Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pedal cluster roll pin
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
mightyohm
A couple minutes? It took me a couple hours just to get the cluster back in the car. And that took a lot of contortions to get the clutch clevis back on. It's not one of my favorite jobs, that's for sure.
cooltimes
Couple of minutes for replacing the pin itself is what I was saying but if it took you a couple of hours, that is cool. I work a little faster myself. I have done that job numerous times considering 31 914's I have owned and driven since the summer of 1970. Even helped a few buddies replace their's too. Paid less than a quarter for some of those pins. Guess the price now is adjusted for inflation like the gas thread. LOL
mightyohm
Ok, here they are, side by side.

Weltmeister pin on the left. Porsche on the right.

The Weltmeister is very obviously made from a lighter gauge steel, and is also a larger diameter, so it compresses more when installed.

Conclusions?

I for one am going to swap out for the "real deal" when I get a chance. There is a clear difference in strength between the two pins.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.