Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Clutch Cable
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gordong
Hello,
I forgot how the clutch cable keeper is positioned. Maybe not the proper name for it. It keeps the cable from popping out of its bracket. I think... Any thoughts?

Thank you
Gordong
QUOTE(Gordong @ Aug 21 2023, 06:11 PM) *

Hello,
I forgot how the clutch cable keeper is positioned. Maybe not the proper name for it. It keeps the cable from popping out of its bracket. I think... Any thoughts?

Thank you

I did a deep search through the site and found a picture. I correct it and good to go.

Thanks
NARP74
Good job!
Krieger
That is not correct. The bendable lock tab goes on the other side of the transmission bracket. Remove cable from pulley and reinstall. Use the same groove on the clutch cable where the lock tab is now. With a small hammer and punch, fold the locking tab around the trans bracket and into the hole on the bracket.
Superhawk996
agree.gif Yup

Here’s the proper setup
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=218615

Click to view attachment
NARP74
I understand that pic to be the before, or what his was setup like. He found a proper pic and corrected it per his text. I could be wrong...
DennisV
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Aug 22 2023, 08:12 AM) *

Thanks for posting the photos. I'll be doing this soon as well and they are very helpful.
Gordong
Yes. I did a search. Found a photo and corrected it.

Thank you guys for all your help. If all goes good, I may be turning the ignition key this weekend.

Gordon
Cairo94507
Good luck @Gordong beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.