Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No mod fire extinguisher mount group buy
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mb911
My laser cuts will be done in about a week or 2 and wanted to offer them up here before going to my website. They will be on the website for $65 plus shipping. I will be offering these to the group for $45 plus shipping. They will all be powder painted flat black and come with hardware. You will likely have to drill the mount for your exact FE. I use a purple K thanks to Greg Coons suggestion years ago. This will fit all 914s with movable passenger seats. Zero mods required for the car and the parts are laser cut with no welds so look very clean.

PayPal or check are accepted. I would expect that shipping will be in the $15-$17 dollar range for most locations. If PayPal I will ask for the 3% fees.

You can email or PM for details

Or post here

Click to view attachment
mzapisek
I have two of these installed. Great quality and really easy to install.
orthobiz
I am in for one please...

Paul
mb911
QUOTE(orthobiz @ Jan 7 2024, 10:39 AM) *

I am in for one please...

Paul

Sounds good
Freezin 914
I would do one for sure. If they will work in a 911, I would buy another one as well.
Rufus
Ben, I’m in for one as well. Thanks, PM sent
Cairo94507
Yup; PM sent. beerchug.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Freezin 914 @ Jan 7 2024, 11:25 AM) *

I would do one for sure. If they will work in a 911, I would buy another one as well.

Sorry not on a 911
mb911
I won’t reply back to pms right away as I want to keep them new and unread until I have a bigger list made in a day or 2 then I will make sure you include all your contact information.
GEB63
Ben, I will take one as well. Thanks
technicalninja
Count me in as well.

I was a huge believer in Halon.

Boy, those are expensive now!

A decent sized one is 500+ today.

They will put out the SUN!

I'll have to look closer at the Purple K stuff now.
jdbogart@self-serv.net
QUOTE(mb911 @ Jan 7 2024, 03:09 PM) *

I won’t reply back to pms right away as I want to keep them new and unread until I have a bigger list made in a day or 2 then I will make sure you include all your contact information.

I really like it, but it appears from your website the mount won't work on the passenger seat of a 1970 914, correct?

Don
Bucci
Ben, I’ll take one please post description for payments.
arbitrary
One please.
mb911
QUOTE(Bucci @ Jan 7 2024, 10:26 PM) *

Ben, I’ll take one please post description for payments.

I don’t have a 70 to confirm with but I doubt it.
Superhawk996
Ben,

Sorry to be dense. When you say no mod, how are they mounting? Sharing bolts with seat adjust comb? Just clipping over the lateral box section in front of the seat?

I think I’m in for one but just want to understand how it mounts
Steve
I will take one
Montreal914
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 8 2024, 07:54 AM) *

Ben,

Sorry to be dense. When you say no mod, how are they mounting? Sharing bolts with seat adjust comb? Just clipping over the lateral box section in front of the seat?

Same here… idea.gif

Is it attached to the body or the seat (does it move or not)?
If attached to the body, what is the seat position in your picture, far back or set for a normal passenger height (what ever normal means…)?
Any option of getting it in satin black instead of flat black?
Thanks for making these! smile.gif

Parallel topic, maybe group shipping to some of the SoCal folks? Just a thought…
mb911
QUOTE(Montreal914 @ Jan 8 2024, 09:00 AM) *

QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 8 2024, 07:54 AM) *

Ben,

Same here… idea.gif

Is it attached to the body or the seat (does it move or not)?
If attached to the body, what is the seat position in your picture, far back or set for a normal passenger height (what ever normal means…)?
Any option of getting it in satin black instead of flat black?
Thanks for making these! smile.gif

Parallel topic, maybe group shipping to some of the SoCal folks? Just a thought…

Sorry flat black is it. No other options without making it expensive. These mount on the seat itself and sandwich mount-seat base material- large washer and then bolts through the whole assembly Click to view attachment
mb911
I tested in my car for the last few years. It works perfect and doesn’t get in the way of my 8 year old or my 23 year old when they get in the car
mb911
Please PM with interest as well.
mb911
One member commented that possibly the fire extinguisher is to far away from the seat and the reason for this was to ensure it would fit multiple FEs if for some reason you want those trimmed before powder back by an inch or so please let me know by tomorrow afternoon. All get bent Wednesday morning
Eric_Ciampa
Put me down for one.
mb911
QUOTE(Eric_Ciampa @ Jan 8 2024, 04:20 PM) *

Put me down for one.

Ok
Superhawk996
beerchug.gif I’m in
mb911
Sounds good everyone picking up laser cuts this morning
dstudeba
Please add me, thanks!
mb911
Laser cuts have been picked up. Bending tomorrow then off to painter

Click to view attachment
mb911
Expecting to be shipping by next Tuesday/Wednesday
jmalone
Ben, please put me on the list for one bracket. Thanks so much for making these.
mb911
QUOTE(jmalone @ Jan 9 2024, 04:22 PM) *

Ben, please put me on the list for one bracket. Thanks so much for making these.

If you could drop a PM with all your details like email and shipping information and I can send PayPal invoices?

That goes for everyone. Ordered boxes this will move fast
mb911
Click to view attachment

All bent and headed to powder paint
DRPHIL914
interested as well, i just was out of town and not online much at all for the past week so i missed this when it was launched.

Please put me down for one i will PM you

Phil
JamesM
Just saw this.

count me in!

perfect timing too as my car is just going back together and I have been looking for a better way to mount my extinguisher.
JamesM
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jan 11 2024, 12:58 AM) *

Just saw this.

count me in!

perfect timing too as my car is just going back together and I have been looking for a better way to mount my extinguisher.

actually strike that i guess. Just notices you are mounting to the seat itself and I wont be running stock seats. Im looking for something that possibly attaches to the stock rails but I wont have the stock seats.
mb911
QUOTE(JamesM @ Jan 11 2024, 12:00 AM) *

QUOTE(JamesM @ Jan 11 2024, 12:58 AM) *

Just saw this.

count me in!

actually strike that i guess. Just notices you are mounting to the seat itself and I wont be running stock seats. Im looking for something that possibly attaches to the stock rails but I wont have the stock seats.

There really was not an easy way to do that without modifying the seat rails and that doesn’t work for the masses
SirAndy
I'll take one!
piratenanner.gif
Gary
Want 1. Will PM.
mb911
Done. Gonna box tomorrow then we pm everyone or send PayPal invoices for those that sent me information Click to view attachment
mb911
Click to view attachment

And installed
56kabrio
I’ll take one as well.

Thanks

Mack
mb911
QUOTE(56kabrio @ Jan 11 2024, 07:05 PM) *

I’ll take one as well.

Thanks

Mack

Please send a pm with contact information. I will be sending invoices tomorrow
mb911
Click to view attachment
Freezin 914
first.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Cairo94507
Money sent. beerchug.gif
mb911
Everyone that sent and email address except DRPHIL (your email is to long) has been sent an invoice. Everyone else got a PM with details on how to pay. Thanks for the support it allowed me to sell half of what I had made and that really allows me to continue to inventory products and make new products
Superhawk996
Thanks for making these Ben!

I always struggle with make vs buy. It’s always hard to beat the stuff you do.

By the time I get metal, cut, drill, de-burr, powder coat, and account for my time, etc., I think this was a great deal. smilie_pokal.gif
mb911
QUOTE(Superhawk996 @ Jan 12 2024, 11:26 AM) *

Thanks for making these Ben!

I always struggle with make vs buy. It’s always hard to beat the stuff you do.

By the time I get metal, cut, drill, de-burr, powder coat, and account for my time, etc., I think this was a great deal. smilie_pokal.gif

That’s kind of how I view it as well. I was also able to supply everyone with a new stick perfect for your back window in the 914 or on your tool box. Shipping ended up being more than I hoped but still worked out ok. I charged 17 to everyone and averaged 23 but I am ok with it helping everyone out and still a few bucks left for me to buy 914 stuff
JuniorVarsity
poop, just seeing this. Will take one if any left or another run is planned. Will PM my data just in case.
mb911
QUOTE(JuniorVarsity @ Jan 14 2024, 04:31 PM) *

poop, just seeing this. Will take one if any left or another run is planned. Will PM my data just in case.

I have plenty left. And replied to your PM.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.