Full Version: SF Bay Area 914 Breakfast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Jenny
pray.gif Sorry Jim!!

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 16 2006, 11:45 AM)
I think Carl's the only guy who consistently drives his 914 to breakfast meetings. idea.gif

hey hey now ... rolleyes.gif
Jenny
Hey now. Don't everyone gang up on me all at once. I know I've seen your jeep at a breakfast before, Andy.

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 16 2006, 12:01 PM)
I know I've seen your jeep at a breakfast before, Andy.

that was one time out of, what, 20? ...

shades.gif Andy
carreraguy
I'll be there with my 911.
I used to drive mine consistently but presently 914-less
sad.gif
Jenny
Good grief! Can I retract my previous statement about the consistency and the car bit? Or do you just want to lash me a couple times next time we meet at IHOP? whip[1].gif

Jen
SirAndy
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 16 2006, 01:52 PM)
Or do you just want to lash me a couple times next time we meet at IHOP?

that's all i wanted to hear! whip[1].gif

call me.gif Andy
GTeener
I might be able to make it on the late side (depends on water polo practice schedule), but sans 914 sad2.gif

Called Harvey about my wheels and found out they are in process though smile.gif

And I have my new LE valence waiting in the garage. smile.gif

lapuwali
Way things are going, I'll be bringing the 912 again. 914 isn't on the schedule until after the FIAT is done, and the FIAT is at least three weekends away from being useful again. The scooter won't go faster than 35mph, so taking it all the way to Santa Clara would be a major trip. The type 3, well, is a type 3.

Porcharu
QUOTE (Jenny @ Feb 12 2006, 02:57 PM)
17 to 280 to lawrence Expressway might be quicker, unless you want to stay with surface streets.

Where in los gatos will you be staying at?

Jen

I meant the "most simple" way.
rolleyes.gif
Jenny
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 16 2006, 03:30 PM)
call me.gif Andy

w00t1.gif for some reason, the goofy "call me" smiley with the eyes next to your name just cracks me up. Thanks Andy.

Jen
Carl
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 16 2006, 11:51 AM)
Yes, Carl is in SJ, and he'll be coming to breakfast with Mer. I think Carl's the only guy who consistently drives his 914 to breakfast meetings.  :idea:

Jen

WHAT??? I've never showed up in anything else...... confused24.gif WTF.gif

Hey Jim, maybe the 914 can stay home since I used your handy dandy trunk spring bender thingy to reset the mousetrap in the back!
carreraguy
QUOTE (GTeener @ Feb 16 2006, 03:32 PM)
Called Harvey about my wheels and found out they are in process though smile.gif

Pardon the hijack - Harvey's not fast but he does excellent work!
olav
QUOTE (Carl @ Feb 16 2006, 05:19 PM)
Yes, Carl is in SJ, and he'll be coming to breakfast with Mer. I think Carl's the only guy who consistently drives his 914 to breakfast meetings.  :idea:

Jen

Hey Jim, maybe the 914 can stay home since I used your handy dandy trunk spring bender thingy to reset the mousetrap in the back!

I'm next in line to use the fancy mouse trap tool!!

smilie_pokal.gif
jimtab
QUOTE (olav @ Feb 16 2006, 07:23 PM)
QUOTE (Carl @ Feb 16 2006, 05:19 PM)

Jen

I'm next in line to use the fancy mouse trap tool!!

smilie_pokal.gif

No problem, but someday, and that day may never come..... biggrin.gif
jimtab
I'm bringing the 914 but sans door handles....they are in Florida for a "rebuild"....I guess something had to break, but both within the same month...damn.
notyers
chowtime.gif Hey new to the board.Just curious if there is any hazing to get into this breakfast.Of course I could bring a 914 for your eyes to peek at.
neo914-6
QUOTE (notyers @ Feb 16 2006, 08:23 PM)
chowtime.gif Hey new to the board.Just curious if there is any hazing to get into this breakfast.Of course I could bring a 914 for your eyes to peek at.

you can avoid the traditional hazing by picking up the tab. rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif welcome.png
Carl
QUOTE (neo914-6 @ Feb 16 2006, 08:35 PM)
QUOTE (notyers @ Feb 16 2006, 08:23 PM)
chowtime.gif  Hey new to the board.Just curious if there is any hazing to get into this breakfast.Of course I could bring a 914 for your eyes to peek at.

you can avoid the traditional hazing by picking up the tab. rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif welcome.png

I thought the neo-bees had to get to the IHOP at 6 to reserve parking for the members.
notyers
driving.gif I might be able to pick up some cones on the way.Ha Ha
SirAndy
QUOTE (Carl @ Feb 16 2006, 09:01 PM)
I thought the neo-bees had to get to the IHOP at 6 to reserve parking for the members.

av-943.gif
lapuwali
icon_bump.gif
lapuwali
Looking ahead, I'm very likely to be out of town for both the March and April breakfast days, so someone else will need to volunteer to pick a venue and call the place to warn them they're about to be invaded by a large block of people who'll leave oil puddles in their parking lot...

jimtab
Crap, I'm out for this Saturday....family stuff...no hope...but, see what you all think of this idea for next month....we meet in San Jose (east side) and then go up Mt. Hamilton rd and over the top...the road comes out in Gustine and then come back another way...long roadtrip but what do you think...the road is long and lonely..especially after the observatory...too long? Need to do it with an overnite in the valley near Gustine?...there used to be great portugese food there....the last time I made this trip was in 1966 in a TR3, so a 914 would be a real step up. OR, we coud eat on the coast near here and then drive some interesting twisties, have lunch in Pescadero? La Honda....at Alices on skyline....talk to me....Jim....out....
Mueller
icon_bump.gif

this might be my last 914 outing/public apperance for a while so I've gotta take advantage of it MDB2.gif
MartyYeoman
Mike,
Do you want to carpool??
Marty
olav
QUOTE (jimtab @ Feb 21 2006, 09:41 PM)
Crap, I'm out for this Saturday....family stuff...no hope...but, see what you all think of this idea for next month....we meet in San Jose (east side) and then go up Mt. Hamilton rd and over the top...the road comes out in Gustine and then come back another way...long roadtrip but what do you think...the road is long and lonely..especially after the observatory...too long? Need to do it with an overnite in the valley near Gustine?...there used to be great portugese food there....the last time I made this trip was in 1966 in a TR3, so a 914 would be a real step up. OR, we coud eat on the coast near here and then drive some interesting twisties, have lunch in Pescadero? La Honda....at Alices on skyline....talk to me....Jim....out....

Can I get the rear trunk torsion spring readder tool from Carl?

I'll pass it on to you!

smilie_pokal.gif
jimtab
Of course, mi tool es tu tool...besides there may be light at the end of the tunnel and I may be able to come...but I'll have to drive the Acura....I won't park close by I promise.....
Mueller
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Feb 23 2006, 05:29 PM)
Mike,
Do you want to carpool??
Marty

Marty,

I am meeting up with Mark and driving down there with him, we are supposed to be in Concord @ 8:00, want me to call you once we get near your house?

MartyYeoman
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 24 2006, 09:56 AM)
Mike,
Do you want to carpool??
Marty

Marty,

I am meeting up with Mark and driving down there with him, we are supposed to be in Concord @ 8:00, want me to call you once we get near your house?

Sure.
Do you still have my number??
Marty
Mueller
QUOTE (Marty Yeoman @ Feb 24 2006, 11:05 AM)
QUOTE (Mueller @ Feb 24 2006, 09:56 AM)
Mike,
Do you want to carpool??
Marty

Marty,

Sure.
Do you still have my number??
Marty

nope...wanna PM it to me??

MartyYeoman
PM Sent.
fiid
Hey all,

Is anyone else driving down from the city?
lapuwali
You need a ride, or just looking for a passenger? If the latter, you could pick me up in San Mateo. The only running car I have now is the Type 3... dry.gif
Terrance
I will try to attend tomorrow.
SirAndy
QUOTE (fiid @ Feb 24 2006, 10:25 AM)

does oakland count? biggrin.gif

don't have a passanger seat in my car tho, if you're asking for a ride ...
if you just want to bundle up, we cound meet somewhere around foster city.
wink.gif Andy
fiid
I'd take a ride if someone was taking a 914, but totally happy to pick you (lapuwali) up on the way. We could also convoy (bundle up?) from san mateo/foster city.

My welder crapped out last night - so I don't think I'm going to have the 914 running - so would you prefer the Miata (0-60 in 7.9sec) or the turbo wagon (0-60 in 5.4sec)??

Of course - if I do get the 914 running tonight - I'll be bringing that - complete with it's new megasquirt II.
jimtab
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 24 2006, 11:31 AM)
QUOTE (fiid @ Feb 24 2006, 10:25 AM)

does oakland count? biggrin.gif

don't have a passanger seat in my car tho, if you're asking for a ride ...
if you just want to bundle up, we cound meet somewhere around foster city.
wink.gif Andy

Bundle up...? Andy, does the car have a "bundling board" now?
Chris Pincetich
One of these days....I WILL GO TO A 914club breakfast.

BUT this weekend I might not even have the 914, and if I did I need to finish up soooo much around the house this weekend it would be hard to squeeze the trip into my busy day. Not much time after I sleep in to 11am
smoke.gif

Unitl then I'll be lurking and looking at all the photos, finishing the rustoration, and FINALLY taking some pictures and starting a blog.
beerchug.gif
anthony
QUOTE (ChrisNPDrider @ Feb 24 2006, 02:42 PM)
Not much time after I sleep in to 11am
smoke.gif

You're letting life pass you by. Get yer arse out of bed. You could be back home by noon.
jonwatts
QUOTE (anthony @ Feb 24 2006, 09:06 PM)
QUOTE (ChrisNPDrider @ Feb 24 2006, 02:42 PM)
Not much time after I sleep in to 11am
smoke.gif

You're letting life pass you by. Get yer arse out of bed. You could be back home by noon.

And ready for a nap biggrin.gif
neo914-6
I'm coming with MikeP in his "Bauer" 914 V8 burnout.gif

Dr. Roger
is it too late to catch a ride with someone in the east bay?????

sudden change of mind..... I wanna' have fun. =-)))
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dr. Roger @ Feb 24 2006, 10:42 PM)
is it too late to catch a ride with someone in the east bay?????

you wanna sit on the floor? or come by early and i'll put in the pass. seat., the seat is easy, but i would have to find the seat-belts as well.

lemmy know ...
smash.gif Andy
Dr. Roger
you got a deal! =-)))) i always wanted a ride in your teen. smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif

still got the monster 4? or the steroid ingested 6?

what time do you want me there?

Dr. Roger
oh, BTW, does anyone going to the breakfast have a rear valence they want to get rid of cheap? any condition...
i't will be "hacked" a bit for an experimental exhaust exit strategy.
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dr. Roger @ Feb 24 2006, 10:50 PM)
what time do you want me there?

i'm going to leave at 8 ...

so, 7:45 should be good enough ...
wink.gif Andy
Brian Mifsud
I'll come. I'm in town (South San Francisco) while the 914 is down San Diego.. I owe Mike some software while I'm at it....

porschecb
If you guys have that much early morning get up & go you leave right after breakfast and join us for lunch. (Mcmark?) driving.gif
olav
Some pics of the breakfast.

As usual it was a lot of fun shooting the sh*t with everyone and seeing all the cool cars in various states of development.

Thanks Jim for the spring tool, I'll bring it back I promise.

smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.