Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pounding out a dent
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Spoke
Gotta put the engine compartment back together after the painting. I painted the tops of both longitudinals and the back of the engine compartment.
Spoke
The trunk turned out good. I finally got to install the shock tower caps and targa top clips.

The 914 emblem is in good shape. Sometimes it pays to delay. I hadn't re-mounted the emblem when I first painted the trunk then had the accident.

Spoke
The trunk top is very flat. I'm more impressed with my bondo ability than my painting skills.

Spoke
The steelies look fantastic. Only painted 2 so far.
Spoke
After assembly of the engine compartment, trunk and trunk lid, I need to stiffen up the passenger long. The long has been repaired on the outside with a long piece of heavy sheet metal. The sheet metal is welded all along the bottom and both ends but not at the top underneath the door sill.

I'm hoping that I can stiffen what is there more than starting over. Except for the top of the metal, it is a solid repair.

Spoke
OK, a little OT stuff.

My daughter came home from school in June and said a teacher has a deer farm and he was looking for a family to adopt a fawn for the summer. Well, since we already have 2 dogs, a turtle, 135 gallon tropical aquarium, a pond outside, and my daughter's boyfriend, what's another mouth to feed?

The teacher brought 4 10ft long x6 ft high fence sections which bolt together to form his pen. One side has a door. We put his pen under a big apple tree in our yard.

We started with 8oz formula 4 times a day and now we're at 2 feedings of 20oz. The fawn has grown several inches since we got him. Beside the formula, we feed him apple leaves, apples, and berries. All the neighbor kids come by to check him out so he gets a lot of company.
John Kelly
Way to go! Amazing job on the car too.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Spoke
Just installed the bumper, valence, and final assembly. The paint is a bit brighter than the original paint so eventually I will paint the rest of the car. The paint mismatch is unfortunate although I decided just to repaint the damaged items in order to keep the project managable. It took over 6 months to get to this point.

Spoke
Spoke
The trunk looks like it did the last time I painted it before the accident.
Spoke
The valence required some straightening and welding. The rear bumper is a $10 ebay bumper that someone had tried to mount a trailor hitch onto. On the passenger side, they ended up drilling 8 holes. So this seemed like the perfect time for my car to grow some bumper tits.
Spoke
Just got the car inspected this week in order to apply for a reconstructed title.

Got a complement from the inspection mechanic. I told him that the car was rear-ended on the passenger side and repaired by me. After the inspection, he asked me if the rear quarter panel was hit because he couldn't see any signs of body repair work.

I had to retake the pics for titling because the previous pics still showed the PA state inspection sticker in the window and the state may refuse the application if noticed.

Now sending the application to Harrisburg.

Spoke
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.