Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: COLORADO TRACK DAY
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
brant
I can pick people up at the airport.
provide transportation and even lodging...

the ride along won't be as simple since that is not commonly practiced by our local region...

so bribe one of the colorado guys to let you use their passenger seat and become a driver instead of a rider!

brant
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (alpha434 @ Mar 13 2006, 10:48 PM)

So how would the So Cal contingent get their CARS here?!?! wink.gif

it's about the people, not the cars. wink.gif

i may have an extra car lined up for the event......... idea.gif
TINCAN914
Sounds like a blast..
Maybe the house will be sold and we will be moved out there by then.. I doubt it, but stranger things have happened... biggrin.gif

Edit: yeeehhaaa!!! Post 1,000, what do I win? boldblue.gif
TurtleGirl
OK.... So I'd like to come up... but I don't think I'll be running my car. I don't think we'll be ready by then. (You never know, but I don't want to push it!)

The thing is, I am turning 30 on the 19th of May, and I'm looking for an excuse to celebrate it out of town... I love Denver, and it's not hard to convince me to go.

Soooo..... for those of us not planning to run, are we going to have anything besides the track scheduled? I want to come watch (and maybe ride along... hint hint) but I don't want to pressure myself to have the car ready for tech by the 10th of May.

It'd be good to meet some of the people I missed at the RRC!

brant
Regarding Tech on the 10th.
We can definitely get you teched at the track.
the good news is that for people out of state or out of town they waive the tech fee...
(the only risk is that if you fail tech you have no time to make repairs.... but since you have an excellent mechanic I wouldn't think you would have any problems)

Ride alongs are kinda tough..
were runnning with local PCA and they don't really allow many ride alongs.

not that we wouldn't love to have more people... I just think I would be misreprenting the event if people got the idea that they could do ride alongs. Its not a common part of their rule structure for liability reasons...

come as a driver... have Joe bring his car and convince him to let you co-drive for your birthday!

on second thought... bring your own car! I want to see that beauty!

brant
michael_oberg
QUOTE (Gint @ Jan 8 2006, 08:58 PM)
I have my own welder boys, I just need time.  And a few spare hands.  I'll plan for a nice weekend in March.

Gint,
If you still need a set of helper hands, I'd be happy to offer mine. I do not own a 914 yet (hopefully by winter), so my porsche experience is limited, but I am close to you and would love to meet you, and drooley.gif over your beautiful restoration.

- Michael
Gint
Love to have you Michael. Never met a Mike I didn't like. Well there was that one guy...

I've got a nice little low budget driver for sale.

Are you on our Colorado-914 email list? If you are and I forgot, please forgive me. I'm getting senile like Z. Click on the link in Colorado-914 logo my signature. We're getting together next Saturday for a Raby engine build DVD viewing.
T H O M A S
somebody needs a car delivered from SOCAL to COLORADO laugh.gif
Ferg
Not me. I'm still looking... cool_shades.gif

Ferg
TROJANMAN
At $130 for a 2 day event, This is a BARGAIN! smile.gif
brant
Joe,

I've got something to temp you with...
I called an old friend about Lajunta.
I think he is coming now.

you've met his dad, Jim in N.M.
Jim visited you to view the RS

Father and son (Jim and James) just finished a 3.6 monster conversion in YELLOW on an original VIN chassis.

So now there should be 3 yellow 3.6 cars at Lajunta!
you have to come and bring Liz and Turtle Girl please.

Here is a picture of James car when he did some shake down tests after the restoration:
majkos
aktion035.gif KOOL Hauler! smoke.gif cool_shades.gif
jhadler
The old ambulances and coffin haulers are excellent tow vehicles. I know someone else who used to haul around a TVR griffin with one. Think about it. Old Cadilac chassis, ladder frame, live rear axle (easy to replace differentials), and big block GM power. That's right, BIG block. You could tow a HOUSE with those things...

Comfy, and cheap to buy as well...

-Josh2
TROJANMAN
if only half the 914's brant spammed show up, this is going to be a HUGE event. smile.gif
brant
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 23 2006, 12:19 PM)
if only half the 914's brant spammed show up, this is going to be a HUGE event. smile.gif

I hope so....

I realize we may only get 15 teeners out there... but how cool would it be if we got 45?

people will be sorry if they miss this!

brant
majkos
QUOTE (brant @ Mar 23 2006, 11:48 AM)
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 23 2006, 12:19 PM)
if only half the 914's brant spammed show up, this is going to be a HUGE event.  :)

I hope so....

I realize we may only get 15 teeners out there... but how cool would it be if we got 45?

people will be sorry if they miss this!

brant

agree.gif That would be way kool! aktion035.gif
We'll show the rest of the "porsche" people poke.gif
how to have fun! rocking nana.gif drunk.gif mueba.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif clap56.gif
brant
Kevin,
Are you 100% coming now?

gosh I hope so...
It wouldn't be right to not have you there, but I've been worrie this whole time that your work might interfere...

you have to come Kevin!

majkos
I'm commited,Got a sponsor!(Greg),so can't miss this event
Trying to build a 2.0'have original 1.7 in for now,and plans to have for back-up.

Trying to figure out how to have a camper AND car trailer.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (majkos @ Mar 23 2006, 02:35 PM)

Trying to figure out how to have a camper AND car trailer.

me too. dry.gif
Brew
Where we campin at?

I'm going to drag down my truck and camper, I'll have a buddy drive the Teener, and hope I dont break anything!
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Brew @ Mar 23 2006, 08:49 PM)
Where we campin at?

I'm going to drag down my truck and camper, I'll have a buddy drive the Teener, and hope I dont break anything!

i was thinking of the same plan. i think Brant said he might be able to drive my teener out. If that's the case, i could sleep 2 additional people in my trailer, comfortably.

Brant, do they allow overnight parking at the track?

This located right in the middle of Brant's childhood home and the Track: State Park
brant
you could tow to John Martin (possibly the largest body of water in the state)......

but yeah.. they will let you just stay at the track.
Thats where most people camp.

Gary from New Mexico is going to tow his camper (with his 914 mind you!) and camp right at the track.

during vintage events a dozen guys camp right at the track.

It really cuts down on the drinking and driving issues... since it promotes drinking and walking!

brant
BMartin914
So who all is planning on camping?

If I go, I will probably need to camp.

Kev - I've got dibs on Mom's helmet! smile.gif

And Brant - I believe that Blue Mesa is the largest body of water in the state. wink.gif
Brew
I'm in for camping! aktion035.gif

I dont think I'm going to have H2O facilities in my trailer by then, so I'd prefer staying close to.......

Are there going to be extra helmets, or am I going to have to buy one?
majkos
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Mar 24 2006, 11:59 AM)
So who all is planning on camping?

If I go, I will probably need to camp.

Kev - I've got dibs on Mom's helmet! smile.gif

And Brant - I believe that Blue Mesa is the largest body of water in the state. wink.gif

I'm 'camping' one way or another
Ben,I figured you call it, and it's a NEW one!
So Kool looking I bought it for her! aktion035.gif

I really love spending "Quailty" time,at the track, with my mom, she can REALLY drive! driving-girl.gif
TROJANMAN
we are going to make a wagon circle with all of the campers and throw the tents in the middle. smile.gif
brant
Kevin, have mom come with you and co-drive the green machine? Also, if you camp at the track they do have running water in the toilets. No showers, but sinks and toilets at least!

John,
I'm keeping a list of helmet needs.
what size do you need.
so far I have 1 extra lined up as a loaner, but need at least a couple more... Are you a large or a medium?

brant
majkos
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Mar 24 2006, 03:50 PM)
we are going to make a wagon circle with all of the campers and throw the tents in the middle. smile.gif

'an sit around a fire,holding hands ,sining "Kuum-by-ya!!" chatsmiley.gif
majkos
QUOTE (brant @ Mar 24 2006, 03:51 PM)
Kevin, have mom come with you and co-drive the green machine? Also, if you camp at the track they do have running water in the toilets. No showers, but sinks and toilets at least!

John,
I'm keeping a list of helmet needs.
what size do you need.
so far I have 1 extra lined up as a loaner, but need at least a couple more... Are you a large or a medium?

brant

No way!! blink.gif

She's SCARED of the 'Lil Green machine confused24.gif

Bad enough she drive's a Rice burner!Righ Ben? poke.gif
A 300 Z Turbo (2 in fact)

Would be kinda tough to shift a whole different pattern!
BMartin914
QUOTE (majkos @ Mar 24 2006, 04:48 PM)
QUOTE (brant @ Mar 24 2006, 03:51 PM)
Kevin, have mom come with you and co-drive the green machine?  
brant

No way!! blink.gif

She's SCARED of the 'Lil Green machine confused24.gif

She hates that car. I like when she tells the story about the time she *had* to drive it.

Come on Kev, we all know that old Nissan / Datsuns are the best.

Brant just loves them. He could hardly contain himself when I mentioned them to him. wink.gif
Brew
Brant,

Large! biggrin.gif

I wear a 7 1/2 or 5/8, ish. Lemme know if I need to come up with my own.
brant
John,

if you inclined or know of anyone that has one you can borrow that will help.

I'm not kicking you out in the cold.
but the reality is that I've got 3 people needing to borrow a size large so far, and 0 confirmed loaners in size large

(although I have one possible loaner size L that I'm working on... but that won't help 3 people)

so if you can come up with 1 (or 2 or 3) thats great... but if it means your skipping the event I will find something!

Greg did find some great sales on legal helmets as low as 100$
so if you know your going to keep doing this and feel like being a big spender, it is nicer to have your own helmet without someone elses sweat in it. Nothing quite as much of a weird feeling as sliding on a wet, sweaty helmet that is someone elses sweat.

let me know either way please

brant
majkos
errr..... nice "picture" ,Brant wink.gif

$100 is a great deal!

Who and where?
TROJANMAN
it's a pyrotect open face SA rated
the M was cheaper.
i'll look for the link later today.
kev, i need a passenger side S tube, if you got one?
majkos
FINALLY smilie_pokal.gif Found my HE stash clap56.gif

Got 'em,though kinda hard to remember which pieces goes where.
I've headers, and havin't dealt with theses for years!
Brew
Greg,

I know you're busy keeping your car on jackstands, but...how bout that link? biggrin.gif
brant
John....

greg is going to get you a PM

brant
brant
Hey...
this topic is way to quiet..
anyone heard updates from Joe, Lauren, or Turtle girl?
(I sure hope they come!)

also...
does anybody think they can beat this: ?

fun motivating thread
jhadler
Woo Hoo! Looks like Kamikaze at Second Creek! Man, I miss that track....

-Josh2
brant
QUOTE(jhadler @ Mar 29 2006, 02:01 PM)

-Josh2

Yep kamikaze....

but there is a special little something about that picture... A certain copper colored 914 went off backwards and made those nice tracks in the grass....
BMartin914
That wouldn't have been...

Nah....

Couldn't have been...

Greg?!?!?!?!

biggrin.gif
brant
Hmmm...
BMartin914
chairfall.gif chairfall.gif chairfall.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
brant
Registration is monday everyone!
TROJANMAN
If you are in Colorado and/or plan on being at the track event on May 20th,
and you would like discount on a Bell or Pyrotect helmet or product from HERE
please PM me with the products you would like to order.
brant
Greg,

you gonna place the order today?

I'm starting to sweat...
lets get the order in soon if possible.
I want try and use that helmet on april 20th for the vintage school...

brant

brant
Update,

I just found out that we will be granted the privelidge of having a home made turbo 1.8/4 in attendance at this event.

I think this is a home made turbo that has had very little exposure

will be interesting to see!

brant
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(brant @ Mar 29 2006, 01:20 PM) *

QUOTE(jhadler @ Mar 29 2006, 02:01 PM)

-Josh2

Yep kamikaze....

but there is a special little something about that picture... A certain copper colored 914 went off backwards and made those nice tracks in the grass....

I wasn't even in the car when that happened. But brant was idea.gif
brant
Hey everyone.
just wanted to shout out a reminder that Pre-teching your car is absolutely necessary for the event.

You can pay 20 bucks to do it at the track, but I'd strongly advise against that.
it would Not be any fun to drive all the way out there and then fail the tech and not get to drive (been there done that)

Instead...
go the Free pre-tech on 5/10
that way if something is found substandard you will have time to fix it and still attend the event.

There will be sessions held in different locations
(couple in denver, one in boulder, one in the springs)

print out, or at least look at the sheet and go ahead and check every thing yourself.
guaranteed they are going to ask you the date of the last brake fluid change, and they are going to look at the thickness of brake pad material you have left.

I recommend going down the entire list and fixing or changing everything that is in question.
then when you go to the pre-tech you will pass with flying colors and they will sign off on the car.

so here is the link to the website with all the maps.. all the times and addressess.. and the printable tech sheets:

http://www.crossroadsmotorsport.com/LaJunta2006/pretech.html

or: HERE

this is practically the last step.
get to wrenching so we can all be on the track!
brant
jhadler
Okay, time is getting tight, and I'm running behind (ratsifrakin fuel lines!). So as of now, I'm "questionable". I'll be pushin' to make it, but I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, and it's getting louder as it's getting closer... And I think I hear a loud horn blowing....... ohmy.gif

-Josh2
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.