Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 123 Distributor Group Buy for November 2023
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
DC_neun_vierzehn
I just talked to Ed at 123 Ignition USA and he's agreed to set up another group buy for 914 World members. He will give us a code that will provide an instant 5% off and then if we 10 people use that code in 30 days everyone will get another 5% refunded (for a total discount of 10%).

I don't want to get that code yet because we'll be on the 30 day clock once he provides it. I'm thinking we could get the code on November 1st.

Who would be interested besides me and @FlacaProductions ?
FlacaProductions
Thanks for being the honcho on this - very nice!
JeffBowlsby
123 Ignition
DC_neun_vierzehn
For those that are unfamiliar with 123 there are plenty of threads about the benefits. Here's a recent thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=364592

914_teener
I think I did the original group buy on these.

Back then, they only had the switched version for D-jet and blue tooth for carbs.

For stock D-jet the switched version ran just fine and for those who don't know "switched" means the curve configurations are (were) hard mapped in the dizzy.

So I noticed that there is a considerable price difference between the mappable dizzy and the hard mapped dizzy (switched)..bout $200.

Still, I'd say hands down, the best improvement for drivability I ever did on that car.

Stratfink
I’ve been considering this. The group buy could be the incentive to pull the trigger.

DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(914_teener @ Oct 20 2023, 02:44 PM) *

I think I did the original group buy on these.

Back then, they only had the switched version for D-jet and blue tooth for carbs.

For stock D-jet the switched version ran just fine and for those who don't know "switched" means the curve configurations are (were) hard mapped in the dizzy.

So I noticed that there is a considerable price difference between the mappable dizzy and the hard mapped dizzy (switched)..bout $200.

Still, I'd say hands down, the best improvement for drivability I ever did on that car.

Huge endorsement there "the best improvement for drivability I ever did on that car."

@BeatNavy said the same thing - bluetooth option was not available for D-jet when he got his 123, which makes makes setup tricky. Seems like the bluetooth option is a no brainer now.

The 123 w/ bluetooth is not cheap ($500-ish), but worth it when you weigh in all of the potential troubleshooting headaches and expenses you'll save yourself from in the future. Just new trigger points (or rebuilt trigger points) alone are nearly 50% of the cost of a 123 w/ bluetooth.
saigon71
Count me in for this group buy. Thanks for setting it up. beerchug.gif
aharder
I've been thinking of one for a long time so you can count me in also.
I just need to determine which one, I think it's the BT Tune + Porsche 4-R-V since I'm running Weber 40's and will have the same on my 2056 in progress.
Front yard mechanic
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 20 2023, 09:18 AM) *

Jeff everything I read from you regarding 123has been skeptical. Are you now all in?
Porschef
If the thought even entered your mind, then just do it. Yes, there are no less expensive alternatives to points and condensers but nothing has made my car run better.

Yeah, the half G is a hit to some, myself included, but the old expression “Buy once, cry once” really applies here.

And there’ll be no crying after it’s dialed in. beerchug.gif smile.gif
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Oct 21 2023, 01:58 PM) *

Jeff everything I read from you regarding 123has been skeptical. Are you now all in?

Not skeptical, I think the 123 is technically a good solution. The only concerns I brought up before were related to the djet trigger points connection to the harness. It’s not resolved at all and is a long term problem. I think it needs a new 2 piece watertight quick disconnect connection for mating to the harness, a flexible protective wire covering over the exposed wires, and something to watertight the wiring penetration at the dizzy body. It would be great if 123 would provide this to make their dizzy plug ‘n play. If they would send me a complementary djet dizzy for my 74 914 2.0L djet I could develop a solution. wink.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
Looks like we have 5 in so far for the group buy:

1. @FlacaProductions
2. @DC_neun_vierzehn
3. @Stratfink
4. @saigon71
5. @aharder

Just need 5 more.
jim-c
I had one of these installed on my 2.0 . It worked great . Easy to install, quality piece. I had the Bluetooth model and the ability to adjust timing at various rpm was very helpful .
flipb
For a 2056 running 40IDF carbs and a mild cam, would I need the bluetooth model?
87m491
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 21 2023, 07:05 PM) *

QUOTE(Front yard mechanic @ Oct 21 2023, 01:58 PM) *

I think it needs a new 2 piece watertight quick disconnect connection for mating to the harness, a flexible protective wire covering over the exposed wires, and something to watertight the wiring penetration at the dizzy body.

A "non problem" searching for a solution? Does anyone drive their 914s in the rain?
JeffBowlsby
The problems are real.

The open engine bay allows water in.

Even if the car is never driven in rain or washed, engine heat degrades unprotected wiring as is provided by the 123 dizzy with the trigger points wiring. The proposed watertight quick disconnect to the FI harness (even if a watertight connection is not needed), minimizes corrosion of the terminals and dirt/grease contamination of the electrical connection.

The proposed wiring protection also provides stress relief protection of the wiring as it enters the dizzy, from engine vibration
slapshot
I have been planning on buying one. I've been waiting to see what deals they had on black Friday. Looks like they have done 10% off in the past.

cashiersjm
I'm in for the wireless programmable 123\TUNE+4-R-V-P for a carbed engine. I got a text from Ed today confirming this is the one for carbs.
iankarr
More than a group buy...a MUST buy. Night and day diffference. Plus with the bluetooth model you can set a passcode for the car and it won't start without the code. Way easier security than pulling the coil wire wink.gif
87m491
email sent

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 23 2023, 10:36 AM) *

Looks like we have 5 in so far for the group buy:

1. @FlacaProductions
2. @DC_neun_vierzehn
3. @Stratfink
4. @saigon71
5. @aharder

Just need 5 more.

flipb
OK, count me in.
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(slapshot @ Oct 24 2023, 10:28 AM) *

I have been planning on buying one. I've been waiting to see what deals they had on black Friday. Looks like they have done 10% off in the past.

I'll just ask Ed straight up if they're offering a discount on Black Friday.

And if they are, could he sweeten the group buy offer (e.g., 15% off?). Otherwise, we could all just do with the BF deal and I don't need to do all of this cat herding : )

I'll call Ed today. He seems like an honest and transparent dude.
FlacaProductions
@DC_neun_vierzehn - I like this idea. For me, it's going to happen either way.

thanks for leading the way.
DC_neun_vierzehn
Just talked to Ed. They are not doing a black Friday deal this year. They did one years ago, but have since discontinued. Thus, this group buy is the last opportunity in 2023 to get a discount on a 123.

So far it looks like we have the following in on the GB:

1. @FlacaProductions
2. @DC_neun_vierzehn
3. @Stratfink
4. @saigon71
5. @aharder
6. @flipb
7. @87m491
8. @cashiersjm
9. @slapshot
10. ?

Please LMK if you're listed above and shouldn't be. Also please let me know if you should be listed above, but are not.
Craigers17
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 27 2023, 07:56 AM) *

Just talked to Ed. They are not doing a black Friday deal this year. They did one years ago, but have since discontinued. Thus, this group buy is the last opportunity in 2023 to get a discount on a 123.

So far it looks like we have the following in on the GB:

1. @FlacaProductions
2. @DC_neun_vierzehn
3. @Stratfink
4. @saigon71
5. @aharder
6. @flipb
7. @87m491
8. @cashiersjm
9. @slapshot
10. ?

Please LMK if you're listed above and shouldn't be. Also please let me know if you should be listed above, but are not.

Hate to see 1 spot holding up the deal....so count me in for a distributor and probably the coil too.
FlacaProductions
@Craigers17 for the win.
Craigers17
QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Oct 27 2023, 10:48 AM) *

@Craigers17 for the win.

You guys did all the hard work. I'm just jumping on the wagon. Besides, I'd really like one of these distributors.
fiacra
I've been thinking about doing this for a long time now, so I'll be in as well. I'll probably get one for each of my two 914's. One for the 1.8 L-Jet and another for the 2.0 D-Jet. Both stock FI. Confirmed with Ed today that I had the correct choices in my cart. He sent me a discount code already, but I'll wait until I get the official word on this thread. Now I've just got to pull a few extra shifts to soften the blow on the savings account...
BuddyV
I'm in too!!!

beerchug.gif
DC_neun_vierzehn
Ok. So it looks like we have at least 10 now ...

1. FlacaProductions
2. DC_neun_vierzehn
3. Stratfink
4. saigon71
5. aharder
6. flipb
7. 87m491
8. cashiersjm
9. slapshot
10. Craigers17
11. fiacra
12. BuddyV

Here's the discount code for us to use (even if you're not listed above you may use it): 914WORLD

https://123ignitionusa.com/porsche/

If you have any questions about which product(s) to buy for your particular 914 motor setup, just give Ed at a call: 440-668-8164.

Remember, you will get 5% off immediately. Then after 10 buyers have used this code, we will receive an additional 5% refunded from our original payment.

Cheers,
Kris
fiacra
Order placed this morning for 2 distributors.
FlacaProductions
Fantastic.
Gentlemen.....start your credit cards.
g911
Excellent. Thank you!
JeffBowlsby
What’s the last day to order with the discount code?
burton73
Question is how fast can we get these. Marks 2270 car is ready for it in the next couple of weeks

Bob B
densible1
I added 1 unit using group code.

Mark
fiacra
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 29 2023, 01:03 PM) *

Question is how fast can we get these. Marks 2270 car is ready for it in the next couple of weeks

Bob B

@burton73 I ordered 2 yesterday and got a message that they shipped today. I suppose the faster you order them the more likely they will ship right away. If they run out of stock you might have to wait for a restock. You can always ping Ed and ask. He responded to my question within a day.
87m491
Ordered,
thx

QUOTE(FlacaProductions @ Oct 28 2023, 07:50 AM) *

Fantastic.
Gentlemen.....start your credit cards.

DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(burton73 @ Oct 29 2023, 02:03 PM) *

Bob B

Call Ed at 123 and ask him: 440-668-8164
DC_neun_vierzehn
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 29 2023, 01:35 PM) *

I believe the code is active for 30 days.
flipb
QUOTE(cashiersjm @ Oct 24 2023, 06:22 PM) *

I'm in for the wireless programmable 123\TUNE+4-R-V-P for a carbed engine. I got a text from Ed today confirming this is the one for carbs.
QUOTE(flipb @ Oct 25 2023, 09:38 AM) *

OK, count me in.

I'm trusting this to be the correct answer for a Carbed 2056. Ordered (with coil) today.
slapshot
Ordered. type.gif
Craigers17
Ordered + coil. Talked briefly with Ed...seems like a great guy.....he said we were already at 7 or 8.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 30 2023, 07:18 AM) *

A specific date please. 30 days from when? Nov 30?
fiacra
QUOTE(JeffBowlsby @ Oct 30 2023, 08:51 AM) *

QUOTE(DC_neun_vierzehn @ Oct 30 2023, 07:18 AM) *

A specific date please. 30 days from when? Nov 30?

@jeffbowlsby I pinged Ed today and he confirmed that the last day to use the code is November 30, 2023
JeffBowlsby
Thx Broheen.
FlacaProductions
Just ordered a bluetooth D-jet version and coil...really looking forward to it!
Robarabian
I got in on another one as well. Thanks for arranging it. Ed is a great guy. I just sent him back mine to make sure it wasn't faulty and he replaced the whole circuit board just to be safe. Said likely nothing wrong with it. Threw in a new distributor cap for free as well. Good dude.
cashiersjm
Just ordered 2 with coils
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.