Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Runoffs Photo Diary
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisFoley
Pounding stakes for the tent early Sunday.
ChrisFoley
The tents are ready for raising.
ChrisFoley
The first pole is placed.
ChrisFoley
Moving right along
ChrisFoley
Caption this photo.

"How many old 914 drivers does it take to put up a tent?"
ChrisFoley
The tents are up before lunch.
ChrisFoley
Erik's mom likes the tent. It's nice and shady!
ChrisFoley
Working hard on Erik's car. The Kodiak wheels that were loaned to him required longer wheel studs. All the old ones were removed by Dmitry while Erick made phone calls. No one local had any 100mm studs so they were overnighted to the track from PP.
ChrisFoley
Chris' battery gets a charge after every session.
ChrisFoley
2 race cars under the tent, being readied for action.
ChrisFoley
smilie_pokal.gif
ChrisFoley
Erik's car is up on my portable alignment platform.
My trailer can be raised up on adjustable legs and leveled. Once set up I can do toe, camber and corner balance on 914s, anywhere I take my car.
We both used this twice during the event, the second time after spinning across a curb in Thursday qualifying at fairly high speed. Erik had a slightly bent trailing arm causing 2 degrees of negative camber on the left rear, and I had an inch of toe in up front due to a bent steering arm.
ChrisFoley
Its a good thing we had a lot of time because there was a lot of work to be done.
Here Erik makes a ride height adjustment at the left rear corner of his car.
ChrisFoley
Kevin and his crew working on the carbs.
ChrisFoley
Chris does a valve adjustment with help from Len Hoffman.
Now Chris understands the special procedure involved in accurately measuring the lash with a long duration camshaft.
ChrisFoley
Chris adjusts the idle mixtures while Mark Peebles watches the guages.
ChrisFoley
Tom spent a lot of time working on throttle cable issues.
ChrisFoley
Cathy and Dorothy relax. Dorothy's big job each day was to make sure Erik and his crew get lunch.
ChrisFoley
Tom talks things over with Kevin and crew.
ChrisFoley
Jake has a chat with Erik.
ChrisFoley
Thats it for now. I'll post the rest later.
groot
THANKS, CHRIS!!!

I hauled my camera and video camera to the track and never removed them from the bag.....
william harris
Thanks for the great pictures Chris. smilie_pokal.gif Please post more later. clap.gif
seanery
Thanks for the pics Chris!
i love porsche
awesome pictures!!! i cant wait for more!
firstknight13
smilie_pokal.gif great pics chris smilie_pokal.gif
Joseph Mills
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Oct 5 2005, 07:42 AM)
Chris does a valve adjustment with help from Len Hoffman.
Now Chris understands the special procedure involved in accurately measuring the lash with a long duration camshaft.

Chris,

Thanks for the pics. That tent is a nice setup!

When you have a chance, do you have any tips for valve adjust with long duration cams? rolleyes.gif

ChrisFoley
Here's a pic of my car during Thursday qualifying.
Notice the damage on the car.
ChrisFoley
And me looking at the damage for the first time. sad.gif mad.gif

ChrisFoley
A better look at the front end back in the paddock.
ChrisFoley
Using the best tools we had available we set out to repair my car. This shows a tie down strap being used as a come-along between the nose of the race car and the hitch ball on my truck. Someone had to sit in the car with their foot on the brake.
ChrisFoley
Mark Peebles works on the door.
I'm sure glad you came up from Florida to watch. smile.gif
ChrisFoley
It was too big a job for one man.
Here, Pete and Mark work on the door.
Notice the specialty bodyworking tools - ball pein hammer and a piece of 2x4.
ChrisFoley
Erik did his share by pounding out the quarter panel.
I was at a protest hearing or some such thing and the door and quarter panel were already done when I returned. clap.gif
ChrisFoley
We had to pull the nose from 2 different directions at once. The ratchet strap pulling forward from the truck and Tom's ATV pulling to the left. Erik gives it a few good yanks while Pete supervises. laugh.gif
ChrisFoley
Chris vs. ATV with the fender in the middle.
ChrisFoley
By Saturday mid-day the repairs were close enough for a photo session with all the cars.
ChrisFoley
Another angle.
ChrisFoley
This one is from Pete's camera.
ChrisFoley
This is the car we all wanted to see up close.
ChrisFoley
Erik's car Sunday morning after it was released from impound.
ChrisFoley
Another look at the Second Place EP finisher.
Congratulations to Erik Madsen for winning the Hard Charger Award.
His drive from 19th to 2nd was awesome.
ChrisFoley
My car - warming up tires before the race.
ChrisFoley
biggrin.gif
ChrisFoley
My race didn't last long. On the first lap I got tagged from behind. This pic shows me placing a screw eye so I can pull the corner out enough so the tire won't rub and I can drive onto my trailer.
You can just see someone in a driver's suit there talking to me. That's the guy who hit me. He came over as soon as the race was over to apologize.
ChrisFoley
Nobody took pictures Saturday night during the party/celebration. Also during Sunday breakfast no pictures. This is from Sunday lunch. Craig roasted a nice big piece of beef and Cathy prepared steak and cheese sandwiches.
ChrisFoley
The tents were taken down just as it began to rain lightly.
Thanks Ed and Cathy for staying to the end, removing iron stakes from the ground. That was the hardest part of the entire tent project.
maf914
Chris,

Thanks for the photos. It's great seeing the cars and drivers. Sorry about your weekend. You guys did an amazing job repairing the qulifying damage.

I can't wait until Speed TV broadcasts the taped races.
Thorshammer
I have some podium photos, I hope they are not too big.

Erik Madsen
Thorshammer
For a couple of previous podium finishers, these guys have obviously never sprayed champagne before. Rookies.

You have to put your thumb over the end to get good pressure and last for a long time.

Erik
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.