Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: any nw people up for a grand tour
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
rhodyguy
a few of us are meeting in tacoma to drive north. if you would like to hook up at 7:00, take exit 136A, port of tacoma rd, note the A. for map quest use 3323 20th St E Fife 98242 as your ending address. plan on 2hrs 15min to make it on time.

k
Yoei66
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Aug 10 2005, 07:45 AM)
a few of us are meeting in tacoma to drive north. if you would like to hook up at 7:00, take exit 136A, port of tacoma rd, note the A. for map quest use 3323 20th St E Fife 98242 as your ending address. plan on 2hrs 15min to make it on time.

k

Cool, I am a solid possibility at this time. I'll PM you latter this week, if I become a sure thing.
Eddie914
Unfortunately it's a No-Go for me !@#$%$#@!

We received a last minute invitation to share a campsite at Steamboat Rock State Park on Banks Lake (near Grand Coulee Dam). Stop by if you decide to extend your drive. Boat rides and waterskiing are on me!

The 914/6 does not have the oil cooler and brake ducts finished yet. Too many of my other worn out vehicles have needed repair.

I'll probably burn more gas than all of the 914s combined! I'm sure we will go through at least 100 gallons for the weekend.

Have a great time!

Eddie
messix
QUOTE (Eddie914 @ Aug 10 2005, 09:21 AM)
Unfortunately it's a No-Go for me !@#$%$#@!

We received a last minute invitation to share a campsite at Steamboat Rock State Park on Banks Lake (near Grand Coulee Dam). Stop by if you decide to extend your drive. Boat rides and waterskiing are on me!

The 914/6 does not have the oil cooler and brake ducts finished yet. Too many of my other worn out vehicles have needed repair.

I'll probably burn more gas than all of the 914s combined! I'm sure we will go through at least 100 gallons for the weekend.

Have a great time!

Eddie

i've camped there b4, great place, greart water, and the northern lights gave us a show one night.
smooth_eddy
I think I can make it this weekend. Sounds like a fun driving.gif Eddy
Michael J
I'll be driving up from Olympia so will hook up with the folks in Tacoma at 7:00. driving.gif
And for anyone map questing the address the zip is 98424.
messix
the zip code for millcreek is 98012

i'll get the exit number posted tomorrow
DNHunt
I'm a solid in and I didn't have to watch any Oprah. Sometimes wives fool ya.

Dave
rhodyguy
at least i got the exit right. sorry. chair.gif on the way home i'll share my secret best set of curves and playground. just a slight detour towards 38th st and back to the freeway. no stops, lots-o-fun.

k
sportlicherFahrer
Sounds like fun Kevin. Im always up for goin around some good curves with the top off. biggrin.gif
ablose58
Well people I might be able to go too smilie_pokal.gif If I can get my crap at work done tonight I will have 2 days off so if I can make it I will be at port of tacoma @ 7:00 am sharp. monkeydance.gif mueba.gif
messix
can those who are planing on doin the tour PM me so i can get a count. i think there will be 10 of us. also does any one need more for directions?

meet at 8 am shari's resturant in millcreek 4 breakfast leave about 9am.

my cell number again 425-418-8816 if any one is running late or .... knock on wood breaks down.
rhodyguy
weather forecast looks super for sat. those that show up with the tops on should be buying b-fast. it will be fun when those unfamiliar with seattle hill rd hit the corners on the down grade at speed! driving.gif . are we going out lowell-larimer or doing the corners on marsh rd? no word from rich yet? where did shane and dino vanish to?

k
messix
didnt really think of marsh rd because of all the cycleriders hogging the road on weekends, and the junk shoppers [antiques] going to snohomish. but we'll see how looks when we get to the bottom of the hill.
914werke
Sorry for the late response, personal and profesional hell lately headbang.gif
Sharris is spittin distance from my home though Ive never eaten there barf.gif
Id really like to go though I dont think its gonna happen. sad.gif
I WILL at least drop in and have some coffee with the Crew. aktion035.gif
messix
it will be great to meet you Rich. please do stop in and join us..... we just might shanghi you in to the tour biggrin.gif .
bare 1
messix wink.gif I don't think that Hi-lift will fit in the trunk of your teener--or the mudder under the fender!!! Me thinks I smell a wheeler!!
Your trip sounds like fun. But the teener is on blocks awaiting new rear wheel bearings and trailing arm bushings sad.gif No driving.gif for Robin. Know any good jeep trails? biggrin.gif
sportlicherFahrer
Its a no go for me. Maybe next month? Work before play, but I'll be dreamin of playing! And I just detailed her too....... Pics would be great though! Make me even more jealous. biggrin.gif
messix
QUOTE (bare 1 @ Aug 12 2005, 10:06 PM)
messix wink.gif I don't think that Hi-lift will fit in the trunk of your teener--or the mudder under the fender!!! Me thinks I smell a wheeler!!
Your trip sounds like fun. But the teener is on blocks awaiting new rear wheel bearings and trailing arm bushings sad.gif No driving.gif for Robin. Know any good jeep trails? biggrin.gif

ahh... hi lifts ... its a jack, its press, its log splitter, its winch, its anvil, its work bench, yes a wheelers best friend. and yes i know many great trails and its killin me with gas prices that i can't see spending that much money to fill up the tow rig haul the toy hauler packed up to 10,000lbs and consume about $500 in fuel on a three day weekend wheelin trip. so .... a teener run will do! driving.gif biggrin.gif
ablose58
I will be hooking up with the guys in tacoma, so I will be there cool_shades.gif driving.gif
rhodyguy
the car is warming up. going to be a beautiful day for a drive. see you all in a while.

k
914werke
Just left the crew down at Sharri's. Sunny and 70 in PacNW perfect day for Top off driving. pray.gif driving.gif Wish I could have gone sad.gif

Next time wavey.gif
porsha916
Sorry sad.gif I didn't make it, to many things to get fixed and tested, Maybe next time!
I hope all went well!!!

Bill
smooth_eddy
photos anyone? I will post tomorrow. Hope others took some pics too. Eddy
DNHunt
Here's the one and only I took. I'm not sure where we were. I thought it looked like it would have when the cars were new just don't pay attention to the price of gas. Troy (messix) was first then Mike (Michael J) then Kevin (rhodyguy) then Al (AlBlose) the me (DNHunt). I didn't keep track of milage but, it was a long one. I used more than a tank of gas. Great roads and awesome weather.

Dave
rhodyguy
i have a few. quiz #1, what's wrong with this picture?

k
rhodyguy
early birds in tacoma. good onramp leaving this spot.

k
rhodyguy
at shari's. i've never experienced so many people (non owners) come up and chat about 914s. the young guy at shari's that was "DAMN, WHERE DID YOU GUYS FIND ALL THESE 914S!?). he saids he wants one bad! directed him to the site and camp914 dry.gif . take your time with my commission check check craig wink.gif . then the gal in monroe that hung around til we left in monroe. she told the story of having a 914 for her first car in high school. how many tickets, how much she loved the car,.... the was a vipergreen car being curbed in a parking lot. we swarmed it. it was unlocked and dan root started the party. all the lids open, pointing fingers, some VERY clever guy noted it wasn't a 1.8 as the for sale sign said. the d-jet and 3 bolt heads were a dead give away rolleyes.gif . overall it was a pretty nice car. ac, some sun damage to the truck lids, i think it lived elseswhere for most of its life

k
rhodyguy
quiz #2. again major problem.

k
rhodyguy
fools at speed ohmy.gif . me looking through the camera and al looking at the camera. who's watching the road?

k
rhodyguy
mike's clean blue car. note the clever vanity plate. biggrin.gif

k
rhodyguy
it was a fun drive. i used to live and play in most of the areas we drove through. my how things have changed. sad.gif . geoff's new garage.

k
Michael J
I didn't have my camera but sure had fun. Too bad we lost Kevin & Al in Bellingham. We saw ya back and forth through intersections but couldn't run you down. We will have to leave a trail of breadcrumbs next time. The drive down Chuckanut Dr would have been better if the grandma in the Caddy would have got out of the way, but the day couldn't have been much better. The drive south on I5 was the usual boring 2 1/2 hours but Dave & I stuck together until I had to get more fuel.

Troy, thanks for putting this together.
rhodyguy
we got behind a boat that must have been 30' long being trailered down chuckanut. ducked down a boat launch road for a b-room break and let it get ahead of us. road was mostly wide open when we got back on it. chuckanut is a joy whether it's the speed limit or a bit faster clip. word to tour "leaders"... when part of the group gets stuck, a few lights back in the middle of a downtown area, continue forward and pull into the FIRST parking lot on the same street you are on(there was one 4 or 5 blocks ahead). don't plan on those behind being able to see you parked on a side street, while avoiding traffic and tons of people crossing streets against the walk signal. it's all good, we were ahead of the big jamup on I-5 north of seattle. smilie_pokal.gif.

k
messix
sorry for loosing you guys, we did pull over on the street that we turned off on, and dave waited less than half block to let you catch up. next time we will have radios in lead and back door cars.
b'ham traffic sucks always has, i tried to take the most direct route. well at lest you did miss the traffic jam.

other wise, what a great day! its been a while since i've been on some of those roads and i wont let it get that long again.

Dave i put on about 230 miles and got 29.4 mpg.

Lilli and i did make it to whidbey island to the car show and PJ Hahn and his mrs.[sorry very bad at remembering names]. Phillip has a very nice, very detailed car. and they are super people.
and Lilli got to take her first ferry ride. sorry no pictures,been spending all the extra $ on the car.
smooth_eddy
Well I was late getting to breakfast and had to leave early. But I did get a few photos. Thanks Troy, I had a blast driving all those roads so close to home. And they were mostly new to me. Here is what is on my camera.........Eddy
smooth_eddy
Well during the start of the drive look what we found.............A nice green 914 for sale. We opended it up and did an inspection.........Dan Root and Troy were all over it.
smooth_eddy
Whew, this 914 stuff is pretty tiring..............Troy's little girl, Lilli.........
smooth_eddy
Plotting the course, Dania and Troy....Check out Dan climbing into the 914 we saw parked along the drive in Monroe, Wa.
reverie
Thanks for the pictures! smile.gif

Re: what's wrong with this picture.. don't know, boss.

I'm hoping to make it on the 27th.
rhodyguy
look at both quiz pictures again rog. hint, it was a beautiful day.

k
reverie
Oh yes, now I see!.. cool.gif
smooth_eddy
Hey Roger...

We missed you. You are now 0-2 on the club drives this year. Better get the ratio up huh? driving-girl.gif We will look for you next time. See ya, Eddy
reverie
I got a heavy debt of pancakes.. wink.gif

rhodyguy
don't worry rog, we never figure you will show up. that way it's such a pleasant surprise when you do! biggrin.gif

k
reverie
I think this is the beginning of a very good period in local 914 activity. We've needed group drives for a long time.. long, short, destination-oriented, loop de loop, semi-formal, casual, topless, whatever.

driving.gif
rhodyguy
seems hard to convince people living north of the pierce/king county line that the road is just as long going north as is it going south. wacko.gif

k
Michael J
So I pulled into the garage last night with over 400 miles for the day. A bit of a sore butt, a little sun burned but a beer took care of all that. I keep waiting for something to break but the old 1.7 just keeps on like the Everready battery bunny. (execept for that 2nd gear syncho) I think that will have to be my new avitar.
The best part of the day was watching the other 914's in front of me taking 20 mph corners at 50 and not hardly breathing hard. What a day. How about a drive up the east side of Mt St Helens next time.
olav
smilie_pokal.gif

It sure looks like you guys had a lot of fun!!
sportlicherFahrer
wow! looks like you all had a great time. Sounds like my bank account wouldnt have kept up with the gas pumps. biggrin.gif I will be sure to do EVERYTHING possible to go on the next one. I might even drag one or two more 914's with me......
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.