Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wish list, 914 products you'd like to see???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Mueller
CarbonFiber (CF) liteweight engine lid

CF stock replacment targa top

CF headlight covers that intergrate the headlight mounting bracket

above items should have a good cosmetic finish for those that do not want to paint them
JeffBowlsby
MPS diaphragms.... biggrin.gif
echocanyons
CF outer rocker panels

DIN radio face plate covered in basketweave

Visor mounts (wasnt someone working on these?)

Plug and play 914/4 to 914/6 engine harness
Mueller
QUOTE (echocanyons @ Aug 26 2005, 12:50 PM)
DIN radio face plate covered in basketweave

got you covered (so to speak smile.gif ) should have pricing by next week....McMark and I have been working on this....
Aaron Cox
a pattern for the dash face....so one could make it out of whatever they choose......
Allan
CF Bumpers

I really like the CF targa top idea...
echocanyons
got you covered

Are you taking preorders?
smrz914
Student discounts! not that I could afford any parts, even if there were.
lapuwali
How about CF seat pans identical in every way to the stock ones, except with higher side bolsters. I'd also make them available in FG at a lower price.

Round shift knobs, much like stock, but for a lot less than $150 a throw. Wood or plastic.

A CF airbox for twin Webers much like the /6 metal airbox, but for the /4. Making a much lighter /6 airbox in CF would also probably find a good market, as the /6 metal Weber airbox weighs a ton.

A lightweight tubular side-shift engine mount bar rather like Paul's.

btw, I like the engine cover idea... biggrin.gif

maf914
Affordable rubber weather seals.

Like that's gonna happen! laugh.gif
goose2
Nice sunvisors, similar to original. Minimalist, weld on steel flares....about half the width of the GT flares.
URY914
You guys are lovin' the CF stuff.

Why don't you take a F-glass bumper or targa top and overlay a piece of CF and resin over it and than polish it out to a nice shiny finish. Same look-low price.

Paul
bondo
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 26 2005, 01:24 PM)

Why don't you take a F-glass bumper or targa top and overlay a piece of CF and resin over it and than polish it out to a nice shiny finish. Same look-low price.

Paul

I would want a CF targa top for lightness... not just performance wise, but for easy removal and stowing.

How about a CF 914? The whole thing.. smile.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 26 2005, 04:22 PM)
...the /6 metal Weber airbox weighs a ton.

the /6 Weber airbox is plastic...

911's had metal ones...
Engman
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 26 2005, 04:24 PM)

Its a CA thing.

AAR and chrome bumpers.

M
maf914
QUOTE (lapuwali @ Aug 26 2005, 12:22 PM)
A CF airbox for twin Webers much like the /6 metal airbox, but for the /4.  Making a much lighter /6 airbox in CF would also probably find a good market, as the /6 metal Weber airbox weighs a ton.

I like the idea of an enclosed filter air box too. I think there may be a system available from one of the German VW tuner places, maybe Ahnendorp (spelling?). It's been discussed over on the Shop Talk forums.

Didn't Morphenspectra mention that he was considering this?
Rough_Rider
Rear wing in Lexan (cause it clear), similar idea to TVR Sagaris.

CF gas pedal with hinge & custom pieces for heel & toe.

jonwatts
Carbon Fiber Hydrocarbons

Ok, for reals,

CF or glass sail panel scoops. You know the ones I'm talking about? I'm looking for a picture.
redshift
Free gas. Muffler bearings. Oil filter bypass valves.

M
jgara962
It would be nice if Porsche North America had a crate motor program similar to what GM & Ford offer now.
redshift
They do, they are just out of stock, for the most part.

There are still available crate motors.

M
Engman
Already have it - except it is called Jake Raby.

M
TravisNeff
Some of these, Engman are you looking? I made this a couple years ago, fits right where the radio goes for 3 VDO guages and notched for the lock on the glove box.
Engman
Theres somone working on something like that now - perhaps *they* will come out and play.

M
skline
I for one, would like to see bolt in Ceramic rotors and big calipers for the front and rear of the 914's with the 5 lug conversion. If you could get them around $500 complete, I think everyone would buy them. A fast car is only as good as it's brakes! biggrin.gif
olav

Rear valance with built-in/integrated diffuser.

smilie_pokal.gif
jr91472
affordable, kitted oil cooler setup (specifically for a 914). Not a race kit, but something for us street guys in hot climates. (i.e. something mounted over the tranny.)

biggrin.gif
goose2
Rear valance with built-in/integrated diffuser.

I'll second that
Jake Raby
QUOTE (Engman @ Aug 26 2005, 12:49 PM)
Already have it - except it is called Jake Raby.

M

Actually nope....

Crate motors are mass prioduced, not attention to detail, loose toleranced piles of rubble assembled by non english speaking illegal aliens.....

Thats what happens in a factory that isn't ran by the car/engine Manufacturer...

I have zero desire to build one engine more per year than I currently do... That number gets fewer and fewer every year, this year I doub't we'll complete 25... But the development goes up every year, do does power and so does the price....

BTW- in 1998 I built 80 engines, all by myself- last year TWO of us completed 37...

affordable, kitted oil cooler setup (specifically for a 914). Not a race kit, but something for us street guys in hot climates. (i.e. something mounted over the tranny.)

If my new Billet oil coolers made from intercooler cores work well you may not need an external cooler at all.... Just bolt this baby in the stock location and drive...... I am testing them next week- all billet and bad ass!!!
BMartin914
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Aug 26 2005, 11:46 AM)
MPS diaphragms.... biggrin.gif

agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif agree.gif
McMark
Who's got a stock uncut, original metal radio plate (rectangle and two holes) they can mail me?
watsonrx13
F-glass or plastic cover for relay board...

F-glass bumper tops, front and rear....

bondo
QUOTE (McMark @ Aug 26 2005, 03:41 PM)
Who's got a stock uncut, original metal radio plate (rectangle and two holes) they can mail me?

I just checked mine.. hacked. I had assumed it was unhacked because it had an old school blaupunkt radio. So much for assumptions.
Andyrew
More front and rear bumper options (theres like....2....) 916, or stock...(on the rear)
front, that racing boxy one, the 916, fiberworks, and stock.

A cup holder setup..... lol

sail pannel scoops would be awesome as said above.

front hood with louvers or such suitable for a radiator.... lol

Lexan light covers/box's. simular to the 944 race ones.

Mark, you mean one for the radio to go into? Or the plate to cover the spot up on...(My original is in my car I believe... I have the stock radio in the garage)

jonwatts
QUOTE (McMark @ Aug 26 2005, 03:41 PM)

I'm checking mine tonight at the request of Ferris Mueller.

boxstr
I was going to go into production of the stainless steel dash inserts. After looking at all of the variables it is to time consuming and I am afraid it would mean a lot of shipping cost because of the size and weight.
Plus there are to many different configurations, check them out you will be suprised.
So I have instead been in contact with an ODD Parts Fabricator for the MPS diaphragms. I sent him some examples to work with and will be getting new information soon.
So if someone wants the dash insert business, go for it.
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
McMark
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Aug 26 2005, 03:04 PM)
Mark, you mean one for the radio to go into? Or the plate to cover the spot up on...(My original is in my car I believe... I have the stock radio in the garage)

The thin sheet metal piece that looks similar to the picture posted earlier in this thread ( the picture above has three round holes, vs the stock rectangle and two holes).
Andyrew
OH ya...

a wing mount like this...

user posted image

thats what I want.....
Andyrew
Sorry mark, just checked... Mine was hacked by the previous owner. (cut in the middle for radio... arg...) but it was housing the stock radio. Maybe the hacking is "dealer installed".. lol

If you still need it for a template... i'll send it to you..
scotty b
904 gauge kit huh.gif
904 gauge kit dry.gif
904 gauge kit wacko.gif
904 gauge kit unsure.gif
904 gauge kit blink.gif

GOOD, WERKING, window regulators for early cars : Sheet metal panels that actually fit : Gruppe R taillights unsure.gif : partridge in the hair tree
goose2
CCLINPRAISETHELOWERED
laugh.gif
jonwatts
QUOTE (Mueller @ Aug 26 2005, 12:39 PM)
CF stock replacment targa top

agree.gif Looking for a functional replacement that is lighter than stock but sturdier than the Sheridan skin.

airsix
(you said cheap)

In order of feasability:
  • 904 guage kit
  • 100% complete & correct nothing-missing it-all-fits weatherstripping kit
  • tail-light and turn-signal lenses
  • carbon tub w/ unequal-length double wishbone f/r suspension w/ pushrod springs/shocks (threaded collars and 4-way adjustable w/ remote resevoirs of course)
    6speed sequential gearbox
  • respect
  • airsix
    QUOTE (jonwatts @ Aug 26 2005, 03:36 PM)
    agree.gif Looking for a functional replacement that is lighter than stock but sturdier than the Sheridan skin.

Jon,
    I bet you could take a Sheridan skin and get really good strength out of it by either:

1. bond a foam sheet (1/8-1/4" or so) to the underside and glass over it making it double walled w/ foam core.

or

2. bond a foam cross-brace and perimiter brace to underside and glass over the foam.

-Ben M.

ps - How's the project? Blog us up an illustrated diary!
    scotty b
    QUOTE (airsix @ Aug 26 2005, 03:54 PM)
    (you said cheap)

In order of feasability:

• respect

• laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif w00t.gif chairfall.gif poke.gif jester.gif
    jonwatts
    Hi Ben,

Sure I could probably do all that, but why when I can underpay a good friend to do it for me? biggrin.gif
    I'd love to play with fiberglass and CF but I think these guys are serious and ready to get started. I'd rather support them than do it myself for the same amount of money (or more) and have it take longer.

As for the project, I've got so much left to do that I'm trying to offload what I can and still feel like I'm building the car. I do want to bloggit, just when there's something to blog.

But last week, for the first time in over a year, the car rolled ohmy.gif I was pushing it onto Mueller's trailer laugh.gif

airsix
    QUOTE (jonwatts @ Aug 26 2005, 05:25 PM)
    I'd rather support them than do it myself for the same amount of money (or more) and have it take longer.

I'm sorry, but that kind of logic just doesn't fit the spirit of the 914 owners community. A true 914 owner will take a full unpaid day off of work to spend 8 hours doing a 2 hour repair himself to save $20. laugh.gif

So the question is....
    Who cured you?
    Just Kidding.
    So, do you think they can help me too?
    Again, I'm only kidding.
    So can they?

-Ben M.
    tat2dphreak
    cheap chrome bumpers, chrome targa trim pieces, someone is already doing the fiberglass bumper tops(thank god!!)

I'm sure there's a shitload more stuff, but I'm wrecked! but that's a good thing! biggrin.gif
    Twin master cylinders that is easy to install.

cool.gif
    JeffBowlsby
    How about replacements for those NLA items:

*Pleated rubber boot at the shift rod to rear housing penetration
    *Plastic fuse box covers
    *Rubber turnsignal wiring harness boots
    *Plastic rear window caps
    *New relay boards

For the big money...tinted see-through tops...like the Saratoga but better...maybe a top with clear resin and open CF weave fabric to let filtered light through laugh.gif

I am not into CF for my cars, but for those that are how about CF front, side, rear valences? CF engine tin? CF relay board cover? CF air filter box?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
    Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.