Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: THE INFAMOUS D & G ALL 914 SWAPMEET
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Events Forum
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
SLITS
Well it's time for the second installment of the D&G All 914 Rusty Parts Swap Meet and Animal Flesh Roasting Festival. Yes, we will be doing our part to prevent "Global Warming" due to Bovine Flatulence (however, we can do nothing about "Z" and Howie).

So, on Sunday, Oct 23, drag all the rusty crap you haven't been able to sell to 914nonclub.com members and see if some unlucky sucker sucker will take it off your hands. Starting at 8:00 AM the festival will go on till at least Noon (at which time we get really tired of watching "Z" try to grope anybody who gets near and we all go home. For those rusty parts that still don't sell, we may have a roll-off to dispose of them (steel only...as if 914s were made of real steel laugh.gif ).

The proposed address is the back lot of The Recycler Core Company @ 2727 Kansas Ave, Riverside, CA., 92507.

There will be no "Show and Shine", no prizes and best of all, all pinky lifters will be tied to the electric gate for a session of "show and tell (us about yer innards). Live entertainment scheduled:

1.) Slits cooking and not spitting in your burgers or hot dawgs
2.) Watching Lisa iron the wrinkles from her birthday suit
3.) Watching Toast trying to convince the crowd she is a toowench while fending off "Z's" booby traps
4.) SKlines crying fit when the Shalom doesn't run
5.) Personal interviews with the criminals proscuted in "The Case of The Missing Prototype.
6.) Brando's Mutli Color Car
7.) Tech Session with A-aron Admin & Britt..."Why a future M.E. cannot adequately understand mechanical issues on 914s"
8.) Elliot Cannon's..."I can Fly without Wings" demonstration
9.) Clayton's "Understanding the Mexican Criminal System".

I'm sure we will schedule more.

Well, that's about it, except the G of D&G requests a $5.00 donation to help pay for cleanup of the fuchin mess you people make. And I'm charging $10 per person to open the gate for anybody under 60.

Mark your calendar, mark your underwear (which reminds me, can an admin stick this).

C-ya there!!!!

Directions upon request, however my response time is usually 2 - 3 weeks.
Aaron Cox
laugh.gif ill be there.... oh BTW - low cars cant make it over the gate rail......
bondo
I'll be there, with parts! I'll post a list later. Feel free to make requests, as I can't bring everything. (taking the wagon instead of the van)
Sammy
I gots lots O'treasures to sell, but I'll be in a tail dragger so no scrap metal.

Hopefully the lot will be swept prior to the meet to keep the dust down wink.gif
Brando
The multi-colored car display will have to take a raincheck... I work sundays now sad2.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (Sammy @ Sep 27 2005, 10:02 AM)
I gots lots O'treasures to sell, but I'll be in a tail dragger so no scrap metal.

Hopefully the lot will be swept prior to the meet to keep the dust down wink.gif

It's asphalt bucko.....you know that shit you drive your pinky lifter car on.... rolleyes.gif ....the one that can BARELY beat a stock teener......
SLITS
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 27 2005, 08:54 AM)
laugh.gif ill be there.... oh BTW - low cars cant make it over the gate rail......

If you enter at the end where the gate controller is you will clear....it's lower....City of Riverside design by a Civil Engineer so that the street drains onto the property finger.gif
phantom914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 27 2005, 07:54 AM)

Wait unti the gate fully opens and go in towards the left (go out towrds the right, duh). Ask me how I know. dry.gif

Andrew
Brando
Cars near stock ride height should clear the railing without ailment.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Brando @ Sep 27 2005, 01:31 PM)

What? i cant hear you all the way up there.... laugh.gif
bernbomb914
I plan on making it this year

Bernie
Brando
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 27 2005, 02:09 PM)
QUOTE (Brando @ Sep 27 2005, 01:31 PM)

What? i cant hear you all the way up there.... laugh.gif

I need more tissues... I keep getting nosebleeds!
Mueller
anyone from Nor-Cal want to caravan on down there? MDB2.gif
Gint
Damn! Can't do it this year. Can't even do the fly-in bomb. I'm on call that weekend. You guys have fun and get your shots before you go.

You really want this pinned? Lemme know...
Kargeek
I'll be there.

I'll put the battery charger on the car now...I am loosing my shop due to land development so, it's time to dig out my parts stash and get rid of some stuff.
MattR
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 27 2005, 07:49 AM)
7.) Tech Session with A-aron Admin & Britt..."Why a future M.E. cannot adequately understand mechanical issues on 914s"

Britt is in unclefuck KY. Matt is in socal.

I guess those pills arent working smoke.gif
TINCAN914
HOLLY CRAP...
I need some crap, who has some crap to sell? I'm in... aktion035.gif
jim_hoyland
I'm in.
Grimstead
driving.gif It's a long drive from Corona but I'll be there as well
Brando
Y'all better hang around After 4:30 PM... Thassa when I get offa duh clawk.
skline
Ok, Ron, just to prove that you speak out of your A$$, I will be there in the Chalon. Not sure if it will clear the gate but I will try it. So, count me in. flipa.gif
Allan
I'm gonna give it a shot. I'll schedule Monday off because I know that as soon as things are looking good on the ride it'll require AAA. headbang.gif
Brando
Don't worry -- if you get stranded in Riverside, at least there'll be plenty of spare parts to fix what ails the teener smile.gif
Twystd1
I'm gunna go with Skyline to help lift his Chalon over the driveway.... Ya know he is old and needs help on this kinda stuff.

Oh... By the way... Did you know he likes mexican...... Errrr Uhhhhh... Whatever..

Twystd1

PS: Slits I saw a picture of you riding in an old car with Henry Ford... Did you know him?

Picture was taken around 1918. At least thats what Aaron said... rolleyes.gif

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
ROFL....
Mugs914
Geez, I aint been to a D&Gs in five years... Didja miss me??

Gotta try to make it this time. I've got five years of crap to foist off on someone...
SLITS
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Sep 28 2005, 10:41 PM)
PS: Slits I saw a picture of you riding in an old car with Henry Ford... Did you know him?

Picture was taken around 1918. At least thats what Aaron said... rolleyes.gif

Twystd1

Henry and I were good buddies. We were working on the GT40 design back in ought 8 as after ingesting some Mexican Mushroom Soup in Xtaca, I had a vision.

Later I had the runs and the project was dropped.
Twystd1
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif

Do you have anymore shrooms????????????

Twystd1
redshift
I need ten pounds of gold, and an SC suspension, with an ARB! FIND IT OR I WILL DELETE THE THREAD.

biggrin.gif

I like this evil thing!

M
Elliot_Cannon
I'll be there if I can get back from my trip on time. The last time I was at a D&G there was a huge brush fire and all the cars were covered with ash. I hope we don't have the same thing this year. I'm ready to buy more stuff I don't need.
Cheers, Elliot
sean_v8_914
bvmjcg icon_bump.gif
SLITS
Directions as promised:

The property is located basically at the intersection of the 60 Frwy and the 215/91 Frwys in Riverside. Due to the construction of a new mixmaster to handle the traffic to Moron Valley....you have to kinda work the off ramps..

If you are coming from the Republican, Anglo , upper middle class neighborhood where Howie lives (Westlake Villiage and all points North and East somewhat)....find your way to the 60 Frwy eastbound.....For those of you that will use the 210 or 10...go south on the 15 to the 60. As you approach Riverside and before the 91/215 intersection, get off at Main Street and turn right. Go to the first signal (Spruce) and turn left. Go 3 stop signs, cross the RR tracks and you will see a small sign "Kansas Ave". Due to the construction, Kansas is closed at the RR and you need to go around a building to get to it. Make a right at the sign...make a right at the stop sign....make a left at the next stop sign.....immediately to your right is the front gate of The Recycler Core Company...it will be closed...continue until you see an opening in the fence...that's the back gate....and that's where you want to be.....Remember. if your car is low to cross the gate track on the far left. If you are under 60 have $10 ready.

From Vegas.....down the 215...past the 10.....to the 60 Westbound....get off on Main street (1st exit real close). At top of ramp (stop sign) turn left....go to second stop sign (Spruce) and turn left....the rest of the directions are above. $10 at the gate if under 60 and if you drive a car named "Elvira"..$100 at the gate.

From San Diego....come up the 15 and take the 215 North split around Temecula...215 all the way to where it joins the 60 in Moron Valley....down the hill in the 60/215 past UCR....to the Blaine/3rd Street Off ramp...GET OFF....turn left at the signal (3rd) and go to 3rd light (Kansas)....turn right....cross a set of RR tracks and look immediately to left for open gate....$5.00 at the gate, as Anchor Clankers & Jar Heads are poor and I support our troops.

From the OC and Corona (no BFs allowed)...come up the 91....get off (the freeway) at University Ave....stay on off ramp in middle lane (parallel freeway) past University and Mission Inn to 3rd street...turn right....continue to 1st signal (Kansas) and turn left......across RR and look left for open gate.....$10 at the gate for bona fide John Birch Members......$20 for Shalom drivers.....$50 for retiring UPS pilots, $50 Euro for Deutcshers, Free if your intitals are JS or /L.

Happy travels..........

Allan
It's in the part of town that when you start to get scared, yer really close... wink.gif
skline
I heard it was $1000.00 if your initials were RM. Since there are no Shalom drivers coming and my initials are JS (Just Scott) I guess I will come on out. Unless of course, this was an attempt to discourage me from coming? dry.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Sep 30 2005, 09:03 AM)
I heard it was $1000.00 if your initials were RM. Since there are no Shalom drivers coming and my initials are JS (Just Scott) I guess I will come on out. Unless of course, this was an attempt to discourage me from coming? dry.gif

No Scott.....I just wanted you to breathe hard...................... lol2.gif

Gawd...I guess I've lost the humor touch on this board! blink.gif
skline
Was that Hummer or humor? From what I hear from Aaron, ou do a great hummer. laugh.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (skline @ Sep 30 2005, 09:10 AM)
Was that Hummer or humor? From what I hear from Aaron, ou do a great hummer. laugh.gif

Dream on plastic boy......dream on................

That would be H3......current explanation of 69
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (SLITS @ Sep 30 2005, 09:15 AM)
QUOTE (skline @ Sep 30 2005, 09:10 AM)
Was that Hummer or humor? From what I hear from Aaron, ou do a great hummer.  :lol:

Dream on plastic boy......dream on................

That would be H3......current explanation of 69

Hey MR shalom...shut it!

and ron is sooo short, he didnt even have to get on his knees....

to get under the car to do a valve adjust that is.....
Toast
I have no reply to add.
Lou W
Did you send an invite to the auto shop teacher from New York, he was here for the last one, I think everyone called him Richard Simmons? biggrin.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Lou W @ Sep 30 2005, 12:31 PM)
Did you send an invite to the auto shop teacher from New York, he was here for the last one, I think everyone called him Richard Simmons? biggrin.gif

NOOOOOOOO spank.gif slap.gif alfred.gif

that guy was tweakin!
Allan
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Sep 30 2005, 12:33 PM)
Did you send an invite to the auto shop teacher from New York, he was here for the last one, I think everyone called him Richard Simmons?  :D

NOOOOOOOO spank.gif slap.gif alfred.gif

that guy was tweakin!

agree.gif Freaky dude...
Twystd1
Dont' make fun of my dad... he can't help that he looks like Mr.Simmons...

And yes he does sweat to the oldy's..!!

twystd1
SLITS
Yeh....Richard was the typical 911 owner/mechanic

I am so short.......at least I save money on knee pads unlike GB A-admin & his buddies. I save more 'cause I don't have to purchase butt lube either like they do. And I've got great news.........I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to Hymenco.
Twystd1
So Slits,

Being short and all... And not having the need to EVER buy knee pads.....

And being of the "lube less" variety kind of guy that you are.........

Can I come up early and help you prep the burgers and other goodies?

And yes.... I bring my own synth lube.... I use it on everything.... Like Aaron...

If so... what time you want me up there?

Twystd1
bondo
Speaking of odd fellows at the D&G, who is that asian guy that is always there and tries to talk you down on $5 parts that you could sell on ebay for $20? I argued over price with him the first couple times, after that I just raised my prices. smile.gif
skline
QUOTE (bondo @ Sep 30 2005, 01:18 PM)
Speaking of odd fellows at the D&G, who is that asian guy that is always there and tries to talk you down on $5 parts that you could sell on ebay for $20? I argued over price with him the first couple times, after that I just raised my prices. smile.gif

I dont remember his name, Joe Buckle would, he is the guy that bought Joe's old car and V8 kit.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (skline @ Sep 30 2005, 02:22 PM)
QUOTE (bondo @ Sep 30 2005, 01:18 PM)

I dont remember his name, Joe Buckle would, he is the guy that bought Joe's old car and V8 kit.

the guy with the cane and the corvette?

shoot... cant place a name to the face....
SLITS
QUOTE (Twystd1 @ Sep 30 2005, 01:15 PM)
So Slits,

Being short and all... And not having the need to EVER buy knee pads.....

And being of the "lube less" variety kind of guy that you are.........

Can I come up early and help you prep the burgers and other goodies?

And yes.... I bring my own synth lube.... I use it on everything.... Like Aaron...

If so... what time you want me up there?

Twystd1

oooooooohhh Claytonian The First wub.gif Anytime...just put your lips together and........
Toast

OMG! ROTFL lol2.gif I totaly forgot about Richard Simmons.

What a hoot. screwy.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.