Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: front brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
sk8kat1
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 21 2006, 01:17 PM)
[.
Make sure you have a T. Get some new fluid in there and have lots of fun.

ok sorry I have not had a lot of chanses to really dig in to the car sice I bought it in november .. what T are you speaking of ... meaning a T fitting in place of the stock porportioning vale ?
Eric_Shea
Yup... with BMW's, use the T
sk8kat1
I looked at the bird , paand paragon ... where would I find the proper T fitting...... and how long is the wait for a set of rebuilt
rear calipers?

I figure if I am diong it I might as well know the rears are working right...
sk8kat1
icon_bump.gif
Eric_Shea
Needie aren't we? laugh.gif

Click Here for a Brake T

About 1 week on the calipers, depending. We'z got a bunch of orders coming in right now. Let me check what's plated and get back with you. Late model right? 73-76??
sk8kat1
me needie... biggrin.gif poke.gif owned.gif

I am used to restoring motorcycles but cars... so I am a little unsure .. and espesily w/ brakes you know stopping is a good thing! wink.gif

thnaks for all the help though
Mueller
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 21 2006, 09:52 PM)
so with the pads should I replace bothe front and back with the same pads?

oh and eric .. I might sooner rather than later be sending you some cores for a recaliper rebuilds if I am doing all this other stuff.. biggrin.gif smash.gif

good performance pads up front or on all 4 corners...cheap pads only on the rear or all 4 corners

you never want to run a better or more aggressive brake pad in the rear than in the front unless you know what and why you are doing it (Chevy did it and got sued for it, rear brakes worked better than the fronts and cars lost control)

Like Eric mentioned, Porsche brakes are over-engineered, even on the lowly /4 models smile.gif I have a newer Hyundai Elantra, the rotors are smaller(10" vrs 11") than on the 914 with brake pads about the same size (no ABS)...2700 pound car...car stops great.....only car I've ever cooked/overheated the brakes on is our 3500 pound Volvo with calipers just a tad bigger up front (rear pads are tiny)...just like the 914 it has 11" rotors but they are vented

Eric_Shea
me needie...

8:45AM and already bump'n the ole thread. Get to work so you can pay for all this shit biggrin.gif

(Oh, and send me a 'Combo' I'm dyin out here in Salt Lake... no good combo's anywhere!!)
sk8kat1
had surgery stuck at home too much time to dream and blow $$ ---but the vicadin is nice smoke.gif
Eric_Shea
(Oh, and send me a 'Combo' I'm dyin out here in Salt Lake... no good combo's anywhere!!)

OK... Send vicadin instead laugh.gif

Get well.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Feb 22 2006, 09:59 AM)

OK... Send vicadin instead laugh.gif

Get well.

agree.gif
sk8kat1
that's it I call for a vivadin party at my house!! i have a60day supply , beer and a BBQ!!

any takers? biggrin.gif jsharp.gif
sk8kat1
any down sides to removeng that pressure regilator and replacing it w/ the T fitting ... be fore I order one?
Mueller
QUOTE (sk8kat1 @ Feb 22 2006, 04:07 PM)
any down sides to removeng that pressure regilator and replacing it w/ the T fitting ... be fore I order one?

why the "T"???

sk8kat1
suggested by eric shea...
Eric_Shea
why the "T"???

He has BMW fronts right now.

ChiTown Mike... have the wife crawl under there and check first. Most BMW mods suggest the "T" and it 'might' already be there. wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.