June 18th I'm in !
drem914
-Bump-
914_7T3
Click to view attachment
Tonyooc
Have fun....I miss the So Ca drives and all drivers bye1.gif
914_7T3
I should have invited these guys from Cars & Coffee this morning!

shades.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

FL000
I may be in since I need some good shake down drives prior to WCR. Sure it will be real hard to convince my wife to come with me and get out of 100+ degree Antelope Valley weather biggrin.gif
ndfrigi
bump to top. Anyone else would like to join us next saturday?

autopro
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 11 2022, 07:02 PM) *

bump to top. Anyone else would like to join us next saturday?

If only I had my car ready I would love to meet you guys. Hopefully for the next one it will be ready. This looks like it's going to be a blast.
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(FL000 @ Jun 11 2022, 05:21 PM) *

I may be in since I need some good shake down drives prior to WCR. Sure it will be real hard to convince my wife to come with me and get out of 100+ degree Antelope Valley weather biggrin.gif

I have separate guest accommodations and a garage spot .....drive down Fri. Get some rest, then we can roll together to meet up OC caravan at Seal Beach

Let me know...

Oscar
FL000
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 11 2022, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(FL000 @ Jun 11 2022, 05:21 PM) *

I have separate guest accommodations and a garage spot .....drive down Fri. Get some rest, then we can roll together to meet up OC caravan at Seal Beach

Let me know...

Oscar

Wow thanks Oscar, definitely makes me pause idea.gif With the right traffic it is about an hour and 15 minute drive to Santa Monica for us, so for now we will just plan to meet you all there. beerchug.gif
914_7T3
Just completed an oil change, set tire pressure & a fresh coat of Carnuba Wax! All ready to go for Saturday driving.gif

Click to view attachment

ndfrigi
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 12 2022, 02:11 PM) *

Just completed an oil change, set tire pressure & a fresh coat of Carnuba Wax! All ready to go for Saturday driving.gif

Click to view attachment

Nice Jeffrey! Ready for SoCal drive. I was wondering how you able to drive it home after I dropped your starter, I took it home since I don’t have one for my project. Hehehe

Last time I saw your car during the day when we have some special guest at Oscar’s place.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mgphoto
Ok, so my nephew wants in, it’s mgphoto (mike) and Ethan (gearhead in training) see you there.
914_7T3
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 12 2022, 05:21 PM) *

Nice Jeffrey! Ready for SoCal drive. I was wondering how you able to drive it home after I dropped your starter, I took it home since I don’t have one for my project. Hehehe

Last time I saw your car during the day when we have some special guest at Oscar’s place.

@ndfrigi

It was towed back and went to the shop to get the timing dialed in and interior installed.

Looking forward to seeing you and the 986 crew on Saturday!
ndfrigi
QUOTE(914_7T3 @ Jun 13 2022, 03:32 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Jun 12 2022, 05:21 PM) *

@ndfrigi

It was towed back and went to the shop to get the timing dialed in and interior installed.

Looking forward to seeing you and the 986 crew on Saturday!

bump to top for more 914world members to join this saturday.

Jeffrey, good Margie is going to drive her 986 also this weekend.
Maybe I will just tow my 74 project so it will be 986/914 hehehe.
Been helping other friends car and some of our family car and no time for my project. Hope to get it running this summer.

See you soon!

Click to view attachment
RFoulds
Going to make a solid effort to be there. Will tow the car to Santa Monica, and drive the route with y'all.

drem914
QUOTE(RFoulds @ Jun 13 2022, 04:03 PM) *

Going to make a solid effort to be there. Will tow the car to Santa Monica, and drive the route with y'all.

Randy, glad you can make from out in PS. Any other friends that can join you?
FELIX74
Hi All, I am in will meet at Malibu Colony Plaza in FELIX74, may be bring another friend in a 914 (TBC)
ValcoOscar
QUOTE(FELIX74 @ Jun 14 2022, 12:59 PM) *

Hi All, I am in will meet at Malibu Colony Plaza in FELIX74, may be bring another friend in a 914 (TBC)

Love the 914 graphic!!!! first.gif

See ya there

Oscar
oldschool
Wow its been a min.....text my old friend Ravi about a Porsche matter, Told me about this drive, I have my 13 year old Grandson for the summer, Looks like we are game in.Click to view attachment
This dude is cool.
burton73
I was in, but unseen happenings make a need to change my going on sat. I know everyone will have a great time

Bob B
ndfrigi
Nice Bob @burton73 and Jaime @oldschool that you can join this saturday!

Franz @drem914 will update the list including Randy @rfoulds
eric9144
Wish I could make it but way too busy with kids and house duties dry.gif
Have a super time everyone and take lots of pics! driving.gif beerchug.gif
drem914
On our way to Saturday
olympic914.jpg irish914.jpg aubergine914.jpg betty914.jpg blue914.jpg creamsicle914.jpg fuchia914.jpg grasshopper914.jpg ravenna914.jpg red914.jpg silver914.jpg white914.jpg signal914.jpg bumblebee914.jpg black914.jpg brown914.jpg copper914.jpg gulf914.jpg margie_914.jpg irish914.jpg
914_7T3
Random Malibu Drive Photo! driving.gif

Click to view attachment
mxkinn01
Hello Everyone,
I need to have a long shakedown, make sure everything works, run before the WCR. I will also be in for this Malibu run on the 18th (need to get out of this 100+ degree Vegas heat). I'll trailer down Friday night, grab a room and meet everyone at seal beach or parking lot 11 depending on where I can get a room. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Thanks
Mike
drem914
QUOTE(mxkinn01 @ Jun 15 2022, 07:15 PM) *

Hello Everyone,
I need to have a long shakedown, make sure everything works, run before the WCR. I will also be in for this Malibu run on the 18th (need to get out of this 100+ degree Vegas heat). I'll trailer down Friday night, grab a room and meet everyone at seal beach or parking lot 11 depending on where I can get a room. Looking forward to seeing everyone.
Thanks
Mike

great to see you guys in town again!!!
mxkinn01
I'll be solo this time, Donna can't get off work.
Thanks
Mike
MM1
QUOTE(burton73 @ Jun 15 2022, 03:23 PM) *

I was in, but unseen happenings make a need to change my going on sat. I know everyone will have a great time

Bob B

You will be missed, Bob. We can make a Boney Mtn. run anytime you’d like.
ValcoOscar
@mxkinn01 Mike
@RFoulds Randy

Hey guys, I have accommodations and steet trailer parking for Fri night here in OC off 91 fwy, then we can roll together early Sat. Separate rooms of course. biggrin.gif

Just an option...price is right FREE

PM me if interested

Oscar
ndfrigi
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 16 2022, 06:58 AM) *

@mxkinn01 Mike
@RFoulds Randy

Hey guys, I have accommodations and steet trailer parking for Fri night here in OC off 91 fwy, then we can roll together early Sat. Separate rooms of course. biggrin.gif

PM me if interested

Oscar

Nice again of you sir Oscar! They should see how beautiful are the guest rooms!
mxkinn01
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 16 2022, 06:58 AM) *

@mxkinn01 Mike
@RFoulds Randy

PM me if interested

Oscar

P.M.sent.
RFoulds
Super nice of you Oscar but I’m swamped at work all day Friday so will have to roll out early morning Saturday. Looking forward to it though!
gonzo54
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 4 2022, 02:23 PM) *

QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 4 2022, 10:36 AM) *

If people do not mind, please let us know if you're planning on going and I'll update names on Post #1.

Thanks and see you there driving.gif

Franz, I have a little conflict so won't know until we get closer to the 18th-

Thanks for putting this together-

Franz, Add me and Shirley to the list-We will meet the OC group at the Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Thanks
914SIXXation
QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 16 2022, 05:55 PM) *

If people do not mind, please let us know if you're planning on going and I'll update names on Post #1.

Franz, Add me and Shirley to the list-We will meet the OC group at the Ayres Hotel Seal Beach
Thanks

Hi Franz,

I’m really looking forward to the Santa Monica/PCH/Malibu Canyon drive this Saturday! I’ll be coming in the 2001 Boxster S (my 914-6 parts are still in the machine shop) Thanks so much for all of super work organizing this.

Looks like you have a great group coming! Will be great to see everybody!

As I mentioned when we spoke this last week, many times I get asked if I brought any of my stuffy 914 TFA car pillows as mine is always with me in the car. So, (as I discussed with you) I just want to let the gang know that I will be bringing a few on Saturday and if anyone is interested to PM me for details. I have very limited stock/release left in Blue, Silver, Orange and Yellow. These are from my personal “Stash/Vault” and NEW “VINTAGE” 1977 Collector Items (freshly stuffed). Its a great time to treat yourself to another 914 for Father’s Day………So PM me if interested.

(I’m including a funny picture from the 2019 WCR when these little guys were “fueling up” for the trip….much more reasonable fuel prices back then!)

See you Saturday! Happy Father’s Day (Sunday)!
Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif
914SIXXation
QUOTE(914SIXXation @ Jun 16 2022, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(gonzo54 @ Jun 16 2022, 05:55 PM) *

Thanks

Hi Franz,

I’m really looking forward to the Santa Monica/PCH/Malibu Canyon drive this Saturday! I’ll be coming in the 2001 Boxster S (my 914-6 parts are still in the machine shop) Thanks so much for all of super work organizing this.

As I mentioned when we spoke this last week, many times I get asked if I brought any of my stuffy 914 TFA car pillows as mine is always with me in the car. So, (as I discussed with you) I just want to let the gang know that I will be bringing a few on Saturday and if anyone is interested to PM me for details. I have very limited stock/release left in Blue, Silver, Orange and Yellow. These are from my personal “Stash/Vault” and NEW “VINTAGE” 1977 Collector Items (freshly stuffed). Its a great time to treat yourself to another 914 for Father’s Day………So PM me if interested.

(I’m including a funny picture from the 2019 WCR when these little guys were “fueling up” for the trip….much more reasonable fuel prices back then!)

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif

drem914
PLEASE Do not PM back on this post. I only added the photo to Margies original post.

If you are looking for info on the pillows, please PM Margie direct at @914SIXXation

See everybody tomorrow, should be another beautiful day.
[b]

Hi Franz,

Click to view attachment

Cheers,
Margie
driving-girl.gif margie_914.jpg
LetsGo914
I’m new but in for the Malibu meetup. Looking forward to meeting this group!

‘73 Olympic Blue 914-4, w/ hood badge wink.gif
drem914
22+ Cars Going As of 06/17/22

Drem914 +1
914_7T3
ValcoOscar
914Toy
Robarabian
MM1
Steve
914SIXXation
ndfrigi
914-300Hemi +1
Chupee
campbellcj
Stef914
mgphoto
FL000 +1 or more
Ethan
FELIX74 +1?
oldschool +1
rfoulds
mxkinn01 +1
gonzo54 +1
LetsGO914

Hoping you can join

DTMLGND
ValcoOscar
@drem914

At Vintage Grocers it can get quite busy, so last time we parked in these gray shaded parking lots and ate under the trees (red). Is that the plan this year?
If so, bring a chair...plenty of food options there.

Franz...thanks again for planning this biggrin.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

drem914
QUOTE(ValcoOscar @ Jun 17 2022, 09:58 AM) *

@drem914

At Vintage Grocers it can get quite busy, so last time we parked in these gray shaded parking lots and ate under the trees (red). Is that the plan this year?
If so, bring a chair...plenty of food options there.

Franz...thanks again for planning this biggrin.gif

Oscar

Click to view attachment

@ValcoOscar

Same location as last time. Food is available at the market or you can bring your own instead. There are also restrooms at the market.
Thanks Oscar, See you tomorrow. piratenanner.gif

drem914
Looking for a drive leader from the Malibu meet up point up into the Canyons and back to the Vintage Market. Anyone willing to volunteer that has a good knowledge of the route and possible turn outs?

??
@robarabian ?
@914_7T3 ?
??

(I have a couple 2-way radios, if needed)
campbellcj
I'm super familiar with the roads here but am not sure I can make it for the whole drive if at all so best not to count on me to lead. In general with this many cars, Latigo & Decker will have few if any spots to stop or even pass. Both are very tight and technical, mostly 2nd gear. However the section of Mulholland Hwy, between Kanan & Encinal near Calamigos Ranch, is very wide and straight. Encinal itself is also more like a highway w/ wide sweepers for several miles and there are multiple potential stopping places.

Everyone should plan to be on alert for cyclists, rocks/debris and other surprises out there.

Radios are a great idea and I have a couple of spares too assuming I can make it. There can be zero cell signal in the hills.
914_7T3
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 17 2022, 10:53 AM) *

Looking for a drive leader from the Malibu meet up point up into the Canyons and back to the Vintage Market. Anyone willing to volunteer that has a good knowledge of the route and possible turn outs?

??
@robarabian ?
@914_7T3 ?
??

(I have a couple 2-way radios, if needed)

No problem, I can lead or sweep and will bring a pair of radios too. I’m on channel 7, sub-channel 20 do everyone can adjust theirs to the channel in advance.

Click to view attachment
burton73
Change of plans and I am back in. I will be in Gray late Boxster with a life long bud.

We will be in Santa Monica at 8-8.30

Bob B Burton

driving-girl.gif
burton73
Dup.
Brian Fuerbach
QUOTE(drem914 @ Jun 17 2022, 09:05 AM) *

22+ Cars Going As of 06/17/22

Drem914 +1
914_7T3
ValcoOscar
914Toy
Robarabian
MM1
Steve
914SIXXation
ndfrigi
914-300Hemi +1
Chupee
campbellcj
Stef914
mgphoto
FL000 +1 or more
Ethan
FELIX74 +1?
oldschool +1
rfoulds
mxkinn01 +1
gonzo54 +1
LetsGO914

Hoping you can join

DTMLGND

My wife Chris asked what I wanted to do for Father's day weekend and I suggested this drive, and she wants to go! Add us to the list and we will see you in Seal Beach.
drem914
List updated for 24+ on Post #1
oldschool
So I'm coming from pomona side any one out my way, Ravi lets meet some place.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.