Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914s AT HERSHEY PORSCHE PARADE 2005
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
BEE DRIVEN
The 50th Porsche Parade 2005 at Hershey,was the largest event of Porsches I've been to. I realized that no matter how car,or Porsche crazy I am, it's possible to burnout from Porsche overload. I did manage to photograph enough 914s to make this topic worth viewing. I ask anyone with photos of this event to please post them.
I will start with some of the vintage race 914s that were on display, starting with this 1971 914-6GT Daytona winner.
BEE DRIVEN
More of the 914-6 GT.
BEE DRIVEN
3qtr. rear view of this vintage racer.
qa1142
I NEED that exaust!

Add flame thrower kit and no one woule tailgate me again! laugh.gif
BEE DRIVEN
Another angle on rear view.
SGB
I already posted some of these, but it is a good excuse to pull 'em back up. Lessee if I've got a picture of your car! I guess I met you there? This first one is the attendees, waiting to go over to the non-conncours parking area. My car is the one closest to the camera (of course biggrin.gif )
BEE DRIVEN
OPEN-AIR VINTAGE RACER. If anyone has history infor on these porsches ,please add.
BEE DRIVEN
Scott thats great! Keep them coming. More on the overall vintage racers. I also have photos of the 914s parked in the non-concours area,but they look as if they should be judged.
BEE DRIVEN
I don't know the history on this one ,but the graphics are great!
SGB
can't find yours yet. was it in the concours? Here's one I really liked
SGB
914s in the concours display area.
BEE DRIVEN
Oh Scott, I did not take my car to the Parade. I went there to get as many photos of all Porsches as one could, in the three days I was there. I went there to relax,and enjoy.
BEE DRIVEN
Hey Scott, here is a similar shot focused on the faces of the concours judged 914s.
SGB
another purty one.
SGB
one more....
wicked!
BEE DRIVEN
More of the 914-6s being judged. This 914-6 was driven to the show from Michigan,and placed second to the blue 914-6 that was trailer in.
SirAndy
QUOTE (BEE DRIVEN @ Aug 30 2005, 07:07 PM)
I don't know the history on this one ,but the graphics are great!

if this is in fact the real deal, the green car is VIN# 914.043.0691 ...

1970 Porsche 914/6 GT

Description
"Genuine 914/6 GT. The Very first FIA Group 4 Car Built. Restored in 1998 to original factory specs. including fresh Magnesium case 906 engine Factory steel flares & 908 brakes. Updated with modern safety equipment (roll cage, fuel cell, fire suppression ) for Vintage Racing. eligible for all US and European Vintage events."

History
"An important piece of Porsche History and the only 914 with both European and U.S. racing success. Unrivaled, fully documented history including ADAC (9 victories in 12 events), FIA (1000km Nurburgring, 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, 6 Hours of Watkins Glen), IMSA and SCCA. This is the factory-supported Max Moritz team car driven by Gerhard Quist and Dietrich Krumm to the 1970 International GT Trophy. Driven in the U.S. for Ralph Meaney, Inc. by Steve Behr, John Buffum and Erwin Kremer winning Kremer the 1971 Porsche Cup. The car is pictured in numerous books including "Excellence was Expected" and was featured in the July, 1998 issue of Panorama magazine. The current owner has driven it at select Vintage events including the Monterey Historics(1998 and 2001), the Watkins Glen 50/50 and the 2001 Rennsport Reunion where it won "Best 914" honors."

Engine
Porsche 2.0L /6
twin plug Magnesium case 906 engine (type 901/36)
Zero hours on complete rebuild by Deman Motorsports (dyno time only)

Body
914/6 body w/factory installed wheel flares, and chassis stiffening kit.
painted original Conda Green to match original livery

Brakes: Factory installed 908 brakes
Wheels: front:7X15 Fuchs, rear: 9X15 Minilites

Interior
Koenig drivers seat w/5-point harness
original seat on passenger side
3 nozzle fire system
custom steel rollcage

sold for $135,000 ...
cool.gif Andy
BEE DRIVEN
Awesome rear quarters on the red wicked one .
BEE DRIVEN
WOW!! That's what I'm talking about. Thanks Andy for the history on the Green914-6 GT. I wished I had taken more photos on those vintage racers.
BEE DRIVEN
More on the concours 914s ,and this 914-6.
SGB
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Aug 30 2005, 10:07 PM)

Engine
Porsche 2.0L /6
twin plug Magnesium case 906 engine (type 901/36)
Zero hours on complete rebuild by Deman Motorsports (dyno time only)

Body
914/6 body w/factory installed wheel flares, and chassis stiffening kit.
painted original Conda Green to match original livery

Brakes: Factory installed 908 brakes
Wheels: front:7X15 Fuchs, rear: 9X15 Minilites

Interior
Koenig drivers seat w/5-point harness
original seat on passenger side
3 nozzle fire system
custom steel rollcage

I think I wet myself,,,,, ohmy.gif

When I saw that 914-6 GT I knew it was significant, but I was so overwhelmed with all of them at once....

I'm sure you have non-914 pics too.
SGB
C GTs look prettty good in yellow- I still think they are a bit too big, but this looked smaller than the GT-2 next to it.
BEE DRIVEN
WOW!! Great photo of the longtail. I took close to five hundred photos of all Porsches together. Maybe about eighty 914s. I went crazy on most of the vintage race porsches. I spent most of my time in the non-concours parking display of every model porsche. I have some awesome photos of the Yellow Carrera GT. I guess I'll post the 914s first,and than some of the others, but keep the photos coming it's good to see other photos of the show. beerchug.gif biggrin.gif
BEE DRIVEN
Ok Scott you talked me into showing two Carrera GT photos. I think there's alittle 914 in that side view. Look at the sail panel next to the side glass...914 all the way.
BEE DRIVEN
The engine area is always a crowd pleaser of the C GT.
pete-stevers
just a silly question.....why does the yellow and green car have a different rear wheel set on, both cars not just one....hmmmm idea.gif
nein14
Need pics of the ones at the wash & shine on the hill next to the 356's.
mikelsr
Great pictures! Thank you for sharing. It would have been fun being there but I wasn't. The next best thing is seeing pictures from people that were there.

smilie_pokal.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Aug 30 2005, 09:47 PM)
just a silly question.....why does the yellow and green car have a different rear wheel set on, both cars not just one....hmmmm idea.gif

because 9" x 15 Fuchs are damm near impossible to come by these days ...

confused24.gif Andy
URY914
QUOTE (pete-stevers @ Aug 30 2005, 08:47 PM)

Those cars ran Minilites way back in 1971 and 72. They're orginal to the look.
Mike D.
I bet that C GT handles great in the Alaska Winters.... laugh.gif
Dave_Darling
QUOTE (URY914 @ Aug 31 2005, 08:55 AM)
Those cars ran Minilites way back in 1971 and 72. They're orginal to the look.

agree.gif

The Max Moritz car (that's the green one) ran Fuchs up front and Minilites in the back for at least one race. The car was restored to the condition that it ran that (those) race(s) in. Which means it has mis-matched wheels.

I think Pano just did another article on this car in the last couple of months.

--DD
URY914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Aug 31 2005, 09:27 AM)
I think Pano just did another article on this car in the last couple of months.

--DD

The artical was in Excellance.

The pic below is out of my '72 Sebring program. The picture is from the '71 race.
ninepfourteen
The Max Moritz car belongs to Steve Limbert of Air Cooled Racing in Wellsville, PA. Until recently he also owned a Jennings 911.

The blue # 78 is owned and driven by Les Handley in FP in SCCA. Always makes the Runoffs.
type47
the yellow sunoco #5 is also a real Gt formerly (maybe presently) owned by gary wigglesworth from york PA. i saw the car often at summit point and at the hershey swap meets, have some pix of it on the track and at the swap meet, always a car of interest. something like a sebring winner or class winner but a real GT nonetheless.
serge914
This car is a factory-built GT and is famous for its 1971 Daytona run where it finished 1st in class and 7th overall

From Armando Serrano web site
link
I saw this car at Mt-Tremblant and it is georgious.
ABC914
QUOTE (SGB @ Aug 30 2005, 06:36 PM)
one more....
wicked!

That's my car! Hoo hoo! beer.gif

If Porsche had developed the 914 the way they developed the 911, that might be the result: 911 3.2 liter Carrera engine, 245 and 285 tires, 996 TT brakes and Boxster S 6-speed transmission.

As you might imagine, goes, stops and corners like a dream. And here's something you never hear from a 914 driver: shifts like a dream, too! rolleyes.gif

If you'd like to see the evolution of this car (1 owner), go to www.abc-digital-art.com and click on the little white dot on the left under "Mail". The slide show begins.

BEE DRIVEN
This 914 from San Antonio took 1st place in it's touring class. The owners Donna,and Bill Carder are also the original owners since day one of this beauty.
BEE DRIVEN
More of the 1973 914 from San Antonio.
BEE DRIVEN
SA front top tip view.
BEE DRIVEN
3qtr. front of SA 914
BEE DRIVEN
This green 914 looks like the same one that was part of the MWC 2005.
BEE DRIVEN
Great looking Lt.blue 914 in the concours area.
BEE DRIVEN
Interior of the Lt.blue 914....Hey if anyone out there sees their car posted,maybe you could send in and give us an idea what your experiences were at the Porsche Parade. I know alot of hard work went behind each car out there,and they all showed it.
BEE DRIVEN
Wheel of the Lt.blue 914.
BEE DRIVEN
The 914 that was reflected in the wheel.
BEE DRIVEN
More of the red 914 1.7
BEE DRIVEN
This beautiful late 914 took 1st. place in it's class,and is owned by Brad Shisler from Ohio. Brad is the original owner ,and drove his car to the Porsche Parade from Ohio.
BEE DRIVEN
Hey,if anyone has Hershey Porsche Parade photos please post them, lets make this the site to see the Porsche Parade.
djm914-6
Nice pics!

Just curious (read dreaming) how much does a nice car like these /4s and /6s cost? What's a real world figure on a concours or almost concours quality car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.