in for 1
jcschuf1
Also in for one, thanks!!!
saladin
I am in for one...if not too late.
Mikey914
Nope, we have test fit and sent to another customer to provide feedback and going into production now.
Your on the list
barnfind9141972
I’m in too if it’s not too late!
ClayPerrine
Count me in for 3.

Clay
Flat6forlife
Count me in for one, too!
strawman
Count me in for one.
targa72e
I would be in for 1

john
Zimms
In for 2
Mikey914
Will be ready after Thanksgiving!
JamesM
Not sure how I missed this, but ill be in for at least 2, possibly 4 but need to go look at my cars.
Carl456
Add me for 1 please Mark
eric914
I'm in for one.
djway
smile.gif
Mikey914
These are in production and will be ready to ship this next week. Costs were a little more.

Unfortunately these wound up costingquitea bit more to get right, I was off by about $20, but it all adds up. I should have 1st run of production done this next week.
Mark
Beach914
Im in!
Mikey914
Just wrapping these up today. Will be sending PMs shortly
Mikey914
These are finally ready and PM's will start going out tomorrow evening.
Thanks all!
friethmiller
@Mikey - Do y'all have the A-pillar pads? Got one that's cracked.
Mikey914
QUOTE(friethmiller @ Dec 22 2021, 02:20 PM) *

@Mikey - Do y'all have the A-pillar pads? Got one that's cracked.

Well someone can see where I'm going with this. Yes, we will. in about March. Look for another GB late Jan / Feb. The tooling and effort to get these done and to market means I have to do this in pieces, but as I move to each I will offer up GB's for them.
-Mark

With the Door cards, door pockets, windshield pillars, upper windshield piece, visors, dash tops, carpets, seat vinyl kits (including plaids) , we are trying to allow for a complete package to do the interiors of our cars. It's a process and we are making progress.
scallyk9
I'd like to buy one. Please add me.
Mikey914
PMs sent to all so far
-Mark
Mitox
If I can still get in, please add me for one.

Thanks
DRPHIL914
@Mikey914

I finally got around to processing this and the price in the email was listed as $210, with $99 discount for the group buy but its coming up as $225 on the website right now, not $210.

not sure, maybe price went up already?

Thanks, STill going to get it, just wondering why the $15 difference,

Phil

NVM sorry - i see it still comes out to the $126 - all good, order placed
DaveB
I know I'm late but I'd like to buy one too. Please add me. if I need to pay full price, let me know. I can also stop by and pick it up if that helps.

DaveB
bossboy302
In for one (for '72). Thx!!
cal914
I would like one how do I go about getting one
Mikey914
I had intended to close this out, but with the storm and being kind of crazy at the day job, never got back to posting up a closing on this and have had a few others asking.

So to be fair I will be closing this out end of the month (1/31/22)
Thanks to all that have supported making these.
pedrok
In for one ('75)
Thanks
Pedro
Long_ago
Yes that's great.
1 please.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.