Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: converting to carb
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
rhodyguy
they're bremerton in geoff. take monique for a walk on boat ride, wi-fi, and starbucks. just the way all you space needlers like it. biggrin.gif you going to ax the passat, the westphalia, or blairs rabbit? chairfall.gif lando, i noticed nate brietling has a 2.0 mps for sale in his signature.

k
Bleyseng
nope, the 914 as Blair and I should have it done soon. Should have all the parts for the engine today!

(I don't drink Starbucks coffee and I drive around cuz I am cheap) flipa.gif
rhodyguy
never saw if you replied about the elephant items. have you figured out how you are going to feed the new engine yet? dells to break in or fi?

k
Jaiden
A bit of a hijack but how could you tell if you have the carb cam.

I have Dell's on my ride but I'm not sure of the cam.
Also are the valve adjustments the same with a cam?
Bleyseng
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 5 2005, 07:20 AM)
never saw if you replied about the elephant items. have you figured out how you are going to feed the new engine yet? dells to break in or fi?

k

I am refreshing the 2056cc motor. New pistons, cam, lifters,heads cleaned up, misc shit fixed that Jerry f-'d up on. Jake has been great sourcing these parts for me, just takes time.
Will be staying with Djet on this motor.
The new 2.4L is on the back burner as I am also rebuilding the Westy motor ASAP.
The front ends is coming apart for the 911 struts and brakes plus the A arm bushings so I will take some pics of this.
/L.
Actually it's cheaper for me to go to carbs than seeing my mechanic or the tow trucker driver every other week. It's GREAT that all you guys have the near by resources and are able to work on your own cars but I DON"T! Carbs it is. See you at ALL the runs when I can make it. Peace & love...

Linda
bing101
Update:

- Replaced TB Gasket
- Tightened up all Vacuum hoses

and.........

Its fixed, mostly...

Has a slight stumble at low rpm as soon as you apply gas but is fine after 1200-1500rpm.

Gonna do a tune up....plugs/wires/air filter and see where that leads.

Thanks for the help guys...Glad we didnt have to ditch that FI.

smilie_pokal.gif
MrRecord
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Jul 30 2005, 06:10 PM)
my mechanic managed to find a rebuilt FPS for less than $200...PM if you want any info..i'll check w/ my mechanic.

I'm in L.A. (Silver Lake) and need a FPS. Can your mechanic swing a re-build? thx!
Mueller
QUOTE (MrRecord @ Jan 30 2006, 05:17 PM)
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Jul 30 2005, 06:10 PM)
my mechanic managed to find a rebuilt FPS  for less than $200...PM if you want any info..i'll check w/ my mechanic.

I'm in L.A. (Silver Lake) and need a FPS. Can your mechanic swing a re-build? thx!

there is NO such thing as an FPS on a 914...your mechanic is screwy.gif

an MPS, which is Manifold Pressure Sensor is no where close to a FPR or Fuel Pressure Regulator (40 to 75 bucks at Pelican)

Bleyseng
I do have 1.7 and 2.0L MPS's rebuilt to OEM specs in stock.
but I am in South America. Sorry
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.