Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: An assignment for all of you.....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
rick 918-S
I'm sure your all aware of the rumors. Yes I did make a 1664 mile trip to pick up a car that is equal in condition to any Minnesota rust bucket I could find right here at home.

Well, here's the story. I gave Britt such a bad time when he bought this car I felt I owed him at least a cup of coffee for being such a good sport about it.

The assignment:

I'm thinking about repairing this car. (believe it or not) It is a strange color of pink. Fushia, hot pink, something like that.

I would like everyone to search the corners of the internet, old mags, porsche ads, and whatever else you can think of. This car may have been ordered for someone's 16 year old daughter, Playboy Magazine, Mary Kay, or maybe it was just a mistake. But It would be interesting to learn about the origin of the car.

It may never be repaired, but it will be interesting to see what we can turn up on this car.

I'm going to send for the build info..... what do you call it... and where do you send your money....?

This should be interesting.

I'll post more photo's later.
rick 918-S
The Hottie..
rick 918-S
The mother ship
Allan
Where's the front?
jet1
Wow! where is the front end? Is there a thread with pics of the rest of the car? Oh, and good luck.
Mueller
is it really pink or just faded red?

Bruce Allert
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 5 2005, 12:34 PM)
I'm sure your all aware of the rumors. Yes I did make a 1664 mile trip to pick up a car that is equal in condition to any Minnesota rust buck I could find right here at home. screwy.gif

........but why? poke.gif

.....b
Aaron Cox
huh.gif

COA - cert of authenticity.... dont know where joo send the money.

doesnt look pink....
whats the color code on it?

and why cut the front off of it... there are easier ways to make it fit ona trailer av-943.gif
SLITS
It's Kentucky Red.............front end is gone 'cause the Revenuers took it....moonshine tank was in the front for weight balance ya know........
rick 918-S
Paint code is 98. Only denotes special order color. doesn't give a name of the color or the paint code.

The front went to a worthy cause.

Adjust your screen and look at the bulk head in front of the gas tank. It's not faded is hot pink or fushia.... wacko.gif

I did it cuss I'm a Crazzzzy... screwy.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 5 2005, 12:34 PM)
I feel better now, and I think Britt does too. For any of you guy's that feel compelled to pick on him for the questions he asked, you need to meet him. He's a very smart young man. I think yopu'll all be impressed when he makes his little press announcement. ph34r.gif

Iffin yer gonna get all touchy feely about it we'll have to start in on you................ happy11.gif
Flat VW
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 5 2005, 11:34 AM)

Well, here's the story. I gave Britt such a bad time when he bought this car I felt I owed him at least a cup of coffe for being such a good sport about it.

He's a very smart young man.

He seems to be quite kind, too.

John wavey.gif
Aaron Cox
hijacked.gif i got the same tow vehicle..... did yours get the "brake problem" yet?
shelby/914
The PCA.org site has an address where to send your $ for the COA. I think it went up to 100 of them just for that little piece of paper.
McMark
Three cheers for custom color cars. biggrin.gif That looks like an interesting one. Quite the project as well.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 5 2005, 11:45 AM)
huh.gif

COA - cert of authenticity.... dont know where joo send the money.

doesnt look pink....
whats the color code on it?

and why cut the front off of it... there are easier ways to make it fit ona trailer av-943.gif

lol2.gif lol2.gif
nomore9one4
My former Employer had a 68' mustang fastback that where find was pink when we stripped it for a resto. After all the research it turned out it was a custom color for the playmate of the year! drooley.gif Looks like a great/fun project! clap.gif
rick 918-S
<!-- QuoteBegin SLITS+Dec 5 2005, 11:59 AM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 5 2005, 11:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> <!-- QuoteBegin rick 918-S+Dec 5 2005, 12:34 PM --></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 5 2005, 12:34 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!-- QuoteEBegin --> I feel better now, and I think Britt does too. For any of you guy's that feel compelled to pick on him for the questions he asked, you need to meet him. He's a very smart young man. I think yopu'll all be impressed when he makes his little press announcement. <!-- emo&:ph34r: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
Iffin yer gonna get all touchy feely about it we'll have to start in on you................ <!-- emo&:evilgrin: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> <!-- QuoteEnd --></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!-- QuoteEEnd -->
<!-- emo&:shades: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> Don't make me tell everyone what you did for the young man.. It will ruin your reputation. <!-- emo&:evilgrin: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo --> You are the Man! <!-- emo&:headbanger: -->IPB Image<!-- endemo -->
rick 918-S
QUOTE (McMark @ Dec 5 2005, 12:21 PM)
Three cheers for custom color cars. biggrin.gif That looks like an interesting one. Quite the project as well.

When we figure out what it is you'll have to add it to your Web site! wavey.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Dec 5 2005, 12:00 PM)
hijacked.gif i got the same tow vehicle..... did yours get the "brake problem" yet?

Yes, The dealer fixed it no problems yet. The worse is the rear end spyder shaft broke, failed, at about 10,000 miles! The dealer took care of it but it took a month and not even so much as a sorry letter... mad.gif Just about cost me a trip to the WCC "05"
rick 918-S
Ok, this assignment is going no place. But We're havin one hell of a time! Back on topic people. laugh.gif
Dr. Roger
so what's the VIN? biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
wacko.gif Ooops, idea.gif It's a six digit vin..... Oh wait that's another car... laugh.gif

It's 4732905940
TJB/914
Hi Rick,

Look at that paint code on the door jam again. Could it be 98 in lieu of 78??

Paint code 98 was the special paint code for color to match. Look down the postings about (20) down and read "what color is it". It explains the special paint to match. Best to check this out before you spend $100 bucks.

Tom
r_towle
Rick,

I would be happy to donate you the front half of another car...just gotta take another road trip...I could come towards you and we could meet somewhere...

Rich
JeffBowlsby
Here is where to obtain a COA: http://www.pca.org/members/library/Cert_of...Authen_Form.pdf

rick 918-S
QUOTE (r_towle @ Dec 5 2005, 01:17 PM)
Rick,

I would be happy to donate you the front half of another car...just gotta take another road trip...I could come towards you and we could meet somewhere...

Rich

idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif cool_shades.gif wavey.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Thomas J Bliznik @ Dec 5 2005, 01:01 PM)
Hi Rick,

Look at that paint code on the door jam again. Could it be 98 in lieu of 78??

Paint code 98 was the special paint code for color to match. Look down the postings about (20) down and read "what color is it". It explains the special paint to match. Best to check this out before you spend $100 bucks.

Tom

ok I'll look but the car is still on the trailer and I can't open the door yet. (hits the fender on the trailer.)
Flat VW
Rick,

Rich

Is it pink, too?

John w00t.gif
rick 918-S
Here's the link to the other thread about the code 98. I'm probably wrong about the 78 thing.... wacko.gif

Anyone have an archive of old photo's showing Pink 914's?

We've all seen the pink pig... How about Mary Kay, or others?
r_towle
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Dec 5 2005, 05:12 PM)
Rick,

Rich

Is it pink, too?

John w00t.gif

with a simple trip to my local hardware store and 3.99,,,yes I could match the paint....

I might just do that...
ws91420
Was checking and found out that Playmate of the year 73 got a pink Volvo 1800 so 72 could have gotten a 73 car but havent been able to find out what.
scotty b
For those that missed the original thread, Britt posted some pics of the car and the tags and it was unofficialy agreed on, that this could, possibly, maybe has all the signs of a one time only color. I'll leave itr at that and not comment on what happend to the front clip and the V.I.N. no's on the fender well dry.gif
SLITS
QUOTE (ws91420 @ Dec 5 2005, 03:59 PM)
Was checking and found out that Playmate of the year 73 got a pink Volvo 1800 so 72 could have gotten a 73 car but havent been able to find out what.

Lincoln Mercury De Tomaso Pantera......Liv Luvland.......pink too!

B ig Boob Cars
rick 918-S
The front clip looks very nice. I've seen it. I have the car now. Britt was generous and gave me a deal on the car. Maybe I can fix the car. (I know I can fix it) I hope to find out what dealership the car was delivered to. Maybe I'll find some old salesman that will remember a Fushia 914. That would be interesting.
scotty b
Original post. Pics are NLA,was an ebay auction. Hope you get it done Rick smilie_pokal.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...f=2&t=24874&hl=
SLITS
I'll wager he puts a fuzzy angora interior in it................
rick 918-S
Ya, I wasn't very nice. I did appoligize to Britt for my comments. They were rude and insensitive. Now that I have the car. I would like to see if we, as the collective could find any info, old photos, or any history on the car. It will never be worth anything. But it's a great mystery! ph34r.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 5 2005, 03:52 PM)
I'll wager he puts a fuzzy angora interior in it................

Actually, I have a set of perfect black seats. But I'm not sure there's a floor in the car yet. It's still on the trailer.
scotty b
Fuschia paint with a Mexican blanket interior would be SLAMMIN B! Dingleberries running along the windshield, hopping down Ventura blastin the La cucaracha horn laugh.gif
scotty b
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Dec 5 2005, 01:17 PM)
Here is where to obtain a COA: http://www.pca.org/members/library/Cert_of...Authen_Form.pdf

I couldn't get that to open, may just be my pooter though, but just in case it isn't here is a link to the 356 regristry with an Adobe copy to print out. It also explains what is on it, how much $$ where to send etc. Also has a good explanation for those not in the know as to what you get.

http://www.356registry.org/Tech/kardex.html
SLITS
QUOTE (scotty b @ Dec 5 2005, 05:05 PM)
Fuschia paint with a Mexican blanket interior would be SLAMMIN B! Dingleberries running along the windshield, hopping down Ventura blastin the La cucaracha horn  :lol:

Ahh, you're on the wrong side of town for that.....interior, dingle balls and horns would be East LA homey...

Paint would be Watts (or Hollywierd) bro (sweety)...................
SirAndy
QUOTE (rick 918-S @ Dec 5 2005, 04:57 PM)
Now that I have the car. I would like to see if we, as the collective could find any info, old photos, or any history on the car.

way to go! i'm glad you "saved" the car. it'll be great to restore that one ...

smilie_pokal.gif Andy

PS: i'll se if i can dig up some info ...
scotty b
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 5 2005, 04:14 PM)
Fuschia paint with a Mexican blanket interior would be SLAMMIN B! Dingleberries running along the windshield, hopping down Ventura blastin the La cucaracha horn  :lol:

Ahh, you're on the wrong side of town for that.....interior, dingle balls and horns would be East LA homey...

blink.gif So where in all this does Corona lie?? On it's stomach??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif My knowledge of Cali is based on T.V. and my ex-girlfrind. She lived in Huntington which apparently is heaven confused24.gif O.C. is full of rich, drug induced slutty mothers and slutty daughters,East L.A. is full of "migrant werkers" unsure.gif and San Fran is sissy town. How's that fur a suthern boy?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scotty b @ Dec 5 2005, 05:21 PM)
blink.gif So where in all this does Corona lie?? On it's stomach??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif Z-I-N-G chairfall.gif
bd1308
Heh. It was real fun. Pleasure to meet rick. He's someone good to talk to if you think you have something but you think it won't work. Rick, I enjoyed you coming down and taking to me....It was a pleasure meeting you and I am glad you were able to come down. Something is in the works, but i'll keep it like that till I get things together.

Anyway, what I know from the pink car is not much. Someone from around Eastern KY brought this pink 914 into a church to donate. The church took the car to Premiere Autosales and that's where I come in. I had a wreck and the cheapest local car for sale was $800...I went online and ohmy.gif a car for $200....

I offered 400 and won. Road trip with my dad's Land Rover Discovery and we got the car...

funny thing...Rick and I were getting ready to go, and he said that he saw a giant razor blade in somebody's front yard....The only reply I could come up with was "only in KY" Did you get that picture rick?

b
SLITS
QUOTE (scotty b @ Dec 5 2005, 05:21 PM)
QUOTE (SLITS @ Dec 5 2005, 04:14 PM)

blink.gif So where in all this does Corona lie?? On it's stomach??? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif My knowledge of Cali is based on T.V. and my ex-girlfrind. She lived in Huntington which apparently is heaven confused24.gif O.C. is full of rich, drug induced slutty mothers and slutty daughters,East L.A. is full of "migrant werkers" unsure.gif and San Fran is sissy town. How's that fur a suthern boy?

Huntington.....well it's near the sea or near the mountains...I would assume the mountains...it is the "rich, white folk or used to be...famous for the Huntington Library (dull)...near Arcadia (po' folk) & Pasadena (well, they dance with roses)....believe there is a horse rack track there so you can smell the horseshit...that combined with the taco grease from Arcadia and the parfumies of the Rose Bowl...well anyway, we don't have crackers.........
SirAndy
some possible colormatches ...

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

and probably your best bet, '74 911 RSR:

IPB Image
jasons
My project roller is a code 98 and it looks pink to me. I mean it was repainted but where it wasn't cut in, it looks pink. I always thought it was some faded red color but now you have me wondering if it used to be pink...... I will try to get some pics in the morning.
sixnotfour
Rick got the car,Britt got the front , everyone got what they needed, beerchug.gif
Rick I hope you put er back together. welder.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.