Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OKTEENERFEST 2023 - 10th Year!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
DrinkMan
You can subtract 2 attendees and 1 914 from the list. We just had major storm damage to our home and face a few months of construction and cleanup so will skip this year.
914dave
QUOTE(DrinkMan @ Jul 7 2023, 04:38 PM) *

You can subtract 2 attendees and 1 914 from the list. We just had major storm damage to our home and face a few months of construction and cleanup so will skip this year.

Sorry to see this. I missed 21 because of a major plumbing issue. So feel your pain. Good luck sorting it out
DRPHIL914

sad.gif sorry to hear that, your not far away from it either. Was this from the line of storms that just came thru this past week? we had some local damage here in SC from those as well, not far from us . Hope you are all well and that you are able to get that work done soon! Maybe they will get you taken care of quickly. Im sure if you are able to and change your mind there will be room for you to rejoint us.

Phil
poorsche914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jul 9 2023, 04:35 PM) *
sad.gif sorry to hear that, your not far away from it either. Was this from the line of storms that just came thru this past week? we had some local damage here in SC from those as well, not far from us . Hope you are all well and that you are able to get that work done soon! Maybe they will get you taken care of quickly. Im sure if you are able to and change your mind there will be room for you to rejoint us.

Phil

Yeah, his property got hit pretty hard. LOTS of work sad.gif
Hope to see him next year smile.gif

LODGING UPDATE: As of this morning, there are FOUR rooms left in our block. Wow! that filled up quick blink.gif

Alternate lodging next to the Highland Manor are Best Western Cades Cove Inn (pricey!) to the south and Tremont Lodge & Resort (cheap... ) to the north. Of course, there are plenty of other options in Townsend including vacation rentals.

Steve
driving.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ May 25 2023, 10:21 AM) *

piratenanner.gif
I finally made it official and registered!

See you all in 17 weeks(119 days, 4 hours and 38 minutes)!! biggrin.gif
QUOTE(poorsche914 @ Jul 11 2023, 10:12 AM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Jul 9 2023, 04:35 PM) *

Phil

Yeah, his property got hit pretty hard. LOTS of work sad.gif
Hope to see him next year smile.gif

LODGING UPDATE: As of this morning, there are FOUR rooms left in our block. Wow! that filled up quick blink.gif

Alternate lodging next to the Highland Manor are Best Western Cades Cove Inn (pricey!) to the south and Tremont Lodge & Resort (cheap... ) to the north. Of course, there are plenty of other options in Townsend including vacation rentals.

Steve
driving.gif

ok i just booked my room so 3 left he says , so i guess that means im ready to go!
Al Meredith
Just booked room ...looking forward to seeing everyone again. Al
OrangeBones
I’m booked and looking forward to it (but not the drive). We’ve got a crew coming from Philly.

-Travis
lvnzdrm
Registered and Hotel is booked, excited for the weekend and the to catch up with everyone!!
Tonyooc
QUOTE(lvnzdrm @ Jul 14 2023, 06:26 PM) *

Registered and Hotel is booked, excited for the weekend and the to catch up with everyone!!

Loving your name.....lol
Dlee6205
Registered and accommodations booked. driving.gif
OrangeBones
A few Philly guys grabbed a VRBO in town and cancelled 2 rooms we had reserved so the hotel should have more space now if needed.
-Travis
MDTerp
I just registered and booked my room. The hotel said I got the last room.

Looking forward to joining for the first time this year. Only 2 months to get my 914 ready!
Olympic 914
Bump

Hoping to make it this year...

Seems the hotel is out of rooms.
Minerva's 914
I'm so ready to do this!

Less than 50 days to go, any word on how many 914's are coming?

piratenanner.gif cheer.gif hissyfit.gif drunk.gif
Tonyooc
driving.gif
I just installed new seatbelts and resealed my rear window.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Aug 3 2023, 10:29 AM) *

driving.gif

piratenanner.gif
so are you ready to roll?
@Tonyooc will you be driving or towing? there are a couple others from the SC region will be heading up
keep in touch just in case if having an issue. this happened to me a couple years ago.
I'm in Bluffton, and will probably head out fairly early thursday and mostly take back roads unless i decide to flat tow.
Phil
Tonyooc
I drove there 2 years ago. Not sure if I'm towing or not. I will also be leaving early Thursday. I'll keep in touch.
Olympic 914
Rooms at the Highland were filled, we got a room next door at the Tremont.
Looks like walking distance.

And Registered.

Will be driving down from just east of Pittsburgh.

See you all then.
914dave
Hey Steve
What’s the head count car count up to?

@MDTerp glad to see you signed up. Keep in touch for caravaning down
poorsche914
QUOTE(914dave @ Aug 6 2023, 06:43 PM) *
Hey Steve
What’s the head count car count up to?

We are at 88 participants! That's 4 more than signed up last year and there is still time for all the procrastinators to register happy11.gif

driving.gif
Tonyooc
Woohoo it's going to be could. beerchug.gif
trojanhorsepower
Hugh and I will be there, but due to catastrophic laziness (mine and others) another year has passed and my car is still not ready......
Oh well, maybe next year....
Minerva's 914
Flash back from 2019;

Click to view attachment

Time to get excited!!!
DRPHIL914
5 weeks to go ! time to finish up those punch lists !!!! Been working on mine there are a few things i have not been able to get at, like paint correction of the front hood, and my last big thing was pulling the engine lid to fix the hinge thats cracked don the fire wall, that is not been re-welded yet. but its pulled and yesterday i sanded off old paint from the grill fixed the chips off the back side, it will be ready for reassembly and then installation but not until that mount on the firewall thats cracked is fixed, for now the GT lid ii have is on the car. otherwise i am ready to go!!!

33 days---- driving.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 15 2023, 07:31 AM) *
33 days---- driving.gif

blink.gif
seanpaulmc
Host hotel is full.
Are people staying at an alternate hotel?

Thanks,
poorsche914
QUOTE(seanpaulmc @ Aug 16 2023, 11:10 AM) *
Host hotel is full.
Are people staying at an alternate hotel?

Thanks,

There is no specific hotel for overflow but Tremont Lodge is next door with many other options in the area.

driving.gif
Maltese Falcon
Proud sponsor of Okteenerfest 10 flag.gif
Never know what MSDS will stuff into the Doorprize box. @Steve seems to be all smiles with his big tube 9146 ceramic coated exhaust headers, looks like a right side smile.gif
Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 16 2023, 07:10 PM) *

Never know what MSDS will stuff into the Doorprize box. @Steve seems to be all smiles with his big tube 9146 ceramic coated exhaust headers, looks like a right side smile.gif

Can’t wait to get my 3.6 and these headers onto my car. I got side tracked with shoulder surgery for awhile. See you Marty at Rennsport!
poorsche914
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Aug 16 2023, 10:10 PM) *
Never know what MSDS will stuff into the Doorprize box.

Thank you, Marty!
Let's make it official as I start to list the sponsors...

MSDS Exhaust and Intake Systems

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
PMB Performance - for all your braking needs
Thank you, Eric, for supporting Okteenerfest EVERY YEAR since 2013 piratenanner.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
Evil Werks - Need a transmission rebuilt? Call the doctor!

The "good" Dr. Evil will be at Okteenerfest and has agreed to do a tech session/Q&A.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
A shout-out to Jerry at Spokeworks LED for offering TWO sets of LED brake lights! cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
You'll get a chance at one of TWO gift certificates courtesy of Charles at LN Engineering / The Type 4 Store w00t.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
It just wouldn't be a 914 event without goodies from 914 Rubber beerchug.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
Doug Leehr at Rusty Acres Garage has offered up a set of his Aluminum Rocker Panels aktion035.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
To avoid thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
be sure to visit https://129photos.com for the best pictures on The Dragon shades.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
kerensky
You know, every time this event rolls around I get excited for just a second, thinking its here in Oklahoma. Then I remember. Ah well, one of these centuries... wink.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 21 2023, 05:19 PM) *

You know, every time this event rolls around I get excited for just a second, thinking its here in Oklahoma. Then I remember. Ah well, one of these centuries... wink.gif

We used to have an event that was, a lot of the times, in NE Ok/Arkansas area. Mid US Ramble. It faded away with a wimper when nobody signed up for it.

Search this site for MUSR and you will find past events.

porsche914rick
1970 Porsche 914 -
Dragon

Rick
porsche914rick
1970 Porsche 914
kerensky
QUOTE(ClayPerrine @ Aug 21 2023, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(kerensky @ Aug 21 2023, 05:19 PM) *

We used to have an event that was, a lot of the times, in NE Ok/Arkansas area. Mid US Ramble. It faded away with a wimper when nobody signed up for it.

Search this site for MUSR and you will find past events.

Oh I recall the MUSR. Course my teener's never been running for it, but that's another set of therapist's issues for another day. wink.gif
bahnzai
QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 3 2023, 01:17 PM) *

driving.gif

piratenanner.gif
@Tonyooc will you be driving or towing? there are a couple others from the SC region will be heading up
keep in touch just in case if having an issue. this happened to me a couple years ago.
I'm in Bluffton, and will probably head out fairly early thursday and mostly take back roads unless i decide to flat tow.
Phil

@Tipster0554
Tip is coming out of Blythewood, SC with an Outlaw 74 Sunflower Yellow and would like to caravan with Phil and Tony, if schedules workout.

I would love to, but @914dave has convinced me to watch him waste tires, running away from us and the philly crew for a few days ahead of the event av-943.gif
love ya Dave pray.gif
Tonyooc
I still have not decided if I'm driving or trailering yet. My wife had a recent knee replacement so were going over comfort options.
bahnzai
QUOTE(Tonyooc @ Aug 22 2023, 08:09 PM) *

I still have not decided if I'm driving or trailering yet. My wife had a recent knee replacement so were going over comfort options.

Totally understand!!! I am questioning my sanity blink.gif
Phil said he is flat towing his car.
I am offering to my wife to drive the “Chase vehicle”…with my cars, there is always the chase vehicle lol-2.gif

Phil said he would reach out to Tip to coordinate if you all caravan.
914dave
QUOTE(bahnzai @ Aug 22 2023, 07:03 PM) *

QUOTE(DRPHIL914 @ Aug 3 2023, 01:17 PM) *

driving.gif

piratenanner.gif
Phil

@Tipster0554
Tip is coming out of Blythewood, SC with an Outlaw 74 Sunflower Yellow and would like to caravan with Phil and Tony, if schedules workout.

I would love to, but @914dave has convinced me to watch him waste tires, running away from us and the philly crew for a few days ahead of the event av-943.gif
love ya Dave pray.gif

Guilty as charged! But I don’t know about pulling away from you! @bahnzai
poorsche914
Who needs a rebuilt pedal cluster courtesy of Bruce Stone?
Another great door prize for a lucky attendee!

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
We have a new vendor this year... Curt Curtis of 914Locks is providing a gift certificate for $$ off any lock service for one lucky winner.

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
poorsche914
We are nearing the 100 attendee mark. piratenanner.gif

Registration will be CLOSED Monday September 4th at midnight (EST)

Anyone wanting to present a TECH SESSION or bring stuff to sell at the SWAP MEET, please contact me via PM or email 914 at OKTEENERFEST dot COM

driving.gif
poorsche914
Another NEW vendor sponsor... Telfer Design!

You may have seen their artwork at various Porsche events including Werks Reunion Amelia Island and Monterey, as well as Rennsport and Porsche Parade.

They are donating (2) 16x20 prints. cheer.gif

Click to view attachment

driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.