Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE INFAMOUS D & G ALL 914 SWAPMEET
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
skline
Dan, I sent you an email about that earlier today. Didnt you get it? I will give you a call on Saturday evening to let you know for sure. At this point, I am looking forward to getting them and installing them on my car.

smilie_pokal.gif
SLITS
Ok....here's the latest..................

1.) I will, to the best of my ability, open the gates @ 6:30 AM

2.) When entering, if your car is low, stay to the extreme left

3.) Swap stuff will be on the new tarmac to the left of the Maintenence Bldg (building on your left as you enter the gate...unless you are backing in)

4.) We will park all cars (not full of parts) in the open area straight ahead as you enter the gate (this will give my boys an opportunity to remove any parts I might need while you are distracted).

5.) Richard Simmons (aka Dave) will be directing traffic....do not run over his mirror.

6.) The 911SC will not be able to make it for cutting up....

7.) There is only one bathroom in the shop. There is a lock, but we do have 24 hour video. If requesting a copy, please note time of day for the subject you wish. There will be a nominal charge.

8.) I will not be responsible for "Z", Howie, Aaron, Matt, Brandon and anyone else.

9.) Ssssssssssssslits special coffee in the AM

10.) Ssssssssspits special bugers & tube steak towards Noon

11.) Ya want fat pills....bring 'em

12.) No Sierra Nevada Ale allowed...only "real" stouts and ales.

13.) Anyone showing up with Corona, Coors, Coors Light, Buttwiper, Buttwiper Lite, Miller, Miller lite will be thrown out. Pete's Wicked products are marginal

12.) There will be a special tent setup for "The Poetry Corner".

13.) If you need a chair....bring one, otherwise plant yer ass on the asphalt.

14.) As this is a 914non-club event, appropriate behavior is expected. unsure.gif

15.) Please remember to place your track fees in Glenn's Fish Bowl.

Remember to be respectful of those who do not drive as quality of car as we do (eg., Caymans, Shalons, 911s, 356s, 912s, etc.,). We do not want to bruise their fragile egos (however, psychatric help will be available for them onsite).

If Mikey crawls up your hood....smack him with a newspaper, shake your finger and yell "Bad Non-Member, Bad Non-Member". If Mikey crawls any place else...it's your call.

I am not responsible for assault of any female non-members.

See ya Sunday...............................................

Aaron Cox
ill be there around 10 biggrin.gif
bondo
QUOTE (SLITS @ Oct 20 2005, 11:55 AM)

1.) I will, to the best of my ability, open the gates @ 6:30 AM

Holy Crap! No way I'm getting there that early.. I'll be showing up around 8:00.

Is there enough swap space that I can just sell out of the back of the wagon and not have to unload everything?

Has anyone developed a Zois repellent? I'd like to get some to protect my wife. biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bondo @ Oct 20 2005, 12:20 PM)
Has anyone developed a Zois repellent? I'd like to get some to protect my wife. biggrin.gif

its called RAID
MattR
QUOTE (SLITS @ Oct 20 2005, 10:55 AM)
12.) There will be a special tent setup for "The Poetry Corner".

I'll be there with berkenstocks, a beret, and some cognac if anyone wants to join.
SLITS
QUOTE (bondo @ Oct 20 2005, 12:20 PM)
Holy Crap! No way I'm getting there that early.. I'll be showing up around 8:00.

Is there enough swap space that I can just sell out of the back of the wagon and not have to unload everything?

There is plenty of room......couple acres do for you?

Howard
QUOTE (SLITS @ Oct 20 2005, 02:39 PM)

Got Cones?
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Oct 20 2005, 02:45 PM)

Got Cones?

Do abandoned cars & busses count as cones?
bondo
QUOTE (SLITS @ Oct 20 2005, 02:47 PM)

Got Cones?

Sweet!

I hope I can pass tech.. is an M95 helmet good enough? happy11.gif driving.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (bondo @ Oct 20 2005, 02:53 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Oct 20 2005, 02:47 PM)

Got Cones?

Sweet!

I hope I can pass tech.. is an M95 helmet good enough? happy11.gif driving.gif

Helmets? What's that..................?

A Yorkshire cap and a white scarf are required though!
Howard
PICKLEHAUBE OK?
Brando
Make the non-914s park on the street! biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, no 911SC? DAMNIT! dry.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Howard @ Oct 20 2005, 08:02 PM)
PICKLEHAUBE OK?

Now I realize what Matt and Aaron wear when they're having "fun" together......wowzer....that'd sure give you a rise.

Naw, we can't make non teener owner non members park on the street....if they turned their back, the car would be stripped before they turned around.

AND

We have an Oxy/Ac torch, baseball bat and plenty of barf.gif Sierra Nevada Ale....how large did you want your flares?
Brando
I want my flares wide enough to fit 15x7s sad.gif

Man, more bad luck upon bad luck. I don't get to go into work early sunday because I gotta train a technician. Great dry.gif so I can't leave early.

I'm gonna miss the whole damn event! sad.gif
SLITS
If you get lost....my cell is (951) 751-3584 Glenn's cell is (951) 203-1418

You'll make it Brandon....if you don't know anything, how long would it take to train someone else? biggrin.gif
Allan
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 21 2005, 11:10 PM)
I gotta train a technician.

C'mon, how long can that take?

"Let the kids in through this gate. Make sure all the safety bars are down and locked. Push this green button. Wait 3 minutes then push this red one. When the ride stops, let the kids off". biggrin.gif
xitspd
Slits, is there any pickle relish on the menu? Thanking you in advance for your kind consideration.
Brando
chairfall.gif Ron... Alan... lol2.gif

I wish it were that simple...

Maybe I can just let him roam freely in pre-press ops and be like "If something you don't understands comes up, call my cell." Then leave and turn my cell phone off biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Oct 22 2005, 10:45 AM)
chairfall.gif Ron... Alan... lol2.gif

I wish it were that simple...

Maybe I can just let him roam freely in pre-press ops and be like "If something you don't understands comes up, call my cell." Then leave and turn my cell phone off biggrin.gif

2 words: SICK DAY
Crazyhippy
QUOTE (Howard @ Oct 20 2005, 07:02 PM)
PICKLEHAUBE OK?

Unicorn Style?? blink.gif unsure.gif sheeplove.gif

BJH
Allan
Gotta turn the page...
Aaron Cox
see ya tomorra fella's
xitspd
ohmy.gif Pickle relish? Nanai Kore..................
MattR
Stop making fun of me or I wont hang out with you guys anymore :wuss:

biggrin.gif

See you rejects tomorrow.
skline
I just got home from working at the port, I will be there when I get up. Not sure what time that will be but hopefully before 10. See you guys then.

Insert sleepy smiley here
Allan
See everybody in a couple hours...
Zeke
Anyone besides me have trouble finding this place? I drove around for ....(I'm not gonna tell you how long as I feel kinda stupid about it) looking for Kansas. The thing is, I have been there before, but I couldn't find it today.

I found Minnesota and Iowa. I found La Candena East. I circled and circled and saw a few others making the same u-turns. I hope they weren't following me.

Anyway, never found the place, so I drove 150 miles for nada. Hope it was a good one for those that made it.
a914luvr
damn. Sorry to hear that Milt. I did get several comments today that the place was hard to find. We even hung a sign at Precision Motion in case anyone went by the place where we used to have the swap meet. The fact that the 91/60/215 freeway interchange is undergoing a complete reconstruction and Kansas Ave is closed at one end didn't help matters. We got a really good turn out though. I was really hoping you could make it and take a look at my Flintstone 914-6. I'd like to thank everyone who did attend. Donations set a new all-time D&G record. A few people brought donuts and there were several vendors. I saw quite alot of parts change hands. The sawz-all party fizzled out big time though. Bondo cut off a piece that he needed and that was it! Anyway, again, thank you all for the donations and a special thanks goes out to SLITS for providing the venue. He worked harder than I did to make this happen so I'd like to rename the event the R&G swap meet and hereby request it be called that from now on!!
skline
I agree, Slut's was quite the host today, I for one want to thank him for all he did. Good job on everyones part. I look forward to the next one.

smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
xitspd
QUOTE (xitspd @ Oct 22 2005, 09:04 PM)
ohmy.gif Pickle relish? Nanai Kore..................

biggrin.gif Yes, the pickle relish was outstanding!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.