chunger
QUOTE (MikeP @ Sep 26 2005, 11:41 AM)
A ZF might actually be cheaper in the long run. Current tally on my 930:

$3k trans
$2k machining to flip the ring
$2.2k shipping, sliders, new synchros, gaskets, etc

It adds up fast. sad.gif

blink.gif headbang.gif screwy.gif

Jeez, I did not realize the price of LSD 930's had escalated so much in the last 3 years. Are you serious?

I picked my core up for $750 60,000 mile stock '87 930 with LSD good, running condition. I thought that that was the standard going rate. And then the machine work was $4K to reverse/electronic speedo/rebuild/refresh LSD/shorten case. But $7.2K? ouch! Did everyone decide to crash their 930's and now there's no more rebuiuldable gearboxes left?

-'Chung
Dr. Roger
QUOTE (Mueller @ Sep 27 2005, 04:47 PM)
QUOTE (Crazyhippy @ Sep 27 2005, 03:54 PM)
Woo Hoo... go me boldblue.gif  :clap:

that motor is in a 21' boat, it recently competed in the Catalina Ski Race (Longbeach to Catalina and back)62 miles of open ocean, and was the fastest boat under 22' at 1hr 3 min aktion035.gif  :headbanger:

The record is 53ish minutes (open ocean w/ a waterskier no less) screwy.gif  :screwy:

there are motors that make more HP... they dont last nearly as long though. This particular boat is scheduled to run the Parker 300 in october... 300 miles damn near flat out (over 100mph average speed is expected biggrin.gif ) w/ 2 mandatory fuel stops in there...

I still want a ride in yours beerchug.gif

call me chicken, but that is too much motor for a 21' foot boat....a stock 455 was enough in our 19' ski boat for me screwy.gif biggrin.gif

how many gallons of fuel does that puppy drink while planeing the water???

mike, yerz is close to being a flat bottom and anything offshore is usuall deep V. but u know that already. =-) 70MPH up at the Delta in a flat bottom is sometimes more thrilling than 100 in a deep V offshore. I love them both. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.