Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An assignment for all of you.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
grasshopper
ummm....so did we ever figure out any real details about these two (three) cars?? I have been doing a lot of research on these cars the last couple days, and I would really like to know about these two. They had to have been ordered as a pair.... has anyone sent a letter to PCNA?? ask the factory if they have any documented info on these cars?? chowtime.gif
jasons
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 5 2006, 08:51 PM) *

ummm....so did we ever figure out any real details about these two (three) cars?? I have been doing a lot of research on these cars the last couple days, and I would really like to know about these two. They had to have been ordered as a pair.... has anyone sent a letter to PCNA?? ask the factory if they have any documented info on these cars?? chowtime.gif

Nothing new that I know of. I am seriously considering painting my car this color when I am ready to do so.

icon_bump.gif
rick 918-S
I've been busy with other things lately. The car rests inside my garage. The wife wants me to scrap it. I told her to mind her own business. She didn't like that too much, but I am building a car for her now so she is letting sleeping dogs lay for now. If I'm going to fix this one, I need to locate a donor close to me that is free or next to it. So any MN or WI guys that are getting rid of a donor keep this poor soul in mind.

Jason, I posted the code in this thread. If you decide to paint the car Raspberry, that would be cool! If you don't it's your car. I'm still getting some paint to shoot a test panel. I'll send you and DaveP a test panel.
rick 918-S
Update:

I just ordered a pint from my local DuPont store, They are mixing it now. $ 26.00 a pint! Ouch!

BTW: They list it as Strawberry not Raspberry. It was noted earlier that the German translation for the color is Strawberry. We'll see....
Eric_Shea
Jason... please do. Too special of a color to paint over. Rick I hope you can save it. smilie_pokal.gif
grasshopper
hey rick, if you decide to quit on the car, I will make you an offer you cant resist. Same with you jason. I would DIE to have BOTH of these cars in my garage.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Jun 6 2006, 08:44 AM) *

Jason... please do. Too special of a color to paint over. Rick I hope you can save it. smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif
rick 918-S
Just picked up the paint. It's a match. I'll try to shoot some test panels this weekend.
grasshopper
well..you got a pic of the paint??
rick 918-S
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 6 2006, 07:37 PM) *

well..you got a pic of the paint??

Patiences Grasshopper... happy11.gif
bd1308
Rick, that kid is freaky...

our plan is working...the one we discussed at the greek place. I have some testing subjects happy11.gif

b
rick 918-S

Rick, that kid is freaky...

our plan is working...the one we discussed at the greek place. I have some testing subjects happy11.gif

b

aktion035.gif wavey.gif Let me know if I can help! bye1.gif
grasshopper
WTF.gif I dont appreciate being part of a science project! Just let me have the P*ssy Pink car and everything will end happily chair.gif
bd1308
QUOTE(grasshopper @ Jun 7 2006, 09:18 AM) *

WTF.gif I dont appreciate being part of a science project! Just let me have the P*ssy Pink car and everything will end happily chair.gif

its not a science project...its a leap into the future friend smile.gif

b
grasshopper
do I get to drive a delorean?? driving.gif
scotty b
Rick just a werd of advise when it comes to Nason paint......RUN! That stuff isn't bad to shoot but if you have to repaiar it it is complete crap!! The paint supplier I deal with has actually stopped selling it because they had so many complaints. I shot 2 cars with it and doubt I will do a 3rd.I assume if you paid 25.00 for a pint you got the Centari anyway confused24.gif
rick 918-S

Rick just a werd of advise when it comes to Nason paint......RUN! That stuff isn't bad to shoot but if you have to repaiar it it is complete crap!! The paint supplier I deal with has actually stopped selling it because they had so many complaints. I shot 2 cars with it and doubt I will do a 3rd.I assume if you paid 25.00 for a pint you got the Centari anyway confused24.gif

Yes, Centari. I've painted about 30 cars with Nason. I've painted about 10,000 cars with Centari... I owned a collision/resto shop. I started painting cars when I was 13. (about 35 yrs ago.) We had Lucite laquer, Duluxe Synth enamel and Centari... You get what you pay for if your lucky.
lylegd
QUOTE(davep @ Dec 7 2005, 06:50 PM) *

Thanks Jason, just wanted to confirm.

In my paint chip brochure for 1973 there is an optional paint for the 911 called 'raspberry' and it looks like an excellent candidate. Not listed for 72 or 74. Can't find a code for it though.

Ah, maybe not so fast. In my paint & upholstery book it has color 024 / 4510 as rose red/fraise, however fraise translates as strawberry

http://www.paintscratch.com
choose Porsche 1973

aubergine is 025 / 4010
guards red or India red is 027 / 2510
sepia brown is 415 / 5410

these are all 1973 colors.
by 1977 there is
magenta or fucsia = 009 / H2V9 in the new code system.
however PPG says magenta was available from 73 to 77

The Porsche Paint number for Rasberry is 024, the Ditzler Paint number equivilent is 72002. The paint catalog says it was used on Porsche 911s from 1972 to 1975.
I should know, I have a 1975 914 painted Rasberry. Lyle D.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(lylegd @ Feb 11 2007, 06:32 PM) *

In my paint chip brochure for 1973 there is an optional paint for the 911 called 'raspberry' and it looks like an excellent candidate. Not listed for 72 or 74. Can't find a code for it though.

Ah, maybe not so fast. In my paint & upholstery book it has color 024 / 4510 as rose red/fraise, however fraise translates as strawberry

choose Porsche 1973

aubergine is 025 / 4010

by 1977 there is

The Porsche Paint number for Rasberry is 024, the Ditzler Paint number equivilent is 72002. The paint catalog says it was used on Porsche 911s from 1972 to 1975.

Lyle! Is it the factory color for your car or did you color change it to Raspberry?

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 11 2007, 06:47 PM) *

QUOTE(lylegd @ Feb 11 2007, 06:32 PM) *

choose Porsche 1973

aubergine is 025 / 4010

by 1977 there is

Lyle! Is it the factory color for your car or did you color change it to Raspberry?

icon_bump.gif PM sent to Lyle
davep
Lyle has emailed me, and it was originally silver. He is on the road.
rick 918-S
QUOTE(davep @ Feb 19 2007, 12:22 PM) *

Thanks Dave! I hope to shoot those samples soon.
mrgreenjeans
QUOTE(rick 918-S @ Feb 19 2007, 07:06 PM) *

QUOTE(davep @ Feb 19 2007, 12:22 PM) *

For what its worth, Mopar came out with Panther Pink in the early 70's to paint a few Cudas, A bodies, and even a few Fury's got it. Looked pretty cool actually on a macho muscle car.
If you know about these, is it a shade of color like that ?

I only ever saw one in real life that was a show car, and the guy still has it in Fargo. The owner of a body shop called Quality Auto...Ken Schwanke. If you want his number I will send it to you.

Not many made, uber rare in the American collector realm. Also know where a wrecked Dart A-body is in a salvage yard, that is now pretty faded to nothing.
Eric_Shea

Anxiously waiting wink.gif
sirnose
I was on a job in Tiawan back in '98 with a guy from the Los Angeles area - don't remember his name (Matt maybe) but he was a scene painter for movies etc if it jogs anybody else's memory. Anyway, we talked cars and he told me about his family's collection of 914s.

He told me he had one that had A/C and that it was originally pink from the factory. The story he was told when they got it was that it was a gift from Hugh Hefner to Barbie Benton when she became Playmate of the Year. Don't remember anymore about it than that but would guess that would help establish year.

P**** Pink for the color name may be more accurate than anybody knew.
bd1308
I know of two that came from TN
SirAndy
davep
agree.gif and I'm still waiting for samples. biggrin.gif
jasons
For shits n' grins.... Here are a few Raspberry 911 pics I have collected. And, one 914GT I photoshopped.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
rick 918-S
Sorry, I have been busy and when I haven't, I forgot about it. I'll put this back on the burner... smile.gif
keske968
Think the car may have been an aftermarket paint job in tribute of the famous 917 pink pig? Just a thought
SirAndy
QUOTE(keske968 @ Apr 28 2008, 10:45 AM) *

Think the car may have been an aftermarket paint job in tribute of the famous 917 pink pig? Just a thought

the pink pig is not even pink. more a very light shade of salmon.
shades.gif Andy
rick 918-S
The mystery of the pink cars has a new clue! My friend that owns the 280SL that I'm repairing found this video link!

HOLY CRAP!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muRuHA-MREs
KELTY360

popcorn[1].gif
rsrguy3
I just caught up with this thread. And I gotta say, I'm liking it. I'm stoked, cause I now have a name for that pink color, as I've always loved it. It should make it easier to build a car for the wife now, as she's a pink freak.
I get the whole color search thing, as I spent forever looking for that very light, extremely vibrant blue. It was a bitch finding that code, and now that I have a gallon of it, I'm still not sure I've got it right, I've been told it's either mexico, or rivierra blue..... so ya, I totally get the frustration, as well as the drive to get it right. Carry on!
cgnj
Maybe Carl Sagan rode in it!

http://nicksagan.blogs.com/nick_sagan_onli...006/12/dad.html

rick 918-S
For those who stumble onto this thread sometime in the future I now have Jasons Raspberry car. I still plan on repairing the car in the post. I have a Celette now which will make repairing the front clip easy. So eventually these will be twin sisters.
spare time toys
so whats with the other one in the photo with the new project?
EdwardBlume
Sign me up for the MN work weekend! beer.gif
ConeDodger
QUOTE(RobW @ Jul 15 2010, 06:16 AM) *

Sign me up for the MN work weekend! beer.gif

Best to go in the early fall Rob. NorCal peeps need scuba equipment to breath in Minnesota during the summer months. Just too humid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.