Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Interesting new idea
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
pek771
Yeah, but you have to examine a Mollier diagram of the expansion. The chamber pressure would be higher at the point of water injection. Crower says the engine uses equal amounts of water and fuel, and you could probably run 15:1 CR in the engine.

I can't find any patent application for this.

Pat
alpha434
QUOTE (pek771 @ Mar 3 2006, 08:59 PM)
Yeah, but you have to examine a Mollier diagram of the expansion. The chamber pressure would be higher at the point of water injection. Crower says the engine uses equal amounts of water and fuel, and you could probably run 15:1 CR in the engine.

I can't find any patent application for this.

Pat

Yeah. But that was just to make his one cylinder test subject run. Someone said that the water takes time to "flash." So retard and less water would be logical. Since that would give the water more time to expand.

And wouldn't the CR still be somewhat dependant on fuel type? Or are we treating the water as a "boost" variable?
Porcharu
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 1 2006, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (Porcharu @ Mar 1 2006, 01:53 AM)
Oh come on now! You don't know what water injection is?

Dont be a dick. I'm here to learn... dry.gif

I was not being a dick, or anything else. I'm just suprised that you didn't know about something that has been around longer than we have been alive, besides you seem to know a fair amount of stuff. mueba.gif
alpha434
QUOTE (Porcharu @ Mar 3 2006, 11:18 PM)
QUOTE (MattR @ Mar 1 2006, 10:24 AM)
QUOTE (Porcharu @ Mar 1 2006, 01:53 AM)
Oh come on now! You don't know what water injection is?

Dont be a dick. I'm here to learn... dry.gif

I was not being a dick, or anything else. I'm just suprised that you didn't know about something that has been around longer than we have been alive, besides you seem to know a fair amount of stuff. mueba.gif

Yeah, Matt. You gotta learn all the cheap tricks that people forget about.

Run the breather hose to the exhaust!
w00t.gif
TimT
Isnt there a 6 stroke engine out there already? in a prodution car?

it doesnt use water in its combustion cycle...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.