Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank factory drawings
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
michel richard
With SirAndy's help, I have uploaded a couple of versions of the factory drawings for the /6 oil tank.
I have a copy that was made by the factory from a database of digitized drawings. The copy that I have is pretty big, not in front of me, but something like 3 feet by 4 feet. It shows the tank full size.
I had it scanned, and I got three files, two of which I uploaded: a 22meg pdf and a 7 meg (approx) Jpeg.
Here's the pdf link:
http://www.914world.com/videos/plan.pdf
and the Jpeg:
http://www.914world.com/videos/plan.jpg
Big files of course. If someone is able to reduce one of them to make it easier for those who don't have the latest connections, please do so.
The third file is a .psd extension. Dunno what that is, but it's 48 meg !
Michel Richard
sixnotfour
Michel, those are top secrect porsche 914-6 files, not meant for the masses.
Thanks for sharing
SLITS
*.psd files are Adobe Photoshop
736conver
If you dont want to wait here's the first file.
davep
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 31 2006, 08:09 PM)
Big files of course.  If someone is able to reduce one of them to make it easier for those who don't have the latest connections, please do so.

I converted the jpg to greyscale and saved it. Down to 2mb or so. When working with B/W images the 24 bit color setting is very wasteful. It may be possible to save as lineart (1 bit) but it would best be done working with the original scanned image. Then compare to see if anything is lost. Perhaps get higher resolution without the huge file size.
smontanaro
I haven't the slightest idea how to upload files here, but I messed around with the JPG a bit, converted it to PNG, scaled, yadda, yadda, yadda. Came up with oil tank. Final size is around 770k (~ 90% reduction).

Cheers,

Skip Montanaro
jonwatts
Looks like a map of the underground facility where they took #4

ph34r.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (michel richard @ Jan 31 2006, 08:09 PM)
The third file is a .psd extension. Dunno what that is, but it's 48 meg !

oh, did you upload the PSD as well ???

idea.gif Andy
michel richard
I have now.

ftp://ftp.914world.com:21212/914Videos/final%202.psd

cheers.

Michel
brer
if i find the time i'll put it into CAD.
maybe even 3D for kicks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.