Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Let's see your engine pics!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
joea9146
OK I want to Play

joea9146
One More :
maxwelj
Look left... I know, bone stock, not very interesting, but all mine! mueba.gif
maf914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 29 2005, 08:53 PM)
Mallory Unilite distributor. 12/28 grey/grey advance curve
Mallory Hyfire 6A capacitive discharge ignition
Mallory Promaster E-Coil high output CDI type coil

Minor hijack. hijacked.gif

Aaron, Where did you locate your Hyfire box and coil? I'm trying to decide where I want to place these same pieces. Engine firewall, rear trunk.....??? idea.gif
TJB/914
Just my 2.0 liter engine with my new Bowlsby wiring harness. mueba.gif

Tom
dion9146
pic of my 2.0 in the previous car. I've since upgraded the chassis to something new and just completed the rebuild of the engine.

Dion
iamchappy
Induction, forced of course.
carr914
Eddie, I like that slide-valve. Where do you find a system like that?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (maf914 @ Dec 30 2005, 07:23 AM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 29 2005, 08:53 PM)
Mallory Unilite distributor. 12/28 grey/grey advance curve
Mallory Hyfire 6A capacitive discharge ignition
Mallory Promaster E-Coil high output CDI type coil

Minor hijack. hijacked.gif

Aaron, Where did you locate your Hyfire box and coil? I'm trying to decide where I want to place these same pieces. Engine firewall, rear trunk.....??? idea.gif

coil and box are mounted to the firewall
Downunderman
Mine.
Britain Smith
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 29 2005, 10:19 PM)
britain -

topleft of your pic. what is the VDO oil pressure sender looking thing? Manifold pressure (boost?)

Aaron...that is actually the fuel pressure sender. The line snake up the bottom of the car and into the engine bay before the suspension cross-member.

user posted image

Here is my custom fuel level/fuel pressure guage that I had NH speedo make for me...no oil tank for me.

user posted image

-Britain
J P Stein
Sure is a pretty car, Brit.....clean, too....does it run? laugh.gif
Have you decided what a workable temperature in your garage would be? If ya need 60 deg, I'll call back in April biggrin.gif
Britain Smith
That is kinda funny JP, I actually bought a heater for the garage yesterday. I is nice and toasty now...time to get to work.

Did you get the tranny back together.

-Britain
J P Stein
QUOTE (Britain Smith @ Dec 30 2005, 04:42 PM)

Did you get the tranny back together.

-Britain

Nopers, taint even apart. I'm waiting on the diff....still.
Our local trans guru is going to be on his own (retired) soon & working out of his shop....if the rumors are true.
Allan
Leaky 2.7. Installed

Eddie Williams
user posted imageuser posted image
TimT
Hi Tim,

How many hours do you get out of a 800HP motor?

laugh.gif

800HP...I wonder what that feels like.....

We tear that engine down a few times a year.. surprisingly there is very little apparent wear. We do have issues with valve guides though. But thats a minor problem, we punch out the guides and replace them in house...

oh and 800hp feels pretty nice

beer.gif
Allan
QUOTE (TimT @ Dec 30 2005, 06:56 PM)
oh and 800hp feels pretty nice

beer.gif

Bitch!!! biggrin.gif
East coaster
Sorry, mine is on a low carb diet..........Carrera stock injection with a flipped intake and K&N. Now I just have to finish the car so it has a good home!
Allan
QUOTE (East coaster @ Dec 30 2005, 07:07 PM)
Sorry, mine is on a low carb diet..........Carrera stock injection with a flipped intake and K&N. Now I just have to finish the car so it has a good home!

Put it in a Ghia...
East coaster
And with a big expensive chunk of aluminum hung off the back..........
ChicagoPete
On it's way into a 914/6 GT replica...waiting on the distributor and plug wires...2.66L, twin plug, Mahle 92mm RSR pistons and cylinders, 66mm crank, 911R tall intakes, 46IDA Webers...
Allan
QUOTE (ChicagoPete @ Dec 30 2005, 07:13 PM)
twin plug

Where did you get the distributor????
ChicagoPete
Henry Schmidt at Supertec Performance is building them with a 12 plug Marelli Jag cap...there is a guy near him who developed a rotor off an original Marelli rotor to work with the Jag cap...really slick and cost effective! Here is a picture of the first one I bought...was supposed to be for a 7R case...that was until we pulled the head studs that had previously been time certed...now the motor is built on an early cast aluminum case and needs a different length shaft on the distributor...
http://www.supertecperformance.com/
seanery
Henry is a good guy. I saw some awesome cars in his shop about 6 years ago. He and I made a wheel trade about two years ago, real straight shooter.
ein 6er
not mine ...... i saw this in a local 356 resto shop.

nice work jake!! clap.gif
goose2
they're pretty on the inside too:
goose2
2.4 just removed to make way for the 3.0
Series9
3.6:

racerbvd
Well, it has been a long time in the making, but the twin plug 3.0 for my 914-6 GT clone is finished!!! The tranny is next (I'm still searching for a LSD) and I need to hunt out all the other bits that that go with it. Stratton Motorsports will be adding the factory flares & painting it next month, taking the 914-6 dash to be powder coated next week, the 930 front susp has already been coated (still need 930 backing plates) and need to get the Konig seats recovered. user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image user posted image
user posted image
TravisNeff
Hey Byron,

Is that engine bar an early -4 tailshift engine mount bar converted for the 911 engine?
Maltese Falcon
since we've been lured to the dark side of forced induction , this is the 3.2 horiz fan engine before going into the black car. Distributor is by Aasco (Randall Aase) which uses a basic 930 ccr housing , and an OE Bosch 12 plug cap.
Marty
Maltese Falcon
Aasco 12 plug and friends wink.gif
Happy new year !
Marty
Kargeek
So many nice looking sixes..I wish I had one. My 2.0 with carbs.

Happy New Year!

DH
John
Byron (racerbvd),

Whose headers do you have in the pics you posted?
nine14cats
Your 2.0 with carbs looks awesome. 4 or 6 it doesn't matter. It's all good for the 914! smilie_pokal.gif

Bill P.
Supertec
This is my first post on this forum but I saw a number of my engines posted here and thought I would add a few more.
To all of you who speak so highly of Supertec, thanks for the kind words.
SGB
this thread is NSFW! I'm squirming in my chair...
MJHanna
missed this thread the first time.
brant
Nice first post Henry!

don't know if everyone here realizes it or not...
but we have just been visited by greatness!

(crap.. that reminds me that I need to order those headspacer rings from you... I'll call on payday)

brant
TimT
I dont know if I posted to this thread yet. The top one is a 3.8 turbo, ITBs, 12 injectors. The bottom one is a Supercup engine we made into a twin turbo

burnout.gif

Edited: I posted the pics earlier in the thread headbang.gif
type47
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Dec 29 2005, 01:22 PM) *

How about something a bit different.
I like to slip this every once in a while laugh.gif

AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH, my eyes, my eyes!!!!!! (in best Phoebe from Friends voice!)

WOW!
J P Stein
Nice to see you here, Henry. You'll like it here, we're a bunch of fungi. biggrin.gif
iamchappy
Henry, you are an artist.
ClayPerrine
Mine before installation....

Click to view attachment

I left the stacks off to make it easier to stab....
Series9
Liz's:

Series9
Mike's:

Series9
Liz's and Mike's:

SGB
Click to view attachmentlike it was mine...
well, she has classic beauty.

shocked[1].gif 4 cam
turboman808
Wish I had a picture of it out of the car.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.