Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: EvilWerks up and running again!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Howdy 914 Family!

Apparently I have been prodigal for a bit too long as a few people thought I quit or died. Nope. Alive, and the biz has been keeping me very busy, thankfully. The family and I had cause and desire to move from our place in Grove City, OH down to Loveland, OH where I am hoping to drop some major roots and stop this moving every 3-4yrs craziness.

I think its been so long since my last post, the oops twins are turning 2 this Sat (holy shit). Im feeling every bit of my age at this point. My oldest just turned 9 and is liking his new school and neighbors. All is going well. I am planning to go part time at my day job and to start doing EvilWerks during workday hours part of the week to help keep up with demand, and to help get a proper shop building so I can get going with the parts washer and blaster side (and maybe have actual free time to revive one of my damn 914s). Im also going part time because I am opening up my own practice, as I had always wanted. I have decided to call the medical practice Good Works. smile.gif After much deliberation in the sandbox, it just made sense when I heard it from several people.

I mostly haunt the evil FaceBook and related 914 groups there so if you see Myke Leskneeak, that's me. Hit me up here, there, email, website, etc. Pic of my glorious shop bench that is practically unchanged over since about 2012 when a member hooked me up with that sweet galvanized top. Added a mini split so I can work all year round in my garage.

Now that the family and I are more settled in, and my plans for the future are moving forward, I look forward to attending some events, seeing some of you old friends in person, and making some new ones. Its always about the people smile.gif

iankarr
Congrats, Mike! I think it's safe to say that no one forgot about you. Looking forward to great things to come...
Maltese Falcon
I like your new Digs for transaxle o'hauls & your Medical Biz Venture...Best of everything on your new endeavors !!!
marty914.jpg
Robarabian
I see you posting on FB and am glad you are settled in . I believe a car I purchased recently has a Dr. Evil rebuilt trans in it. Shifts good!
914-300Hemi
Best of luck on your new adventures.
Root_Werks
Good to hear from you! Now I know where to send my tranny when I'm ready.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Robarabian @ May 3 2022, 10:25 PM) *

I see you posting on FB and am glad you are settled in . I believe a car I purchased recently has a Dr. Evil rebuilt trans in it. Shifts good!

If it shifts good, Ill take the credit wink.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ May 3 2022, 10:38 PM) *

Hey dude, good to see you back around here. Man, its been forever. I think I last saw you in Tacoma at my last rebuild clinic there? So much has changed.
falcor75
Evilwerks Gearbox and brain surgery. (same thing really?)
jettonjoshua
Glad to see you’re still at it, I’ve got a side shifter I need to send your way when you are fully up and running.
aharder
Glad t0 hear the good news !! I still have one a want to send you when I can work it into the budget !!
9146C
Great to hear the stars are starting to align in your favor.

Very, very happy with the work you did on my gearbox!

Congratulations to you on your promising future!
Cairo94507
Hey Mike - Congratulations on the new place and the move to private practice. Time flies buddy. Enjoy the trip. beerchug.gif
DRPHIL914
@Dr_Evil

Mike, congrats on the move and relocation, you've been bouncing around Ohio for a while! FYI my nephew and his family live not far from you there in Blue Ash, thats a nice area. Wish you well, i dont get on face book much but will have to pop in there more to see whats going on, been dealing with a front output shaft seal leak on my trans so id been thinking about picking your brain about that. - any way, let every one know about where your practice will be located etc since we know people in the area.

Phil
Root_Werks
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2022, 07:42 PM) *

Hey dude, good to see you back around here. Man, its been forever. I think I last saw you in Tacoma at my last rebuild clinic there? So much has changed.

Yup! That super sweet H-5th tranny for an L-Jet 2.0 914. Damn, that was a nice 914.

Good to see you back as well dude! I was 9 years away from a 914 and cars in general. Sometimes life happens.

wink.gif
Geezer914
Glad to see you back and all is well. piratenanner.gif
jim_hoyland
Congrats Mike piratenanner.gif
I’m impressed with your Good Works practice. And, I must also say, the trannyyou built for me is still perfect !
jmalone
Great to hear from you. Always good works!
DaveB
Glad to see you're planning on putting down some roots.

BTW - taking a sealed trash can which weights 105lbs to FedEx and having them ship it to EvilWerks and telling them it's in care of either Dr Evil or Mike can scare the crap out of some folks. Made my day.

DaveB
Jett
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2022, 07:42 PM) *

smile.gif Good to hear you are back and congratulations on the twins! Our daughter is turning two, so we understand the demand for one but …two smile.gif that’s a different level of effort, well done!

Ana and I rebuilt two transmission at the “Tacoma” rebuild clinic, and both transmissions shift as new smile.gif. Thanks for the help and ability to tell others that my wife rebuilt the transmission in our 914 smile.gif!

…still getting over the brake clean smell smile.gif
dirk2056
beerchug.gif Loveland is great place to settle !!! When you get up and running please share your new shop. Is the plan to have classroom for clinics? I attended one in Columbus area 8 to 10 years ago great day wrenching.
Rleog
Glad to see you back. We met briefly once at Tangerine Racing but you’d have to have a photographic memory to recall that.
I remember a post long ago where you outlined some of the frustration of being a new physician. Seemed that your free time was zero.
Glad to hear that you seem to be in a better space.
Looking forward to your presence on the board. Best of luck.
eric9144
Good to see things coming back around for you man, hopefully you're still dragging the motorcycle collection around with you as well! beerchug.gif
ctc911ctc
oops twins - had be laughing all morning
Dr Evil
QUOTE(jettonjoshua @ May 4 2022, 02:33 AM) *

Glad to see you’re still at it, I’ve got a side shifter I need to send your way when you are fully up and running.

Been fully up and running for a few weeks, actually. On #3 rebuild with 3 more here in line. Business is booming!

@Jett you guys were great to have at the clinic. I thought my wife at the last clinic in So Cal as she needed to rebuild a racing trans for one of the folks on here. He posts videos frequently of it being used to its full potential. She's a keeper. The twins turn 2 this Sat. They are the size of 4yos.

@dirk2056 for now I will have. my 3 car garage, with one stall walled off for all season wrenching. Settled in, if you are around hit me up and you can check it out. That goes for anyone, really smile.gif

@Rleog I remember you, but not faces, if that makes sense. You've been around here a while. I made some life changes to maximize work, minimize employer abuse, and open life up. Hence, EvilWerks and Good Works smile.gif

@eric9144 dude...ya. Still too many. I am actually selling off a few so I can focus. No time to attend to selling, though. I still have a barn in Orient, OH that all are being stored in. Squirrels are doing unspeakable things inside the barn, though, and Im pretty sure some of the bikes and cars have been scenes of squirrel orgies.
Van914
Doc,
Hope you are liking Loveland. Give me a call when you have time. I will buy you a beer at Ramsay’s or Paxtons.

Van
MartyYeoman
Hey Mike, Glad to see you're still around. When are you planning another Nor-Cal clinic? I know a guy with a Red Barn.
Marty
PanelBilly
piratenanner.gif

Makes me happy to hear from you
EdwardBlume
You need a SLO clinic the Bay Are is too risky.
bandjoey
Free Tranny Medicals with every transmission overhaul. After all, you've got the exam table now.
Good Luck with all the new endeavors.
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Van914 @ May 5 2022, 06:52 PM) *

Doc,
Hope you are liking Loveland. Give me a call when you have time. I will buy you a beer at Ramsay’s or Paxtons.

Van

There is a nice tap room with open seating area that we hit after walking a few miles with the twins in the stroller last weekend that was really good. I also have a bar in my basement (came with the house, what are you gonna do?) and a beer fridge in the shop. Swing by sometime. I will be working on one this weekend to finish it up. Next weekend, 14th, I have a customer from WV dropping off and for those I do a tear down and diagnose on the spot. Makes it so much easier.

@martyyeoman man, I don't know about any more classes. At least, not outside of my area here where if something goes sideways I have my shop and tools and don't have to ship something. Travel time, expense, parts ordering, organizing, its a big time suck. Then, there is time away from the family, and my hopefully growing practice, and the fact that I have so much commission work coming in that I have no free weekends as it is. Im not saying no, but it will likely be a rare occurrence going forward.

@EdwardBlume SLO, swoon. I love that part of the world. From there up through NAPA. Making me home sick between you and Marty.
r_towle
Twins! Wow.
Congrats on the new practice, and reviving the transmission business, which is a great service to offer.

Rich
Dr Evil
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 4 2022, 08:55 AM) *

@Dr_Evil

Mike, congrats on the move and relocation, you've been bouncing around Ohio for a while! FYI my nephew and his family live not far from you there in Blue Ash, thats a nice area. Wish you well, i dont get on face book much but will have to pop in there more to see whats going on, been dealing with a front output shaft seal leak on my trans so id been thinking about picking your brain about that. - any way, let every one know about where your practice will be located etc since we know people in the area.

Phil

Hey man, you saw me the last time the wife and I had lives as non parents at Okteenerfest. Pretty. much found out we were pregnant the next month (it didnt happen there). Glad to help with the seal change. Maybe I can find time to upload a video and do one on a core. Ah, time....cant buy more of it.

For most recent updates, my FB page for the practice is:
https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Lesniak-MD-MP...104759476207027

Any local folks interested, him me up. I am always open to discuss medical practice, just as much as I like to talk 914s and transmissions.
914four
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2022, 08:54 PM) *

Howdy 914 Family!

I look forward to attending some events, seeing some of you old friends in person, and making some new ones. Its always about the people smile.gif

Hope to see you at Okteenerfest in Townsend this year!

I'm writing this from the end of the Tail of The Dragon at the Tapoco Lodge and thinking about one of the Okteenerfests you attended where you entertained us with your incredible musical abilities. Wish I had a picture but they shut us down too early that year. Is there anything you don't do well?

Wishing you all the best! I feel sure your practice will be just as successful as everything you do!

Kelvin
Dr Evil
QUOTE(914four @ May 5 2022, 10:50 PM) *

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2022, 08:54 PM) *

Howdy 914 Family!

I look forward to attending some events, seeing some of you old friends in person, and making some new ones. Its always about the people smile.gif

Hope to see you at Okteenerfest in Townsend this year!

I'm writing this from the end of the Tail of The Dragon at the Tapoco Lodge and thinking about one of the Okteenerfests you attended where you entertained us with your incredible musical abilities. Wish I had a picture but they shut us down too early that year. Is there anything you don't do well?

Wishing you all the best! I feel sure your practice will be just as successful as everything you do!

Kelvin

Brother, you are most kind. Thanks smile.gif

Im going to try to make 914 events a life priority again as they have always been a bright spot. Once the kids are potty trained, my range and time should expand as then I wont be leaving the wife alone with the animals.
MM1
Congrats, Mike!

So glad to hear you're in the saddle of your "Good Works" and on the road of you're favorite "good deeds."

As a father of 4 closely spaced kids, I am amazed that you have done so much - including music and motorcycles . . .with twins, no less . . .just about unreal.

You are Dr. Evil - the "Relentless One."

[insert basso profundo evil laugh]
friethmiller
Mike,

I'm a man who owns one 914 and five 901 transmissions, I need you on speed-dial! Congrats on getting back up and running!

Fred
dflesburg
Glad to see you are closer now. Hope to see you soon. Maybe you can come out to the Red Brick Reunion this summer in Oxford.
Chris H.
Nice to see you back at it Mike! How's the EG33 bus conversion going?
Dr Evil
QUOTE(dflesburg @ May 6 2022, 02:56 PM) *

Glad to see you are closer now. Hope to see you soon. Maybe you can come out to the Red Brick Reunion this summer in Oxford.

What's that? Im interested.

" @Chris H." I am wanting for a place to work on it, and time. However, this week a gent from Australia contacted me about the Corvair engine that is currently in it. If I can see that engine, then that would go a long way to finishing up the project. I have a bunch of pieces collected, but the guy selling them took my and a bunch of other peoples money and vanished before the whole order was filled so I am not sure what I am missing as of yet.
pete-stevers
Myke!! putting down roots is a great thing!
If you ever get the urge to do a clinic up here in the Fraser Valley ... We have a great place to host you! And a barn big enough to have more than a few crazy 914 guys too.. and lots of room for rvs and tents if it comes to that.
But running your own practice you might not be able to get out for a few years.. By then you could make it into a family visit!
Dr Evil
QUOTE(pete-stevers @ May 7 2022, 01:24 PM) *

Myke!! putting down roots is a great thing!
If you ever get the urge to do a clinic up here in the Fraser Valley ... We have a great place to host you! And a barn big enough to have more than a few crazy 914 guys too.. and lots of room for rvs and tents if it comes to that.
But running your own practice you might not be able to get out for a few years.. By then you could make it into a family visit!

Id love that. We had been trying to plan one up in Ont at Mark Henry's, but the pandemic and pregnancy put a stop to that.
Chris H.
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 7 2022, 11:57 AM) *

" @Chris H." I am wanting for a place to work on it, and time. However, this week a gent from Australia contacted me about the Corvair engine that is currently in it. If I can see that engine, then that would go a long way to finishing up the project. I have a bunch of pieces collected, but the guy selling them took my and a bunch of other peoples money and vanished before the whole order was filled so I am not sure what I am missing as of yet.

Well let me know if/when you get around to it. I’m sure I can help if you need it. beerchug.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 7 2022, 04:48 PM) *

Well let me know if/when you get around to it. I’m sure I can help if you need it. beerchug.gif

That would rock. I have a finished basement with a bar, and a hot tup under the upper deck, so you could make a weekend trip with wrenching and relaxing wink.gif
worn
Good to see more of you, you crazy Dr Evil!
Gatornapper
Mike -

Sounds like all good news. What I can't figure out is how you can have a medical practice, family, your tranny shop, AND motorcycles!

Wife and I have 8 kids, 5 "men's men" and 3 beautiful daughters - I only asked her for 5 (if possible) and she wanted zero. We had a pre-nup before anyone else: she said, "If we ever TWINS, WE QUIT!" I said, "Close enough." Long story on how we got to 8 - obvious tho we don't have twins.

I'm also a motorcycle guy in addition to my 3 Porsches - '71 Triumph T100C all original runs like new, '72 T120V Bonneville mostly original runs like new, '74 T150V Trident - all original, runs like new, '18 Triumph Bonnie Speedmaster, '97 Harley FXDWG, '09 Harley FLTRSE3. Do all my own work. '11 Cayman S, '76 914, '80 924 Turbo running like new and looks new from a distance too - restored both 914 and 924 Turbo myself.

Doing a top-end rebuild (have my own shop) on my '76 2.0 914.

I was at Scotty Burnett's tranny rebuild clinic you had several years ago but you were too busy to meet you. My 914 tranny is pretty good but no syncro in 1st and 2nd grinds on about 3 - 5% of shifts. Please send me a PM quote on rebuilding my tranny.

Oh, grew up in Indianapolis and then lived in Mansfield, OH for 3 years. Love Buckeyes and Hoosiers.

GN

QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 3 2022, 07:54 PM) *

Howdy 914 Family!

Apparently I have been prodigal for a bit too long as a few people thought I quit or died. Nope. Alive, and the biz has been keeping me very busy, thankfully. The family and I had cause and desire to move from our place in Grove City, OH down to Loveland, OH where I am hoping to drop some major roots and stop this moving every 3-4yrs craziness.

I think its been so long since my last post, the oops twins are turning 2 this Sat (holy shit). Im feeling every bit of my age at this point. My oldest just turned 9 and is liking his new school and neighbors. All is going well. I am planning to go part time at my day job and to start doing EvilWerks during workday hours part of the week to help keep up with demand, and to help get a proper shop building so I can get going with the parts washer and blaster side (and maybe have actual free time to revive one of my damn 914s). Im also going part time because I am opening up my own practice, as I had always wanted. I have decided to call the medical practice Good Works. smile.gif After much deliberation in the sandbox, it just made sense when I heard it from several people.

I mostly haunt the evil FaceBook and related 914 groups there so if you see Myke Leskneeak, that's me. Hit me up here, there, email, website, etc. Pic of my glorious shop bench that is practically unchanged over since about 2012 when a member hooked me up with that sweet galvanized top. Added a mini split so I can work all year round in my garage.

Now that the family and I are more settled in, and my plans for the future are moving forward, I look forward to attending some events, seeing some of you old friends in person, and making some new ones. Its always about the people smile.gif

Chris H.
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ May 11 2022, 08:24 PM) *

QUOTE(Chris H. @ May 7 2022, 04:48 PM) *

That would rock. I have a finished basement with a bar, and a hot tup under the upper deck, so you could make a weekend trip with wrenching and relaxing wink.gif

You had me at "bar".... biggrin.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.