Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chicago contingent logo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
sk8kat1
any help design wise is great , thanks nick.. I couldn't open the attachment either..
GaroldShaffer
Mike you did nothing wrong, and I for one am going to keep the logo in my sig. I don't see how you can copy right a silhouette of any vehical that unless you are the designer of that vechical or its company.
alpha434
Hey, guys. I commented before, and I've been following this loosely. I REALLY liked your guys' logo ideas. It's really a shame that you can't use them. BUT. The point of this comment is that the artists behind it should be proud. It really did look good. And I understand how it would piss someone off to not be able to use it. You'll all find another logo. I just wanted to say that I like what you guys are doing.

biggrin.gif
ChicagoChris
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Feb 20 2006, 06:26 PM)
UNFORTUNATELY US MIDWEST GUYS WANTED TO BE in A 914 CONTINGENCY ALSO...WE HAD SEVERAL DRAW UP SOME COOL LOGO'S JUST FOR US MIDWEST GUYS

SADLY, WE HAVE LOST OUR WAY AND THIS PLACE IS BECOMING LIKE EVERY OTHER CRAPPY INTERNET SITE.

WE'VE LOST OUR SENSE OF FELLOWSHIP AROUND 914'S AND LOST OUR SENSE OF TOGETHERNESS.

IT'S BEEN A SAD MONTH.

JIM

Well put.

Nick...Thank you for the comparison. I guess there was a REAL difference.
alpha434
But it's probly not a good idea to keep using the banner. This will cause a LOT of trouble if you guys do. I remember all the trouble over the "moderator" thing. This site is changing. And even if it's not for the better, I'm going to stay out of the way and decide whether I want to stay AFTER it's done. It'll be like fighting an earthquake to struggle against it.

So let's PLEASE not try to piss anyone off. sad.gif
BEE DRIVEN
Thank you Chris, maybe the comparison will shed some light on the differences. No one wants to steal some other's pride,and joy. Keep in mind it still needs to look like a 914.
Nick
GaroldShaffer
What if the silhouette is faced the other direction or is that still pissing in Jeroens cherrios.
alpha434
QUOTE (itsa914 @ Feb 20 2006, 07:08 PM)
What if the silhouette is faced the other direction or is that still pissing in Jeroens cherrios.

Guys. Don't get the thread locked!
GaroldShaffer
Why, I'm asking a question. What if the silhouette is faced the other direction would that be ok?
BEE DRIVEN
I am hoping Jeroen can review the comparision,and point out the areas of the design in which he has the most concern with. It would help the process of completing a new design. I respect Jeroen passion for his design.

Nick
ChicagoChris
I think one of the 14-less logos will be best for now.

I like the Oval with the sunset skyline and the blue car. Looks to me like there are enough differences to avoid artistic "issues". He said that it was ok at first but that was before it went this far. So if he is against it now I think it will still look good.

Chris
Bleyseng
QUOTE (jim912928 @ Feb 20 2006, 06:26 PM)
I USUALLY DON'T GET INTO ALL THE POLITICAL CRAP ON THIS SITE BUT LATELY THIS PLACE HAS GONE CRAZY...WHAT IS EVERYBODY DRINKING?

UNFORTUNATELY US MIDWEST GUYS WANTED TO BE in A 914 CONTINGENCY ALSO...WE HAD SEVERAL DRAW UP SOME COOL LOGO'S JUST FOR US MIDWEST GUYS...NOT TO MAKE MONEY...WE ACTUALLY ASKED IN THIS THREAD WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF WE COULD HAVE A TSHIRT TO BIND US AND THIS CLUB...EVEN COMMENTED THAT IT "WAS NOT FOR PROFIT".

SADLY, WE HAVE LOST OUR WAY AND THIS PLACE IS BECOMING LIKE EVERY OTHER CRAPPY INTERNET SITE.

WE'VE LOST OUR SENSE OF FELLOWSHIP AROUND 914'S AND LOST OUR SENSE OF TOGETHERNESS.

IT'S BEEN A SAD MONTH.

JIM

Not really, its just that artwork/design is copyrighted. To use it or something very similar is not cool so make the design original and be done with it.

O Mi Gado! I am gone for a few weeks and all you guys do is bitch....

Geoff
sk8kat1
please don't go there again!!! ohmy.gif

I and a few others are already working on a new logo

so drop it ..please biggrin.gif
akellym
I have never joined in on one these upheavals before but.... why not just trace the exact outline of the car?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.