Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: P-car 6 or SBC 8
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
turbo914v8
Brett is wright. We all want more fun. More HP = More fun. That’s why I built my bastard 914. When I get too use to the power or some one makes the mistake of trying to pass me weather it be on a straight or in the twisties I just turn up the boost and its a hole different beast. Trust me. Driving a high HP 914 takes a lot of skill, fast reflexes, and big balls to hold on to it in the corners. I am sure that moving form a stock 4 to a high power v8 would make the best of you wet your pants. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif
redshift
I had a V8, because after 4-5 hours of drving a 4, you dream of one... you know.. biggrin.gif and so it was a 383/425 and you could... icon8.gif spin the wheels pretty much anytime, and it loped on idle, like getting a back rub from a tank, and hated cops, and was safety orange, and even with big rubber, the back end would start the death snap too early for me to squirt the same old curves, at speed, no matter how we set the ride up.

I am not a track guy. I like short visability, and exciting suprises... in the wild.

(that aren't shaped like Bambi)

It's all different driving styles. I had DTSS.. deadly teener.. icon8.gif spinny syndrome..

M
SirAndy
QUOTE (Brett W @ Aug 20 2005, 05:14 PM)
it is usually a city street or on the interstate, where all the handling in the world won't let you win

now i see where you're coming from and why you most certainly need a 500HP SBC in your 914.

we're obviously driving these little cars for completely different reasons ...
cool_shades.gif Andy (who has just as much fun with a 100HP 914)
SirAndy
QUOTE (turbo914v8 @ Aug 20 2005, 05:43 PM)
Trust me. Driving a high HP 914 takes a lot of skill, fast reflexes, and big balls to hold on to it in the corners.
I am sure that moving form a stock 4 to a high power v8 would make the best of you wet your pants. ohmy.gif biggrin.gif

i'm glad you got those BIG BALLS to hang onto. would hate to see you in the ditch or worse.
me, i prefer to keep both hands on the steering wheel, but that's just me ...

i have driven a ~750HP 914 v8. sorry, didn't wet my pants. in fact, it was fun to drive.

i did, however hold on for dear life when Rich Bontempi (who won countless races in his 1.8L 914) took me for a ride in his race-prepped viper ...
smile.gif Andy
Brett W
Andy, I drive a 914 for a couple of reasons:

1. It can be one of the best handling cars on the planet if done right.
2. No one can hang with me in the twisties.
3. I never pass myself or park beside myself.
4. People don't know what it is.
5. Did I say I have to have a car that handles, stops, and GOES.

I have a feeling our reasons are very similar. Are you going to tell Porsche that the Carrera GT is a failure as a car because it doesn't rely totally on driver skill? How about the F40, no traction control, no ABS, nothing but a stout motor, huge brakes and a tight chassis. The 914 is an economy sports car that has many flaws, but the options and advantages of the car in my mind offset those problems. I will continue building 914s, mine will have lots of HP and brakes and world class handling. These are the things in my mind what makes a Porsche a Porsche (not VW).
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 20 2005, 03:19 PM)
QUOTE (Brett W @ Aug 20 2005, 04:02 PM)
My Honda could outrun most of the stock 914s on the autocross course.

first, i doubt that. second, how old is your honda? i don't see too many 35 year old hondas giving brand new porsches a run for their money anywhere. i do, however, see 35 year old 914s do just that at any event i attend.

i just don't buy into this "underpowered" crap.
sorry guys, IMHO, learn how to drive before you complain about not having enough HP ...

sure, i could add a /6 with 200 more HP and maybe shave off a second or two on average, but that wouldn't make me a better driver, now would it?
that's why i'm going to run my 2056 for at least another 2 seasons.
the car has a lot more potential still.
it's not the lack of HP that's holding me back right now, it's the lack of skill on the drivers part.

until that has improved, no additional HP for me ...
driving.gif Andy

Why are you running a 2056? I assume you blew up (or wore out) a stocker and needed a bit more, so you take the next step.

And you also say in 2 years you want more HP

So upgrade and get used to it, upgrade and get used to it.... One day you will need to upgrade into a V-8 (or a late model P-car 6 which will do the same basic thing while only costing 3X more screwy.gif

I think you are getting it.

I also get a kick out of the 4cyl guys comparing cars w/ hondas, while the v-8 guys are comparing cars w/ vipers, ferrari's, New Vet's etc... It has been said you are judged by the company you keep biggrin.gif
Brett W
I don't have a four cylinder 914 anymore. I am in the process of building a 4.0 V8 car. Maybe you missed this:
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...2deba8e98974474

Now I compared it to a Honda because I have a turbo civic as well. Soon I will have two V8 cars one street and one race. Neither will be based on a production car.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Aug 20 2005, 08:39 PM)
I think you are getting it

no, au contraire, i think you're *not* getting it ...

the 1.8L was tired and the 2056 came along, no big deal. i could have bought and installed a SBC 350 for the same amount of money i paid for the 2056 but i choose not to.

it is too bad that some guys (like you) seem more interested in the bragging rights about how much HP their car has and how BIG their balls are, than actually being interested in the 914 as a classic sports car.
of course we all know that a high HP engine in your car means you have huge balls and you're for sure a manly man ... rolleyes.gif

maybe you should stick with your american iron and leave the 914s to the guys who can enjoy them for what they are ...
dry.gif Andy
Andyrew
I had my 914 for a good year on the stock engine.

I considered a couple things.

I had a dyno'd 55hp to the rear wheels on a 2.0....

I had 2 considerable options.

T4: Spend 3k and build an engine that had about 140hp, Either built 4 or turbo. I would still have the reliability that I had. None.

Or: Spend 3k and build a reliable, and infinately fast(more hp=more $$) v8 (only in the straights dry.gif ).

I considered my options.
I considered what I could do.
I considered what I really liked.....

I talked it over with my parents....

Then one day my engine (after adjusting the valves) just went crazy... it had no power, no idle.. ext. Normal symtoms, some should be fixed after adjusting the valves... but I made it worse. Told myself I cant do this, I hate this engine, and decided to do a conversion. I mulled over the options....

6 is to much money for me.
v6 has balancing issues
subi 2.0 140hp
subi 6, 160hp
subi turbo's Never been done.

Each of these engine's where conversions that for the most part where in my budjet and where for sale durring the 1 year that I was looking for a replacement power source.

Then someone mentioned v8. I think it was brad.... He told me how much I could do it for... Then Scott gave me a great offer, then another guy gave me a great offer... and I said heck.. Lets do it.

Now that its said and done, I've ridden in 6's. I've driven 4's. I personally love hot rods,

my car is a hot rod, and I love it.

No it might not handle like a light weight T4 with hoosiers and suspension...
Its not light weight, I have YET to do my weight mods,
It doesnt have hoosiers, Its running regular street tires.
And It Does need more rear suspension work. Im pushing.

Give me a year.
I just finished with reliability and school.

Now I have a little bit of time, and money.

btw, andy, I dont think the v8's guys are trying to go for the "classic sports car..." I dont even think that your car qualifys....
I think the v8 guys are going for a hot rod/exotic supercar mix.

Maybe thats just me.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 20 2005, 11:48 PM)
I dont even think that your car qualifys....

why? because it has a 916 body kit on it?
let's see, the car is a '70, the factory build the 11 916s in '72.
i don't see a problem there ...

i don't mind v8 conversions. hot rod all you want. it's your car. no problem.
just don't tell me that the only way the 914 is *worthy* and *fun* is with a 350 in it ... bs.gif

if you have to run around telling everybody how big your balls are because you dare to drive a 914 with a v8 in it, fine ...
just don't expect anything but a rolleyes.gif from me ...
beerchug.gif Andy
Andyrew
Alrighty, I see your point on your car.
And the four cylander does give it a more sports car feeling. (rev it to go)

I dont remember seeing anyone say that the v8 is the only way...

I must say that on the track, I think that the v8 vs a simularly prepaired 4 (same cash involved) would do much better.

Heck, my v8 is my error fixer on the autox.... lol... Im not the best driver out there (by far)

Im not even the worst! Im somewhere in the middle. With little hope of being the best.
grantsfo
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Aug 20 2005, 02:15 PM)
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 20 2005, 01:54 PM)

Everyone knows Corvette drivers need all that power because they dont know how to drive.  :trophy:

You really need to get out more, Grant. biggrin.gif

I had Tom Kotzian jump into my car at a SCCA practice session
recently......he's a former 3 time national champ in SS.
He hadn't driven a 914 in about 15 years. After a quick refresher course on the 914 shift pattern in the lanes, he knocked a second off my best time...on his first pass. blink.gif
...a 27 vs my 28 sec pass.....a lifetime on such a short course.
I've got 100 bucks that says you can't do the same.

I figure you were doing a bit of bench racin' with that comment, but I run against Vette types all the time and there are some fast mofos out there.

JP I'd hate to see what my grandma would do to your time if she drove your car. laugh.gif

Back to V8 discussion. Its just wrong to put such a crude heavy power plant into an incredibly balanced car that has decades of race heritage. You pretty much end up with a bubba mobile that contstantly needs fix'n. It doesnt take more than looking at Andyrews SCCA video to see him break something after an easy AX run.

..and if I was going to ruin my car with a non Porsche engine I wouldnt consider a V8. I'd probably go with a 250+ HP bike engine.
J P Stein
The little old lady from....Santa Cruz? laugh.gif

I let lotso people AX my car. No ladies have stepped up yet.
You or your grandma can be first. biggrin.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (J P Stein @ Aug 21 2005, 06:50 AM)
The little old lady from....Santa Cruz? laugh.gif

I let lotso people AX my car. No ladies have stepped up yet.
You or your grandma can be first.  :D

JP we have a few ladies down here who would drive your car and probably drive it faster than either you or me.

One more thought on SBC. I'm sure Dr. Porsche must be turning over in his grave knowing that people have put iron block V8's in this car. Its wrong in a karma-tic sense as well. I feel ill when I see these 914's butchered with a big clunky V8 protruding into space where it was never intended to be. These cars should only be allowed at the drag strip and banned from any type of motorsports where they come in contact with real Porsches. I just have no tolerance for people who thumb their noses at the convention set by Dr. Porsche and years of racing expereince.

I guess it would be differnt if Dr. Porsche had grown up on a corn farm in the South and almost went blind from drinking moonshine. Maybe then he would have seen the humor in this activity.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 21 2005, 10:59 AM)
[
One more thought on SBC.  I'm sure Dr. Porsche must be turning over in his grave knowing that people have put iron block V8's in this car.  Its wrong in a karma-tic sense as well.  I feel ill when I see these 914's butchered with a big clunky V8 protruding into space where it was never intended to be.  These cars should only be allowed at the drag strip and banned from any type of motorsports where they come in contact with real Porsches.  I just have no tolerance for people who thumb their noses at the convention set by Dr. Porsche and years of racing expereince.

I guess it would be differnt if Dr. Porsche had grown up on a corn farm in the South and almost went blind from drinking moonshine.  Maybe then he would have seen the humor in this activity.

He really would turn over in his grave after watching the new Z06 Corvette lap the Nurburg ring faster than any 996 Turbo GT2 Porsche ever has.

This was a stock Corvette on street tires. It set a lap record of 7 mins and 42 sec.

Bob wink.gif
J P Stein
No shit?
The NW is blessed with a number of female AXers who are SCCA National champs & trophy winners. How many of those do you run against? You would if you did some SCCA.
There was a woman at Mather running a BP 70s Vette beast
that was hella quick....national champ I heard. GGR prolly wouldn't let her run.....and you're are trying to teach me PC?
I can think of one of them up that might be able to pull off what Tom did......she's a former FPL champ in a 914. Given a few passes, I'm sure she could out run me.....but first shot out of the box is a maybe. Tom wasn't even working, he was just showing me his lines.

When you get a six in your car...if you go with my recommendation for the 10:1 deal, you'll find it a very different driving experience.
J P Stein
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 21 2005, 07:24 AM)

This was a stock Corvette on street tires. It set a lap record of 7 mins and 42 sec.

Bob wink.gif

Damn.
I can remember whem Phil Hill broke 9 minutes is his F1 car....
he broke the lap record by 19 sec.
grantsfo
QUOTE (BIGKAT_83 @ Aug 21 2005, 07:24 AM)
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 21 2005, 10:59 AM)
[
One more thought on SBC.  I'm sure Dr. Porsche must be turning over in his grave knowing that people have put iron block V8's in this car.  Its wrong in a karma-tic sense as well.  I feel ill when I see these 914's butchered with a big clunky V8 protruding into space where it was never intended to be.  These cars should only be allowed at the drag strip and banned from any type of motorsports where they come in contact with real Porsches.  I just have no tolerance for people who thumb their noses at the convention set by Dr. Porsche and years of racing expereince.

I guess it would be differnt if Dr. Porsche had grown up on a corn farm in the South and almost went blind from drinking moonshine.  Maybe then he would have seen the humor in this activity.

He really would turn over in his grave after watching the new Z06 Corvette lap the Nurburg ring faster than any 996 Turbo GT2 Porsche ever has.

Bob wink.gif

Naw Carrera GT put 10 seconds on that junk heap.
BIGKAT_83
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Aug 21 2005, 11:40 AM)
[Naw Carrera GT put 10 seconds on that junk heap.

The new Carrera GT is also $475K. Gm is working on a supercharged version of the Z06 with a 200 HP increase with more track ready suspension. This will be a match for the Carrera.
Buy the new supercharged Corvette and with the left over change buy 25 to 30 Toyota Echos and we could all go Auto crossing.

huh.gif Bob laugh.gif
LvSteveH
That is only a 2% time differential on a car that is nearly 10% of the cost... that is absolutely astounding. When you consider what it costs to maintain a GT compared to the Vette, it is even more impressive. Too bad I don't like them.

I can just never recall getting that warm and fuzzy feeling after seen a Vette. Imagine what you'd feel like if you spotted a Carrera GT at your local grocery store. wub.gif
BIGKAT_83
I saw a new Carrera GT last week driving around N.Georgia. Don't know if the Guy was drinking moonshine or not,but sure looked like he was having fun.

ohmy.gif Bob
turbo914v8
Ok you win, I just pucked up a stock 914 2.0 L and I am now selling my 914 bastard. I want to play race car driver with the real men. smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif
Brett W
One more thought on SBC. I'm sure Dr. Porsche must be turning over in his grave knowing that people have put iron block V8's in this car.

The Ferrari F50 had a cast iron block.

The SBC is an old standby. Are you going to bitch when someone puts an LS1-7 in the car? What about a 4 litre Lexus? Maybe you think that the Carrera GT goes against what Dr Porsche stood for? OMG a big clunky V10. Oh the Horror. ohmy.gif

I don't necessarily agree that a small block will destroy the handling of a car. Why don't you look at the Trans AM cars. They all run small blocks, and handle great.

If you really want to see some cool shit (Grant not included) check out www.glennbunch.com. Guy built a 528 Hemi Challenger to run in IMSA. Car weighed 2450 with 32 gallons of fuel. After seeing this car run I can ssure you it ain't slow in the corners.

I just don't fall into this stupid belief that just because you have a big HP motor that you have some how totally destroyed tour fine sporty car. The 911 is bass ackwards and yet no one knocks its success. Is the 911 turbo and 935 no longer a fine sports car because they have a bunch of HP?
Andyrew
Um.....

What about the 918?

Seemed like the dr. liked that car a bit.
LvSteveH
I think it should be pointed out that every chassis has a maximum effective horsepower. Of course some of the elements are tire size, limited slip, and suspension setup, but there is still a point at which more power actually diminishes the dynamics of the car.

Lingenfelter built a twin turbo 700+hp C5 corvette that improved only negligibly over the stock numbers in acceleration, and I'm sure would not do anything for the car at the track.

Having a twin turbo SBC in a 914 with 1000hp is great for bench racing, but where is it practical or even beneficial in any capacity? Do you accelerate appreciably faster than if you only had 500hp in your car? I doubt it.

The 914 seems to me to love around 200hp. It just seems balanced there. Anything over 400hp in a street driven 914 seems to me to be more about bragging rights than anything usable. Dedicated track cars are of course another story all together.

A 2100 pound 914 with 300hp, a nicely tuned suspension, and decent tires would be just about perfect on the street and entirely capable on the track, just ask the guys running a 3.6L six. If properly geared and setup, that would net 12 second quarter mile times AND great handling in a car that can be comfortable enough for the street. That's Viper, Z06, and GT2 territory on a postman's budget.

And there is no reason the same 300 hp couldn't come from a well prepped 302 V8 with aluminum heads that spins to 7500 rpm just like the porsche.

Just my .02 cents.
startsw/p
If you were building an airplane, which would you rather have? If you were building a truck? I agree with sammy, its the whole feeling of the six. Sure SBC's sound cool too, but its like a beatiful woman with a man's voice. The BMW engine is a cool twist though, they make the most HP per litre. idea.gif
Dan_F
Wow, this discussion turned into an argument.
My experience is very limited, I rode in a race prepared 914-6 for the poker run at WCC '05 and it was amazing to say the least. A couple weeks ago I rode in GWN7's V8 conversion when he was coming through. Also amazing. I have only ever driven a 1.8 four and still love it after riding in both of the faster cars.

I have been thinking what I would do when my 1.8 eventually quits.
They both sound awesome, they both haul ass, they were both loud, rode rough and handled better than most street cars. The 6 felt faster although I think it was because of the more peaky power.

One of the reasons I bought a 914 was because there are so many options on what to do with them and so many people with different tastes that own and modify them. I just wonder, assuming for the same cost and with the same reliability you could have a 250hp 4, 6, or 8 would the arguments still be the same?

I would prefer the 6, personally. It's not the cheapest, not necessarily the fastest, maybe not even the coolest, but it seems the most right to me.
My $0.02

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Dan_F @ Aug 22 2005, 03:51 PM)
...assuming for the same cost and with the same reliability you could have a 250hp 4, 6, or 8 would the arguments still be the same?

as long as piston engines make power over about 120 degrees of crankshaft rotation, a 4 is never going to be as smooth as a 6. (the contra-rotating Lanchester balance shafts a la 944 come real close...)

the only real problem i have with 8's is the quality of the TYPICAL implementation. they CAN be done well. i've seen a few that HAVE been done well. but it seems that most people have (historically) viewed the V8 as cheap power and cobbled things together, cut corners, not thought things through, and employed excessive backyard engineering.

i'd rather see a properly done V8 conversion than a shitbox 6 conversion any day.

the cost of PROPERLY adding power to ANY car is not going to be cheap.
neo914-6
QUOTE (startsw/p @ Aug 21 2005, 06:04 PM)
Sure SBC's sound cool too, but its like a beatiful woman with a man's voice. The BMW engine is a cool twist though, they make the most HP per litre. idea.gif

Not sure of your other analogies but most people don't consider the 914 to be "beautiful" ... ohmy.gif

are you saying the 914 itself or that the engine sounds like a girl? laugh.gif

All,
Let's agree that everyone has their own interpretations and preferences.
aircooledboy
Hmmmm........ idea.gif

Some "interesting" perspectives offered here. I realized long ago that SBC conversions are in the same class as religion and politics around here. You are never gonna change anybody's mind, so save your breath. It did make me laught when Hippy got jumped on for jabbing the AX guys, but Grant gets a pass on the repeated, indefensibly inflammatory insults. confused24.gif

I have been driving 914's for over 25 years now. I've had 9 of them, including every stock engine configuration to leave the factory. I think I'm a pretty skilled driver, I don't think the size of my balls is related in any way to the car I drive, and I think I have my fair share of common sense. My current 1.7 was my good weather DD for 3 years, and I pushed that car to it's limits many times on some nice twisties I drive regularly. But now that I have the V8 car completely sorted, the 1.7 just gathers dust. I see all of the comical classic "here's why an SBC sucks" myths restated here as though they were truth. All I know is that V8 is more fun than, and handles as well as, any 914 I've ever driven.
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Aug 21 2005, 01:18 PM)

Having a twin turbo SBC in a 914 with 1000hp is great for bench racing, but where is it practical or even beneficial in any capacity? Do you accelerate appreciably faster than if you only had 500hp in your car? I doubt it.

The 914 seems to me to love around 200hp. It just seems balanced there. Anything over 400hp in a street driven 914 seems to me to be more about bragging rights than anything usable. Dedicated track cars are of course another story all together.

A 2100 pound 914 with 300hp, a nicely tuned suspension, and decent tires would be just about perfect on the street and entirely capable on the track, just ask the guys running a 3.6L six. If properly geared and setup, that would net 12 second quarter mile times AND great handling in a car that can be comfortable enough for the street. That's Viper, Z06, and GT2 territory on a postman's budget.

And there is no reason the same 300 hp couldn't come from a well prepped 302 V8 with aluminum heads that spins to 7500 rpm just like the porsche.

Just my .02 cents.

Just because there are 1000 HP on tap, doesn't mean you use them all the time, you learn throttle control on a whole new level. If traction will only handle 500HP, only use 500 burnout.gif w00t.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Aug 22 2005, 05:56 PM)
It did make me laught when Hippy got jumped on for jabbing the AX guys, but Grant gets a pass on the repeated, indefensibly inflamitory insults.

yes, we are intolerant of anonymous people from undisclosed locations.
especially those whose initial posts are highly controversial - borderline inflammatory.

i tend to believe little from anonymous posters until they've established some credibility; maybe not even then.

<--- my name's right over there.
Crazyhippy
You got a mouse in your pocket?

If you dont like me because you dont know my name... to bad.

And as far as me be anonymous, welcome to the internet happy11.gif

I'm not here for you to like me. (note the period) i'm here because i happen to like 914's. I've built a few of them, i've driven a few of them, and have my opinions on what makes the cars better, and what doesn't.

Have a nice Day. flipa.gif

Oh BTW, this thread was started at the request of a long time member, not just because i wanted to cause trouble (causing trouble was just a benifit)
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Aug 22 2005, 06:59 PM)
If you dont like me because you dont know my name... to bad.

i have no opinion of you because I DON'T KNOW YOU.

AFAIK, you're a perfectly nice person IRL and only play a jerk on the internet.
Crazyhippy
I've got you beat, i know your name and where you live, and still dont know you.

Good call w/ the anonymous card wacko.gif

You have illustrated that you dont like me (refered to me as Jerk for one) so you are highly unlikely to fairly weigh any arguments i might add for or against something idea.gif

I think we are both here for the same reasons. Different ideas maybe, but that's part of the fun. As long as a car is done nicely i will respect it (maybe not the rotaries, just not natural, no con-rods and all screwy.gif )and i think you're the same way.

There now you know me beerchug.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (Dan_F @ Aug 22 2005, 11:51 AM)

The 6 felt faster although I think it was because of the more peaky power.

Humm....it musta been yellow laugh.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 22 2005, 03:02 PM)

AFAIK, you're a perfectly nice person IRL and only play a jerk on the internet.

We agree......no mouse in my pocket sonny.

We can picture you as anything we want as you seem to be unable to clarify yourself.

I prefer you as a pimply faced hi school kid with a computer....you know, socially retarded, unable to connect with real people except by the anonymity of the internet. A clever put down to you is flipping someone the bird.

I could be wrong, but as Rich said, you play a punk on the internet....or words( less offensive) to that effect.

Now excuse me while I put a block on you.....a first for me here......and to whomever asked you here (if that is true), thanks for nothing.
mihai914
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Aug 22 2005, 06:59 PM)
Oh BTW, this thread was started at the request of a long time member, not just because i wanted to cause trouble (causing trouble was just a benifit)

hijacked.gif

I agree with Rich, what you're doing is like showing up for the first time in a bar and stirring stromberg.gif

How do you think the regulars will take it? And just because you're on the Internet doesn't mean that you have to lose all your education and good sense.

Back on subject, the stock 95hp of the 2.0 four was enough to get me in trouble, so I tend to lean towards the "become a better driver and then go for power" option.

Most people here appreciate all flavors of the 914 up to the wild and crazy, but they appreciate it because it's nicely done.

You can drive a hack job even with a stock T-4 if it was a half-assed install.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Aug 22 2005, 07:11 PM)
I've got you beat, i know your name and where you live, and still dont know you.

You have illustrated that you dont like me (refered to me as Jerk for one) so you are highly unlikely to fairly weigh any arguments i might add for or against something...

i have 4852 posts; if you read even a tiny fraction of those, you'd know me as well as 99% of the people here do.

i still don't know *you*. i'm not fond of the character you play here.

i'm not likely to weigh any arguments you may make at all.
Andyrew
I prefer you as a pimply faced hi school kid with a computer

Hey.

I resent that remark.

but im in college now. I'll get over it wink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (ArtechnikA @ Aug 22 2005, 03:32 PM)
i tend to believe little from anonymous posters until they've established some credibility; maybe not even then.

here's the location of his (Crazyhippy) IP address:

a SoCal conspiracy? personally, i think it's Skline posting under a different login ...
J P Stein
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 22 2005, 04:05 PM)
I prefer you as a pimply faced hi school kid with a computer

Hey.

I resent that remark.

but im in college now. I'll get over it wink.gif

Yeah, but your "normal".....well....as normal as things are around here. Hummm....you have a v8 914, and thus midly retarded...could it be ...nah, your old man rides herd on you.....prolly taught you how to act in spite of yourself.
biggrin.gif

College?...my,my. Prolly be my boss before I die & I'll have to do some gratuitous ass kissin'.....Z can give me lessons. biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 22 2005, 05:08 PM)
personally, i think it's Skline posting under a different login ...

Mr. Kline, that was a joke!!! beerchug.gif

but here's some interesting info i found on the internet (on a site for boats and porn of all things) ... biggrin.gif
he used the same email there so i know it's him ...

===================
http://www.havasubarney.com/
===================

Profile for "CrazyHippy"

Home Page: http://www.renegadehybrids.com/
Birthday: 24 July 1979
Interests: You mean there is life outside of the internet???
Boat description: 20' Avenger, 200EFI merc and a 91 STV Pro comp
Penis Length (for women: depth to cervix): more than AZH
Member Group: Members
Member Title: party like a Porn star
Signature: I Snatch Kisses, and vice versa!

IMHO, "Renegade Hybrids" just lost a boatload (double pun intended) of credibility ..
dry.gif Andy
redshift
Andy, we don't hold it against Porsche, that Britt drive parts of one. laugh.gif

I used Google Earth, and found this picture for that IP:
J P Stein
Good stuff , Andy. Lessee 1979.....26/7 years old. I got underware older than that...but it prolly smells better.
I out grew my personal punkism at about 22, but 27 is not unheard of.....quite common is this day and age, actually.
Prolly trying to impress the boss at work with his management skills/PR work. Not smart enuff to learn to cover his tracks from Andy, tho.....I couldn't either, but am wise enuff not to put myself in that position.

Pardon me while I laugh my ass off. BUUHAHAHAHAHA
grantsfo
Lets keep this to the facts. Fact is SBC V8's suck in these cars.

I think some of you knew I was just kidding. ...right? biggrin.gif

Here's my honest opinion, I think regardless of powerplant you chose car preparation is more signficant than engine configuration or power. There are wickedly fast 3.6 liter 6 cylinder cars that have incredible preperation that I would say almost no V8 could touch on a road course. I'm sure there are some incredible v8's too. I do think some v8 conversions cut a lot of corners, but I have seen some incredible conversions that were right on the money. I wouldnt mind driving either a well done SBC V8 or a six conversion. ...Damn but thats a boring opinion and makes me feel like I'm getting ready to hold hands with you guys and sing songs. laugh.gif

I have chosen the 6 conversion route as I want to compete in PCA and POC class events in the future. And if I'm honest I'd rather hear the sweet sound of a well tuned 6 rather than an awesome v8 behind my seat just because I have always wanted a 914-6. If I were to go for a non-Porsche conversion think I'd be looking at a turbo rotary engine or that wicked V8 they put in the Radical SR8.

Bottom line I'm a car nut and they are all good. 4, 6, 8, rotary, just do them right and you'll have a cool car! smilie_pokal.gif
Dr. Roger
Oh yea', and I like both the P powered and the SBC powered 914's for different reasons.

$.02 worth of opinion..... huh.gif biggrin.gif
Crazyhippy
I must have really bunched up some panties for you blokes to go through all this for me wub.gif

Now care to explain the So-cal IP?? clap.gif clap.gif

You are right, I am BJ, formerly of Renegade. I'm 26 living in So Cal (camarillo to be more accurate). I spent a few years building V8 914's. I've built some damned nice cars, and fixed some of the Shit that you all seem to assume is all v-8's.

BJH
grantsfo
QUOTE (rogergrubb @ Aug 22 2005, 05:05 PM)
Note to self:

"Don't mess with Andy".

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Now i'm trying to think of all the things i've posted online in the past.... YIKES!!!! Soem stuff is good though.... beerchug.gif

Foget all this converstion stuff. I want to go to Burning Man! Oh wait. ...I'm married.
Dr. Roger
It starts THIS weekend.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.