Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mrdezyne's Suby convert thread....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
neo914-6
What sup Curt? rolleyes.gif
mrdezyne
Whats up Curt indeed.... well for starters, i DO still have this project believe it or not. and it is still in about the same condition it was in the last photos posted.

What is it now, 2011 almost 2012? So since the last post in 2007 I've... gotten married, moved, had my first kiddo, bought anothter BMW project, became BMWCCA VP for this region, started a Cars and Coffee style meet in Tulsa, swithced jobs, almost finished the BMW project, bought a Zuki Samuai 4x4 project crawler, gave up the BMWCCA VP spot, developed a color guage display used in the new McClaren MP4-12C GT3 race car, moved the 914 from dads shop to storage, and now starting the floor plan for a new house WITH shop so I can get crackilackin back on the 914. So really, I've just been procrasterbating...

Last month we went on our second anual fall drive for Caffeine and Gasoline ( for you facebookers http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Caffi...sa/369311772902 ) and with all the exotics zipping around me I started thinking how fun it would be to have the 914 out here in the middle of it all to see how it stacked up with the subie motor. How frustrating would that be for a Lambo owner to have this irritating little 39 year old 914 right on his azz the whole trip? hehehe, I could almost feel the horns sprouting through my forehead...

So with a lul at the office I have been jumping back into my build research and getting that old excitement back. Plan might be to sell off the BMW to have the instant fundage to dive head first into the 914 again. The Samuai stays because it fills a different driving need!

Pics:
*BMW project in the front, fall drive group last month.
*Lil G in his first car, he's going to be an F1 driver by the way.... he will appreciate the pic with the Pantera one day...
*The zuk in the garage now, getting a motor upgrade and many other goodies, can't leave well enough alone...
ruby914
What sup Curt? biggrin.gif

That goes for you too Zaney. Resurection BUMP! icon_bump.gif
76-914
Hey Mike, call 'em out on the slackers thread. happy11.gif
mrdezyne
This is by far the longest and laziest build in the history of 914's. I DO still have this project believe it or not and it is still in storage waiting on free time and room to finish it up.

My Caffeine and Gasoline club is taking up a lot of my time to manage events and meets but has introduced me to a few other 914 owners in the area like Mike Fugate who is working on his 3rd. Here is our FB page with events and photos, this was one of my buddies doing a hill climb at our "Marble City Mayhem" event in June...
https://www.facebook.com/CandGTulsa?ref=hl
Click to view attachment

The Samurai is almost finished, and since my last post I've added another P car to the garage...
Click to view attachment

Just this past weekend I did start going through all of my parts stash for the 914 and found I have a lot more finished that I remembered. If I just had the room to get this thing spread out and assembled it could be rolling again under power within 6-9 months.... time and money / money and time... ugh...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.