Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Of al the 911 brakes which were the best?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
soloracer
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Nov 30 2005, 12:43 PM)
Why not 944 turbo calipers?

Those rock...

4 piston, bit pads...

cheap as dirt (250 in the classifieds right now...

Remember that there were two different calipers on the 944 Turbos. The Turbo S had the larger 928 calipers. I believe these are the same as on the early 90's 911's. I bought these for my 914 and think they should do just fine. One thing to consider is that they don't just bolt up to an earlier strut as the spacing is different. It looks like I will have to fill one of the holes on the caliper and redrill them to get the proper spacing. Either that or modify the strut.
soloracer
QUOTE (TimT @ Dec 3 2005, 07:08 PM)
VCI makes an adapter where you can use radial mount calipers on 3in or 3.5in mounts

This would be so that you can use Monoblocks with older cars? How much are the adapters? I know in the past the price of the adapters were prohibitive.
924GTS
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Dec 3 2005, 07:32 PM)
Someone just has to source spacers as the BMW ones were WAY cheaper than the Carrera ones. But piston wise the BMW one and the Carrera are the same size, equals same force.

I don't know if it has been discussed here before or not, but BMW did make vented calipers for the front of the 320i. I have a set in my garage.
BIGKAT_83
I've added wilwood forged billet superlites to my 914. I'm using the 86 carrera rotors now but plan to also go to the larger 1.25" wilwood rotors later.
These are almost a bolt on to the 3.5 struts. A picture of the caliber and one with a 16" wheel checking for clearence.

user posted image
user posted image

Bob biggrin.gif
Downunderman
Thanks. That's helpful. I am planning to use forged billet Superlites 120-8465 on the front with existing 3.2 Carrera rotors, and same 120-7432 on the back with SC rotors. When I have the rear suspension out shortly I will weld on some new mounts on the back of the hub carrier to take the calipers. New rules starting in 2008 mean I might have to revert to something near original, so I will leave the old mount there for the moment. Will these fit under 15" rims?? I'm doing this to save a bit of weight more than anything.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.