Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: chicago contingent logo
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Bartlett 914
I like the new oval one better! I like the "Chicago" part but I am a little biased. I am up for more suggestions that include more people. I don't know how many we are here in the immediate area. A contingent of a few is only slightly better than a contingent of one.
BigDBass
Yeah, I'm all for a more inclusive description that would be acceptable to Mark and others in the "area". From what I've seen here, there're few enough 914ers in our part of the country that we need to stick together! So we just need something more specific than "Great Lakes" and more general than "Chicago". "Northern Midwest" doesn't have quite have the right ring to it. Maybe something aluding to our beloved snow and cold and road salt? Corn? Tri-state area? Some shared Interstate?

The name isn't as important as the fact that it seems people in the vicinity are putting some thought and effort into getting something going. It'd be great if we could have a BBQ or something this summer regardless!
sk8kat1
wow that looks better than mine!! -- I guess that's what happens when you have more than MS picture it to play w/

looks good owned.gif pray.gif
Bartlett 914
Just a thought..

Midwest Loop?
Eric_Shea
Being an Ex-Chicagoian (6300 N. Sheridan for 12 years)... it think the skyline looks a bit mis-represented. Hancock doesn't stand out (or exist) and Sears looks like the Emprie State Building... other than that I love it biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
The oval sign rocks! It's known as the Chicago Region - PCA, and that includes all of northern Illinois, some Indiana members, and even a few Cheeseheads.

After the Parade that Milwaukee put together a few years ago, they should be proud to have their own cheesehead contingent, but are always welcome in Chicago. They did a great job!!!

Even though I'm an old Chicago boy (suburbs, actually), I've always admired the way that GreenBay has had it's own football team owned by the townsfolk, not some spoiled, megelomaniac millionaire! Elkhart Lake's Road America is also owned by the shareholders, many of which are local residents of the town, as well as Chicago Region SCCA types.

Wisconsin rocks, even though they do think of us as FIBs (F****in Illinois Bast**ds).

I'd gladly sign up for that Chicago Contingent Logo if you know how to do it. Thanks
ChicagoChris
The new logo ROCKS!! aktion035.gif

George...Find the logo in the size you want
right click and copy address of image
go to your control page
then to the "edit signiture"...
above the box are a number of control boxes...click the one IMG
a new box will appear, now paste the address into the box and say OK rocking nana.gif

You should have a new signiture. biggrin.gif
jim912928
I'd like to play.....milwaukee here
ChicagoChris
Hop on Jim...

Forsake your cheese heritage and get in the with the big city laugh.gif

OK just kidding. If Wisconson doesn't want to associate with the ChicCont sad.gif . Lots of great tings in Milwaukee too. Like OnTheBorder Gentlemans Club. drooley.gif
dlo914
how's this? lets try to keep these banners within the parameters of: Width 400 x Height 60 it makes for a cleanrt look to the forum.
ChicagoChris
I like the wind effect. But the curent one can be resized. Right?

Really I am up for either. How does the rest of the group feel about it?
auggie91420
Great to see the Chicago area get some play in this group. Let's keep the area identified as Chicago (easy for me to say, as I live right in the city). I bought my car 21 years ago in Southern California, and when I moved to the midwest in '98, I pretty much put the car away in storage. It wasn't quite the same driving experience for me here, but great city nonetheless. Last year, I finally got my car out of storage; I just couldn't stand to see it just sit there. I rebuilt the motor and cleaned it up, and got it running in August. I'm looking forward to enjoying the car this summer and meeting other 914 people in the area. I'm also looking for any excuse to drive it around on something other than city streets. Hope this "contingent" gets going this year.

As far as the logo goes, my signature says it all. Great job.
GaroldShaffer
In 2004 I organized the windy city breakfast and we would have a good turnout. I wasn't able to do it last year and 2006 is going to be busy also. I would love to be part of a Chicagoland get together this year. Never to early to plan. smile.gif
jim912928
I pass through chicago every friday and sunday (live in south bend, IN on the weekends). Guess I could be the "pass through" chicago contingent member! lol
BEE DRIVEN
Hi again to the Chicago group, in this logo I have put in the correct Chicago Skyline at sunset with translucent car,and 914 graphic.

Nick.
BEE DRIVEN
Another in the same theme with different lettering font. The idea behind the translucent shapes of the car ,and 914 is so the city skyline flows through from side to side.

Nick.
jim912928
I like the elegance of the one with "chicago Contingent" in the written script
BigDBass
Damn, Nick, that's some nice work! I played with the image dimensions (in Photoshop 6) but I can't quite get it to not look stretched. Also, maybe you could add something like that windy effect?

(By the way, I don't suppose you do freelance logo design?)

sk8kat1
that's outstanding!!!!!
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (BigDBass @ Feb 18 2006, 09:09 PM)
Damn, Nick, that's some nice work! I played with the image dimensions (in Photoshop 6) but I can't quite get it to not look stretched. Also, maybe you could add something like that windy effect?

(By the way, I don't suppose you do freelance logo design?)

Hi Dan, for resizing the image in photoshop,go to IMAGE on top ,and click. Go down to IMAGE SIZE,click. In the lower left corner click on the box for CONSTAIN PROPORTIONS,than under the DOCUMENT SIZE in the same window type in the width size you want,and click OK...done.

I did do some wind,and blur in the water area. As for freelance,we could talk.

Thank you guys, Nick.
sk8kat1
holy crap did you guys know that we can get t-shrts printed up with this new bad ass logo on it for like $15.00 or a sticker for like $ 3.00

nick would that be cool with you if we used your design?.. I would completely understand if you would perfer not

here's the site

cafe press
GaroldShaffer
I would be in for a couple of shirts if they were done. Is there a minium order from cafepress? I think club member dlo914 made shirts up using them, right? If it happens great I'm in for 2 - 4 shirts (Me & wife).

Thanks to everyone for the cool logo designs. pray.gif
Bartlett 914
I like them all! Count me in for a few shirts.
sk8kat1
actually it allows you to create your own shirts and order as many as you like or we can get together a design that we all aggree on and order from the site ....

I was messing around and made one the had on the front left breast :

sk8kat1
and on the bacjk across the shoulders :

sk8kat1
chicago 914 stuff

sorry nick jumped the gun smile.gif -- I can delete if you are opposed to it .. I was up late last night and got the night crazies wacko.gif

I cann add different versions if yo like too
BEE DRIVEN
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 18 2006, 10:49 PM)
holy crap did you guys know that we can get t-shrts printed up with this new bad ass logo on it for like $15.00 or a sticker for like $ 3.00

nick would that be cool with you if we used your design?.. I would completely understand if you would perfer not

here's the site

cafe press

All the logo designs are free for the Chicago Contingent to use,and produce. I would hope some of the extra money raised, if any would go to the Chicago Club to be used for their yearly events. All I ask is to have afew large T-Shirts with the logo for my time. Lets keep these great cars going for all to enjoy.

Thank you all, Nick Moskatow.
alpha434
Hey guys!!!

AWESOME! GOOD JOB! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif grouphug.gif biggrin.gif beerchug.gif smash.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif drunk.gif beer3.gif happy11.gif jsharp.gif av-943.gif chair.gif biggrin.gif

That REALLY looks good. Unlike our colorless mess. cool.gif
sk8kat1
they are being sold at the cost to buy them from the site .. no profit otherwise you have to have a business id# or a social security # so that the web site can report the ernings to the IRS
gopack
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Feb 18 2006, 03:44 PM)
how's this? lets try to keep these banners within the parameters of: Width 400 x Height 60 it makes for a cleanrt look to the forum.

More RULES????
where will it all end?
Oh the HUMANITY!
sk8kat1
I will check to see about maybe a not for profit type thing to get some cash for the chicago area ..

as far as the shirts -- I will cover that .. nick tell me where they go and you will get them

thanks again!
GaroldShaffer
So it is cool to order some?
sk8kat1
yup .. they are the logo w/o the script .. if you want I can post one with the script... other wise all what you see can be ordered right now
GaroldShaffer
Nope, what is there is cool with me. Any chance of Grey with the got 914 on front and logo on back? biggrin.gif
ChicagoChris
OK stop it allready dead horse.gif

Can we just pick one. I vote for the blue 14. The gold one seems to fancy for a Chicago crowd. The blue stands out and the CHICAGO lettering is a good look. That is my voet atleast. biggrin.gif
ChicagoChris
WHAT?

Now I don't have one at all!

Please let us decide. All this back and forth is making me... barf.gif
sk8kat1
I will post another link with more options included

different stuf on each .... and yes chris more using the blue logo... biggrin.gif
ChicagoChris
I just want the maddenss to end. I love the look but lets decide. dead horse.gif
Bartlett 914
Does it have to be one! Use any of the 3 to fit your mood.
I like them all. They are all close enough to not cause any confusion.
sk8kat1
here's the 2nd store .. it will only allow one design per type of shirt per store...

chicago 914 store #2
sk8kat1
I added the links to my signature incase this thread gets lost along the way
sk8kat1
woo hoo! we have the first order of chicago 914 shirts!!!

smilie_pokal.gif clap56.gif aktion035.gif driving.gif beerchug.gif
auggie91420
Make it 2. Couldn't decide so I ordered both!
sk8kat1
if you guys want to see something else let me know
BEE DRIVEN
Hi Chicago, here is one more logo with the correct city skyline,and blue graphics.

Nick.
ChicagoChris
Nick,

Is that one the right size for a signiture?
sk8kat1
ok boys .. I am switching back to the crap one I made ...

I am sick of the shit storm ...... and just tired .. I attempted to ask the ceator of the orginal club logo if it was ok to use the modified design for a small run just for our little community by way of a PM and not in the public eye to try and work this out ..

no response

so I am taking down the links and the stores

if anyone wants to help me work on a new one I would like that ...

.. still not real sure why I got scorched for what was an inocennt mistake that was not going to be mass produced or any thing.

either way I am tired of the bull shit and tired of tring to make some peace with this situation so that we can possibly still use the logo that nick made up ..

no response ...

so wave the white flag .....

I go to work today and come back to find that we are now ordered " for our own sake" to chaneg the logo by the end of the week ..

I would love to work this out , maybe we can .. but the designer of the club design seems to really be on his ear , and I can see his side , but truely no harm was intended

I am not like that I am for the most part a good guy ...

BEE DRIVEN
I feel I need to show a true comparison of the two designs to the Chicago Contingent. I am willing to make adjustments to give you guys the best logo out there. It is not difficult to come up with a new 914 shape. Please review the comparison below.

Thank you, Nick
alpha434
You had better make that a open-able file. I can't read it.
jim912928
I USUALLY DON'T GET INTO ALL THE POLITICAL CRAP ON THIS SITE BUT LATELY THIS PLACE HAS GONE CRAZY...WHAT IS EVERYBODY DRINKING?

UNFORTUNATELY US MIDWEST GUYS WANTED TO BE in A 914 CONTINGENCY ALSO...WE HAD SEVERAL DRAW UP SOME COOL LOGO'S JUST FOR US MIDWEST GUYS...NOT TO MAKE MONEY...WE ACTUALLY ASKED IN THIS THREAD WOULDN'T IT BE COOL IF WE COULD HAVE A TSHIRT TO BIND US AND THIS CLUB...EVEN COMMENTED THAT IT "WAS NOT FOR PROFIT".

SADLY, WE HAVE LOST OUR WAY AND THIS PLACE IS BECOMING LIKE EVERY OTHER CRAPPY INTERNET SITE.

WE'VE LOST OUR SENSE OF FELLOWSHIP AROUND 914'S AND LOST OUR SENSE OF TOGETHERNESS.

IT'S BEEN A SAD MONTH.

JIM
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.