Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s AT HERSHEY PORSCHE PARADE 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
BEE DRIVEN
Back to the Hershey Porsche Parade, front plan tip view of the 914-6 from Maine.
BEE DRIVEN
Last of the photos in this area of the show. Front view of a very nice 914. White is difficult to photo in the bright sun, I wish I could have gone back when the sun as not overhead.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (BEE DRIVEN @ Sep 3 2005, 05:56 PM)
Rear view of the 914-6. There's an extra lamp in the back, is it a EURO FOGLAMP ? Anyone know?

Yes, that's the rear European foglamp.

--DD
nein14
here you go!
nein14
next one
nein14
next
nein14
next
nein14
next
nein14
next
nein14
last one of the one at Hershey that got away.
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (nein14 @ Sep 4 2005, 12:06 PM)
last one of the one at Hershey that got away.

Thanks John, thats what I like to see! I need more photos from the owners and their cars that were at Hershey. Keep them coming, I will soon post more photos on the concours prep area at the HERSHEY LODGE.
Dave_Darling
Isn't that Evill Ed's former car? Helluva car, that one...

--DD
nein14
Hey Dave, that is Evil Ed's. Some visual changes as well as some mechanical upgrades 930 bilstein front struts w/911S calipers,914-6 spaced calipers w/Carrera vented rotors, rear weiltmeister swaybar, cold air induction, 70amp alternator,all new interior, 15x8 fuchs on all four corners and a few othe things.

You right about the build Ed did on the car it is one hell of a car!!!!!!!!!! aktion035.gif
Evill Ed
OK, after staring at John's pics of "his" car, all I can say is
I WANT IT BACK !!!!!!!!!!!

Please,
Ed

PS - Nice touches John, it really looks great.

Ed
nein14
Thanks Ed, you deserve most of the credit!!! biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Well, what do you expect of someone named "In Your Auto"?? lol2.gif

--DD
(who will probably burn in hell for that lousy joke!! wink.gif )
Evill Ed
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Sep 5 2005, 03:50 PM)
Well, what do you expect of someone named "In Your Auto"??   lol2.gif

--DD
(who will probably burn in hell for that lousy joke!!  ;)  )

ar15.gif Dave

Ed
BEE DRIVEN
These following photos were taken on saturday,the day before the concours. They show the hard work all the owners went through to prep their cars for the concours on sunday. It could have not been easy for them with the temps at 95 or plus degrees ,and cleaning the cars in the parking lot of the Hershey Lodge. So there's a big THANK YOU TO ALL THE OWNERS!!
BEE DRIVEN
914-6 getting special attention.
BEE DRIVEN
More.
BEE DRIVEN
914-6
BEE DRIVEN
All doors open,and every area is getting wiped down. Beautiful 914 from San Antonio.
BEE DRIVEN
Every area looks like show room condition.
BEE DRIVEN
Trunk side paint looks as good as top side.
BEE DRIVEN
I know this is not a 914,but everyone was out there cleaning. This is great looking 356.
BEE DRIVEN
Early 911 getting the final cleaning.
ninepfourteen
The #59 Phoenix Red car is owned by myself, my father, and my two sons. All four of us share expenses, and driving. We autocross and do PCa DE's with the car. It has been built with the intention of club racing.

All of the work (even paint) is our own except the cage which was done by Steve Limbert at Air cooled racing. The car was purchased from Steve in 2003. It was AXed with success in the Philadelphia area in the 80's by a previous owner.

Current engine is a carbed 2069 four. Fenders, hood and deck lid are glass as are the bumpers. Note seen is a ATL cell and Oberg filter. Plans are to do six conversion when we can find a 3.0L we can afford.

Car has been built to closely duplicate the Brumos IMSA car of the 70's. Until just before the Parade, it even had Brumos windshield banner. The original said "Built in Jacksonville" on the rear.

Thanks for the kind words and the photos.
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (ninepfourteen @ Sep 6 2005, 06:01 AM)
The #59 Phoenix Red car is owned by myself, my father, and my two sons. All four of us share expenses, and driving. We autocross and do PCa DE's with the car. It has been built with the intention of club racing.

All of the work (even paint) is our own except the cage which was done by Steve Limbert at Air cooled racing. The car was purchased from Steve in 2003. It was AXed with success in the Philadelphia area in the 80's by a previous owner.

Current engine is a carbed 2069 four. Fenders, hood and deck lid are glass as are the bumpers. Note seen is a ATL cell and Oberg filter. Plans are to do six conversion when we can find a 3.0L we can afford.

Car has been built to closely duplicate the Brumos IMSA car of the 70's. Until just before the Parade, it even had Brumos windshield banner. The original said "Built in Jacksonville" on the rear.

Thanks for the kind words and the photos.

Thank you ninepfourteen, for adding the history to your car. Every car has a story ,and adds more to this photo gallery. Here are a couple more photos I had of your car.
BEE DRIVEN
One more photo of #59 Phoenix red club racer.
BEE DRIVEN
More cleaning the day before the concours.
BEE DRIVEN
Some owners were making final shift linkage adjustments the evening before the concours.
BEE DRIVEN
One more view of this beautifully restored 912 from New York.
BEE DRIVEN
Looks like three generations of this family working on this Carrera.
BEE DRIVEN
More Carrera cleaning.
BEE DRIVEN
914-6 parked,cleaned,and covered. Just waiting for the big day.
Jasfsmith
The 914-6 from Maine is an original Swiss registry 914-6 that was brought into the states in '85. I've attempted to keep it as original as possible with limited mods. Re-paint of the front hood as the prior owner added a badge that did not appear on the original, left door jamb as it had a few deep scratches from what I don't know. Added Bilsteins and drilled rotors front and back (originals were not serviceable). Replaced the rear fog with what Porsche said was a superceded model. I'm still searching for a good period original. The original one with the car has shattered lense, and interior reflected was tarnished beyond repair. The superceded model's housing appears correct, however the lense has a slight different profile where it meets the housing. I can't swear that it is original to the car as it does not appear on the Certificate of Authenticity, unless it is covered by the "Switzerland Equipment" option.

Engine upgrade has been limited to chain tensioner update and lower valve covers. Turned 100,000km in route to the Parade.

I was too timid (or wise?) to enter the Concours.

Jasfsmith
BTW, the color of the 914-6 of Swiss registry is "Blutorange". Sure looks like the standard Tangerine, however it does not carry the same color label (i.e. L21). It is definitely brighter than my plain jane Signal Orange 914-4.
smg914
I wonder if "blutorange" translates to "blood orange" paint number 23.
Evill Ed
QUOTE (smg914 @ Sep 7 2005, 01:05 PM)
I wonder if "blutorange" translates to "blood orange" paint number 23.

It do.

Ed
BEE DRIVEN
Sunday.....concours day...the day of judging. It seems as if every area the car is looked at, and touched. This is the only photo I have showing this.
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (Jasfsmith @ Sep 7 2005, 05:53 AM)
The 914-6 from Maine is an original Swiss registry 914-6 that was brought into the states in '85. I've attempted to keep it as original as possible with limited mods. Re-paint of the front hood as the prior owner added a badge that did not appear on the original, left door jamb as it had a few deep scratches from what I don't know. Added Bilsteins and drilled rotors front and back (originals were not serviceable). Replaced the rear fog with what Porsche said was a superceded model. I'm still searching for a good period original. The original one with the car has shattered lense, and interior reflected was tarnished beyond repair. The superceded model's housing appears correct, however the lense has a slight different profile where it meets the housing. I can't swear that it is original to the car as it does not appear on the Certificate of Authenticity, unless it is covered by the "Switzerland Equipment" option.

Engine upgrade has been limited to chain tensioner update and lower valve covers. Turned 100,000km in route to the Parade.

I was too timid (or wise?) to enter the Concours.

Thank you jasfsmith, for the history of your 914-6. As for the Concours ,next time you should go for it.
BEE DRIVEN
In this area I will post some of the Historic Porsche Exhibition. This first photo is on the 1953 550.01 coupe. Porsche's very first purpose-built race car.
BEE DRIVEN
3 qtr. rear view of the 1953 550.01 coupe.
BEE DRIVEN
550.01 coupe rear view. The shape of this porsche is awesome for 1953.
BEE DRIVEN
Interior shot of the 550.01 coupe.
BEE DRIVEN
This Porsche race car is the 1964 904. Factory team car at Targa Florio (1st overall), Nurburgring, Le Mans, Spa, Sebring, and at Daytona where Joe Buzzetta, and Gerhard Mitter won their class and finished 7th overall.
BEE DRIVEN
1964 904 front view.
BEE DRIVEN
I like this angle of the engine. 1964 904 engine.
BEE DRIVEN
1964 904 top of engine.
BEE DRIVEN
3 qtr. rear of the 904.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.