Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So Cal Drive - June 18th - Santa Monica/PCH/Malibu Canyons
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
mxkinn01
Huge shout out for Oscar. His accommodations are better than a lot of hotels I stayed at. BTW the weather in so cal is so nice.
framos914
Gotta give my car a good test drive, will try to make it.
FRamos914
ndfrigi
QUOTE(framos914 @ Jun 17 2022, 07:20 PM) *

Gotta give my car a good test drive, will try to make it.
FRamos914

nice! see you tomorrow! we have some OC guys meeting at Seal Beach before heading to Santa Monica
RFoulds
Lost all my lights somehow. Coming anyway.
Hemiwrx
Count me in. 1970 914-4
Caymini
In!
914_7T3
QUOTE(Hemiwrx @ Jun 17 2022, 08:58 PM) *

Count me in. 1970 914-4

See you tomorrow and

welcome.png
drem914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jun 17 2022, 08:44 PM) *

Lost all my lights somehow. Coming anyway.

For the most part it is a daylight drive. See you tomorrow.
914_7T3
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
sb914
Looks familiar.
I sure miss you knuckleheads!!!!
MM1
Click to view attachment
ndfrigi
Click to view attachment
MM1
It was fantastic to see you all and enjoy another drive in the Santa Monica‘s to Boney Mountain-thank you, Franz!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
MM1
See you next time!

Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachment

ndfrigi
Thank you Franz for making this SoCal drive!

Hope everyone got home safe and safe travel to those traveling far like Mike that goes home to Vegas.
Larmo63
That was fun and the roads were fantastic. I had to leave for a Father’s Day thing, made it home safely.
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
birthday3.gif

S T E V E

Thanks for sharing your day with us

beerchug.gif

Oscar
ValcoOscar
Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 18 2022, 04:50 PM) *

birthday3.gif

S T E V E

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Thanks Oscar!! Awesome birthday present starting with a negative Covid test this morning. It was a great day!! Thanks to Franz for putting the event together for us.
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Steve @ Jun 18 2022, 05:16 PM) *

QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 18 2022, 04:50 PM) *

birthday3.gif

S T E V E

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Thanks Oscar!! Awesome birthday present starting with a negative Covid test this morning. It was a great day!! Hats off to the organizers for putting the event together for us.

Happy and Blessed Birthday plus Happy Father’s Day Drive (along with your daughter)

ndfrigi
Thank you Rob @Robarabian for making a video (drone videos and pics) you made.
Saw it on youtube subscription.

wonderful video!

additional video of some pictures I took also.

https://youtu.be/B7wAXpgihf4
Robarabian
Official video posting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQTzGqsofYo

IF anyone wants to send me photos, I can add them and republish, pm me for email address.

Had fun, and thank you Franz for setting it up!

Rob
second wind
QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jun 18 2022, 10:05 PM) *

Official video posting

IF anyone wants to send me photos, I can add them and republish, pm me for email address.

Rob

Hello Robarabian....OMG what a wonderful video.....I was there last time but electrical glitch kept me from this one....great job!! Thank you!! Gorgeous day and gorgeous cars....wooohooo!! Like I was there so I don't feel too bad....kinda". Thank you again and the drones are really dialing it in....
gg
gonzo54
Franz, Thank you for putting this together- Great Drive, Great Group and Fantastic Photos and Videos Rob @Robarabian!
914-300Hemi
Had a wonderful time driving and talking to everyone.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
FL000
Thanks for posting the videos @robarabian and @ndfrigi beerchug.gif As usual I took maybe 2 pictures of my own biggrin.gif
sb914
Nice song choice for the video. aktion035.gif scorps!!!
BMITCHELL
Great day for enjoying our cars and people. Howard and Slits would be proud of your skills in putting this together. Well done in giving us new memories.
RFoulds
Thanks everyone for taking such awesome pics!

An I correct that we had NO breakdowns on this drive??
Robarabian
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpDxnAx4hV4

New video link.. I saw that I must have been drunk or tired at the end and didnt say 2023 February, but said 2022... Fixed it.
campbellcj
Really sorry I missed this and thanks for sharing the pics & vids! I'm actually just on the tail-end of Covid and literally slept thru it. Tested negative Friday night and was psyched to go, but then woke up just way too tired and spacey for it to be fun or safe.

Anyways, my 914 is very slowly progressing thru some fairly significant refresh work and will be ready to make it out for one of these soon. The main thing left to figure out is the body/paint and graphics. Thinking of a partial or full wrap vs. fixing the paint but I haven't gotten quotes or anything as of yet.
RFoulds
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 19 2022, 09:46 AM) *

Really sorry I missed this and thanks for sharing the pics & vids! I'm actually just on the tail-end of Covid and literally slept thru it. Tested negative Friday night and was psyched to go, but then woke up just way too tired and spacey for it to be fun or safe.

Anyways, my 914 is very slowly progressing thru some fairly significant refresh work and will be ready to make it out for one of these soon. The main thing left to figure out is the body/paint and graphics. Thinking of a partial or full wrap vs. fixing the paint but I haven't gotten quotes or anything as of yet.

I was looking for you. Good to know you are on the mend.
ValcoOscar
I had a wonderful time yesterday.

Thank you @SirAndy for this wonderful playground.

beerchug.gif

Oscar
914SIXXation
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 19 2022, 12:13 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Wow, what an amazing day! So great seeing so many friends and meeting many more!

Loved seeing all of the 914s winding through the beautiful scenic roads. I'd never been on the canyon roads and will definitely be back to take it all in. Glad that Steve got to celebrate his birthday with us!

The white 914-6 is very special.........

Thanks so much Franz and Joyce for all of your time and efforts organizing this memorable drive. Also thanks to all of those that helped you as well. first.gif

My arms are still going left.....
then right....
then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right...then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right...then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right...then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right
...then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right........WHEW...........then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right...then left....then right....then left.....then right....then left....then right....then left.....then right... etc......lol-2.gif

I am so glad that we joined 914World in 2019 and came to our first West Coast Ramble.. We have had so many good times and met such great peopl........looking forward to all the fun ahead! Can't wait until I can finally show up in my revitalized 914-6! (Of course, thanks SirAndy aktion035.gif )
Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif
margie_914.jpg
MM1
QUOTE(second wind @ Jun 19 2022, 02:04 AM) *

QUOTE(Robarabian @ Jun 18 2022, 10:05 PM) *

Official video posting

Rob

Hello Robarabian....OMG what a wonderful video.....I was there last time but electrical glitch kept me from this one....great job!! Thank you!! Gorgeous day and gorgeous cars....wooohooo!! Like I was there so I don't feel too bad....kinda". Thank you again and the drones are really dialing it in....
gg

You were missed, Greg @ Second Wind - Rob and I were talking about you as we drove down the PCH - see ya next time!
MM1
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Jun 19 2022, 11:46 AM) *

Glad to hear your getting back to normal - was hoping to meet you (we live only 20-30 min. apart)- next time!
MM1
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 19 2022, 12:13 PM) *

beerchug.gif

Oscar

Amen to that, Brother - perhaps we should put @SirAndy up for (914) Sainthood . . . or, dare I say, the 914 Papacy?
MM1
@914SIXXation

Margie - it is always a pleasure to see you - whenever you'd like to explore more of the Santa Monica Mtn. roads (there's plenty more), please let me know and I'd be honored to be your (and any other "Teener's) guide!

MM1
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 18 2022, 09:58 PM) *

wonderful video!

Thank you - isn't the steep view down Deer Creek Rd. [4:08] literally epic?

For the past few years, quite a few commercials have been shot on that 1/4 mile stretch.
MM1
@Robarabian -thank you for the special memories and video!
Robarabian
Great photos you took!! Really captured the whole event!

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 18 2022, 07:58 PM) *

wonderful video!

Hemiwrx
Great drive, cant wait for the next oneClick to view attachment
Hemiwrx
Click to view attachment
914SIXXation
QUOTE(MM1 @ Jun 19 2022, 07:34 PM) *

@914SIXXation

Margie - it is always a pleasure to see you - whenever you'd like to explore more of the Santa Monica Mtn. roads (there's plenty more), please let me know and I'd be honored to be your (and any other "Teener's) guide!

Thanks so much. That would be great! It is such a beautiful area.

Also, in my last post, I forgot to thank Rob for the awesome videos and everyone for posting pictures!

That little drone was so cool!!!

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.