Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish list, 914 products you'd like to see???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
lapuwali
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Aug 29 2005, 08:02 AM)
I believe this is the radio plate from my '73 and after looking at it again me thinks it's not correct; there's no cut-out for the glovebox lock. Might be from another P-car? Comments are welcome.

Oh, and I might be interested in some CF headlight covers that incorporate the eyebrow like on the Chalon cars. I'd like to improve on that design a little (just the headlight design).

That's not a radio plate, that the fusebox plate.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 29 2005, 09:19 AM)
QUOTE (jonwatts @ Aug 29 2005, 08:02 AM)
I believe this is the radio plate from my '73 and after looking at it again me thinks it's not correct; there's no cut-out for the glovebox lock. Might be from another P-car? Comments are welcome.

Oh, and I might be interested in some CF headlight covers that incorporate the eyebrow like on the Chalon cars. I'd like to improve on that design a little (just the headlight design).

That's not a radio plate, that the fusebox plate.

agree.gif

fuse box and relays sit on it under your dash.... laugh.gif
jonwatts
headbang.gif

Evidence of how long since I removed it from the car.

laugh.gif
zymurgist
How about the plastic clips that hold the targa roof in place in the trunk? If these are already available in repro, I'm not aware of them, and even when you can find good originals, the newest piece is 30 years old and brittle.
Rotary'14
How about the plastic clips that hold the targa roof in place in the trunk? If these are already available in repro, I'm not aware of them, and even when you can find good originals, the newest piece is 30 years old and brittle.

Those are made by one of our members here,,,

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=4&t=32563
goose2
plastic clips that hold the targa roof in place in the trunk?

Still available new OEM, I think. I got some from Craig once...the rubber ones at the rear too. smile.gif
zymurgist
QUOTE (Rotary'14 @ Aug 29 2005, 12:26 PM)

Those are made by one of our members here,,,

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...=ST&f=4&t=32563

Sweet! smilie_pokal.gif
Rockaria
I always wanted a better center console system that was more like a 993 or so. With a smaller front shift/gauge holder, but it would go all the way to the firewall and have a better glove box type thing in it, maybe armrest height. Somthing I could carpet or vinyl cover.

Maybe??
goose2
better center console system

I have thought about this too...would be nice to have it narrower than the stock type for more foot room, include a cup holder for my coffee, a lockable arm rest box or storage locker, a sub woofer and gauges/switches. Sounds like a project for James (Morphenspectra). How about it james...can we fit in a gps screen and dvd monitor, a couple big amps, and one of those 12V 'fridge/heater combos too? wink.gif
URY914
confused24.gif What are you using to seal the plug wire/connector where it enters the engine tin? My wires were a Accel universal kit and didn't have the seals with it.

Has anyone found something else to use? confused24.gif

I may ask this as a seperate thread to get some responces.

Paul
Chromatech
QUOTE (STL914 @ Aug 27 2005, 06:15 PM)
An inexpensive, bolt-on, conversion unit that would allow
me to burn distilled water instead of that high priced petroleum by product currently available. Oh yeah, it has to increase my MPG to at least 60. smilie_pokal.gif

This would be fine if you set up your own still.....

We are paying $0.97/L (CDN) for Regular. If I walk into the corner convenience store to buy bottled (not distilled) water, it will cost me $1.97/L........go figure! I think I'll stick to regular! beer.gif

Cheers
tat2dphreak
good quality, easy to install, competitively priced grommetts... all of them... most of mine are hosed... dry.gif
brownaar
new Billet oil coolers made from intercooler cores work well you may not need an external cooler at all

This I need. Jake, you'll make a fortune if these work!
pray.gif
Targa
How about CF trunk lids? Is anyone making these? I wonder how much weight you can save? Does anyone know what the difference in weight is with FG vs. stock?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Targa @ Aug 29 2005, 04:21 PM)
How about CF trunk lids? Is anyone making these?

Getty
CF and FG both; several guys here have the CF lids.
donno the weight difference tho.
for many Getty parts there are both "street weight" and "track weight" in both CF and 'glass, 4 weights total. i haven't had much success getting those weights from Getty for any named part...
scotty b
QUOTE (tat2dphreak @ Aug 29 2005, 11:09 AM)
good quality, easy to install, competitively priced grommetts... all of them... most of mine are hosed... dry.gif

YEEAAHHHH DUDE! All my grommets are hosed to brah. They all ran off with some betty's and left me holdin the stash, and now I'm hosed too.
Rusty
- Good German squareweave carpet kits... reasonably priced. OE ones are apparently made from spun gold.

- Trunk carpet kits, i.e. Porsche 916

- 914/6 dash clips (NLA)

- 914/6 shifter cover (NLA)

- new 914/4 CV joints

- Replacement shift knobs

- the little disk inserts for the instrument switches & lighter.

-Rusty smoke.gif
Mike,

Are you consolidating this 'wish' list for the ecom site? cool.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Lawrence @ Aug 29 2005, 05:50 PM)
- Good German squareweave carpet kits... reasonably priced. OE ones are apparently made from spun gold.

- Trunk carpet kits, i.e. Porsche 916

- 914/6 dash clips (NLA)

- 914/6 shifter cover (NLA)

- new 914/4 CV joints

- Replacement shift knobs

- the little disk inserts for the instrument switches & lighter.

-Rusty smoke.gif

916 carpet kits are available from mittelmotor in germany.

covers everything in front and back trunks smile.gif
jonwatts
PS - to avoid another situation like the 4 lug vented rotors maybe you (whoever "you" is) should find out what people are willing to pay for stuff before investing in too much R&D. Never hurts to be reminded what a bunch of CSOB's you're catering to biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
agree.gif

Well said, Jon. biggrin.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Sep 6 2005, 07:16 PM)
agree.gif

Well said, Jon. biggrin.gif

So you're saying 2K for a CF roof isn't going to fly? huh.gif sad2.gif

How about 1K for a sticker that you can but on your roof to make everyone think it's CF........uh, from 30 ft. away. biggrin.gif
McMark
As the 914s gain in value (yes it's happening) more and more people are going to be willing to pony up for nice items. People like Joe (914RS), Felix (Neo914), and others are really setting the bar high. It's people like them who are out in front, taking risks that are pushing our lovable little car into the limelight. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.