Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runoffs Photo Diary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Thorshammer
More Spray.

Erik
Thorshammer
Just like a couple of old guys, lose their stream early!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Erik
Thorshammer
And don't forget to drink to the victory, er ah second place out of 51 cars.

Erik

Jake Raby
Eric,
Great pics...

While you guys were spraying champagne we were all walking back to the paddock saying "Damn, did that just happen"......
Dave_Darling
Chris, I know you mentioned the hit from behind as a "racing incident"--would you care to elaborate? Did someone simply misjudge a braking point, or did you have to check-up for on-track action, or .... ?

"No, just racing action" (AKA "shut up Dave") is also a perfectly acceptable answer. smile.gif

--DD
maf914
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 6 2005, 09:49 AM)
Chris, I know you mentioned the hit from behind as a "racing incident"--would you care to elaborate? Did someone simply misjudge a braking point, or did you have to check-up for on-track action, or .... ?

"No, just racing action" (AKA "shut up Dave") is also a perfectly acceptable answer. smile.gif

--DD

Was it a bump draft incident? idea.gif

I watched some of the NASCAR race from Talledega last Sunday. Bump drafting and reinforced bump-draft-bumpers were the big topics. laugh.gif
Verruckt
Awesome pics guys! Thanks for sharing.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Oct 6 2005, 01:49 PM)

--DD

Going into the second turn after the start of the race I could tell things were bottling up in front of me and I held back just a little. At least one driver behind me wasn't aware of the situation and came in a little too hot. His front bumper was just a little lower than the 914 trunk floor. The contact wasn't enough to loosen me up and I thought it wasn't that big a deal until I smelled the rubber and could see a cloud of smoke coming from the right rear tire. Judging by the damage he hit me harder than I thought or felt at the time.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.