Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's see your engine pics!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
dekman
WOW.....I'm drooley.gif Here's my 3.0L/46 Webers/E cam/cosworth pistons going in. mueba.gif
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Supertec @ Sep 20 2006, 11:53 AM) *

This is my first post on this forum but I saw a number of my engines posted here and thought I would add a few more.
To all of you who speak so highly of Supertec, thanks for the kind words.

Hi Henry and welcome.png
GS Guy
Wannabe - but pretty cool. happy11.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(GS Guy @ Sep 21 2006, 08:10 AM) *

Wannabe - but pretty cool. happy11.gif

Why does it look like you have an ac compressor clutch on the front of your motor to drive the fan?
GS Guy
Hehehe - not my motor.
Not sure about the crank pulley - it does sort of look like an AC compressor clutch but I think it's just the harmonic damper. That's a pushrod motor BTW....

It's pretty neat, but I think with all the $$$ that was spent building this particular motor in this configuration - you could have just done up a Porsche 6....

Jeff
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(GS Guy @ Sep 22 2006, 06:53 AM) *

Hehehe - not my motor.
Not sure about the crank pulley - it does sort of look like an AC compressor clutch but I think it's just the harmonic damper. That's a pushrod motor BTW....

It's pretty neat, but I think with all the $$$ that was spent building this particular motor in this configuration - you could have just done up a Porsche 6....

Jeff

I was thinking that they put the clutch on there to make the engine warm up faster. Hook a temp switch to a relay, and the fan is off until the temp gets to a certain level.

The only problems with that is that it turns the alternator off, and the default is to turn the fan off if the power fails.

Just me reading too much into it.

East coaster
OK......I'll play. '92 3.6 with intake flipped.

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.