Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The Original Stainless Replacement Fuel Line Sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ChrisFoley
I've been making these stainless hard tubing replacements for OE plastic fuel lines since 1998. They are an accurate repro of the factory shape for a proper fit. 9.5mm (3/8") supply and 8mm (5/16") return lines for early 914, or 8mm (5/16") supply and return for '75-6. An additional pair of short lines for the engine compartment is also available, as well as an adapter to replace the expensive rubber reducer that connects to the pump on '70-74 4 cyl. models.
Made with beaded ends for a secure hose connection or, for the racers, -6AN male ends for Aeroquip hose attachment.
Buy individually or in complete sets, available for 4 and 6 cylinder cars as well as special Subaru Conversion lines. Installation is easy using the instructions provided.
Also available: Engine shelf grommets, firewall grommets, fuel tank sock, etc.

Full details and Paypal Shopping Cart buttons are on my webpage: Tangerine Racing Replacement Fuel Lines

Edited to update product details.
Grimstead
I'm in Chris. I'll try to see if anyone local wants to split shipping.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Mar 22 2006, 11:11 PM)
California shipping cost ?

I thought it was clear enough. Post edited.
Lou W
I'm in, Jim, Grimstead, anyone else?
michaelmoo
What's the paypal address?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (michaelmoo @ Mar 23 2006, 06:36 AM)
What's the paypal address?

I thought of this in bed overnight. First post edited.
d914
I'm in -6 all four ends I'll send payment friday after I get paid!!!!
plas76targa
I'm in for a pair. Will send check tonight. Ship along with Scottb if he orders too. I'll pm Scott.

VaccaRabite
I'm in for this too.

Zach
Grimstead
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 22 2006, 09:53 PM)
I'm in, Jim, Grimstead, anyone else?

I think that can work. Let's see if we can get more SoCal folks invoved as well!
spunone
Im in let me know Who wants to recieve parts in So.Cal
914forme
Anybody Cincinnati ,Dayton Ohio area want to do a group ship?
spunone
Ok looks like we have 4 from So Cal .Fellas we need to hook up I'm ready to send paypal Fri Let me know asap. THanks Paul
shoguneagle
Chris,

Please put me down for two (2) fuel injected type plus shipping totaling $120.00 to Arizona. I will be sending you a cashier's check for these items. Timing is right since this spring I will be starting the rebuilding of the car. 3.0 CIS engine a couple of weeks away from being completed.

Thanks,
Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif piratenanner.gif
Hoss
Chris,

I am not sure how to play this since I will not even pick up the car until this weekend, so I would appreciate some advice. I am in San Diego so I would like to be in the SoCal group to save on shipping.

I know nothing about 914s specifically, except that 30 year old plastic fuel lines running down the center tunnel are a Bozo-nono in my book. I am definitely interested in a SS upgrade.

The part I am unsure about is the -6AN male ends for Aeroquip hose attachments. It sounds like the correct way to go, but I am not sure what is needed on the car if I go this route. I have experience with AN fittings (such as Fragola or Earls) for SS oil cooler lines. What do you recommend to do?

In any case I am in for one $50 set for a FI. Adding the threaded fittings for $20 on both ends is fine pricewise if that is the best route.

Thanks in advance.
Grimstead
Well from what I know right now Paul (spunone) has said we can ship the lines to his shop in Anaheim. Paul & I live close enough that we can make our handoff and I think Jim maybe close enough to Paul’s shop. As for Lou (and Hoss for that matter), I’m not sure what would be the easiest way to get them to you guys. I can keep lines here for either of you (I’d assume Paul would do the same thing) or get them into the SoCal parts pipeline for delivery (which has worked for me in the past)

Jim, Lou & Hoss, any other ideas or how does this sound to you folks?

Bill
Hoss
Bill,

Sounds fine to me based on the locations of those who replied in this thread. I do not mind waiting and then making a trek up to Anaheim or elsewhere in Orange County. I do not want to create a hassle for someone else if it is inconvenient to hang on to them until I can make the extraction.

Thanks for the offer and effort to keep the cost down.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Hoss @ Mar 23 2006, 03:47 PM)
The part I am unsure about is the -6AN male ends for Aeroquip hose attachments. It sounds like the correct way to go, but I am not sure what is needed on the car if I go this route. I have experience with AN fittings (such as Fragola or Earls) for SS oil cooler lines. What do you recommend to do?

My opinion - don't bother with the fittings unless you already know you want to go down that road.
Hoss
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 23 2006, 03:37 PM)

My opinion - don't bother with the fittings unless you already know you want to go down that road.

Fair enough then. I will take a set for fuel injection sans fittings. If I need to add the fittings down the road, I will figure it out then. Are you brazing the fittings on?

Thanks for the suggestion and insight, Chris.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Hoss @ Mar 23 2006, 08:17 PM)
Are you brazing the fittings on?

Heliarc.
One customer has mentioned he will be adding his own compression fittings. That's a good alternative if you have a plan.
ewdysar
Hey SoCal guys,

Can I get in on the group shipment? Driving to the OC is no problem. When we've got a final count, and know what the shipping share is, I can send the $.

Eric
Lou W
I am in no hurry to pick mine up, so they can be shipped anywhere in So Cal, and I can get them at the next get together, if Chris doesn't want to ship out too many in one box... I'm totally open to sugestions...1-909-720-0740 is my cell, so call me or pm me if you want to ship with me. smile.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 23 2006, 09:02 PM)
if Chris doesn't want to ship out too many in one box...

I'm comfortable with up to 5 sets in one box.
That would make the shipping cost $5 per set.
Hoss
QUOTE (Racer Chris @ Mar 23 2006, 05:36 PM)

Heliarc.

One customer has mentioned he will be adding his own compression fittings.  That's a good alternative if you have a plan.

Got it, thanks.

I will be sending you a check via U.S. mail tomorrow. Hopefully it will reach you in time for the cut-off date you mentioned at the start of the thread.

I am not sure where the final SoCal point of shipment will be for the batch you are sending out, so just let me know once you have the logistics/payments nailed down. Part price plus $5 for shipping is fine with me.

Many thanks again for the answers and help. I am looking forward to getting your parts and making those fuel lines bullet proof.
Lou W
Looks like we got 5 people, Jim Holand, Grimstead, Eric, Hoss and me, looking for a shipping address in Orange County, I've pm'd the list above, let me know if anything changes, otherwise its $5.00 each for shipping.

yahoo smile.gif
Grimstead
QUOTE (Lou W @ Mar 23 2006, 07:20 PM)
Looks like we got 5 people, Jim Holand, Grimstead, Eric, Hoss and me, looking for a shipping address in Orange County, I've pm'd the list above, let me know if anything changes, otherwise its $5.00 each for shipping.

yahoo smile.gif

spunone (Paul) will be back on line in the morning, he'll get us the address then.

Looks like we are good to go! smilie_pokal.gif

Thanks again Chris! beerchug.gif
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (Grimstead @ Mar 23 2006, 10:30 PM)
spunone (Paul) will be back on line in the morning, he'll get us the address then.

I think I have Paul's address.
Just specify your parts are going there when you place your order.
Hopefully it will reach you in time for the cut-off date you mentioned at the start of the thread.

As long as I'm aware it is coming I can be a little flexible. smile.gif

Edit: Um, with spunone that's six. I'm going to check tomorrow about putting six sets into one box. I checked UPS rates already for the extra weight and $5 each is appropriate if I can fit it all together.
Grimstead
If it helps, I may just get the 3/8" since I'm running carbs as well.
srcapmetal
I'll take a set for a fuel injected car, will send payment tomorrow morning 3/24 Thanks
Hammy
Got money order tonight, will put it in the mail tomorrow. smile.gif
bd1308
QUOTE (914forme @ Mar 23 2006, 10:14 AM)
Anybody Cincinnati ,Dayton Ohio area want to do a group ship?

i'm in too--I can stop by to pick it up...hopefully earlier than last time wink.gif

b
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (jim_hoyland @ Mar 23 2006, 11:52 PM)
Paul, Lou, Grimsted, I'll send mine tomorrow by paypal and reference it to the So Cal Group Buy. Just need a total $$, my math is bad... wink.gif

Jim

Fuel injected set - $50 + Paypal fee - $2.40 + shipping - $5 = $57.40. smile.gif
spunone
Hi Chris Paypal sent 98.60 AN fittings on both lines engine side only SoCal groupo buy .Ill PM others with my address and phone #.Thanks againI think you have my add if not let me know. Paul
spunone
Ok I PM everyone I think thats gettin lines shipped here If not pm me .Heh Chris thanks for makin these just another thing I don't have to mess with. clap56.gif
spunone
Chris one more thing this is a commerical address for UPS and could you PM me the tracking # when shipped ? Thanks again
ewdysar
PayPal sent.

Eric
Lou W
You got Paypal, $98.60, with fittings on the engine side only.
Thanks, Lou beerchug.gif
Hoss
Chris,

Check for $55.00 sent via U.S. mail this afternoon.

Have a good weekend.

spunone
Gotta love the So.Cal group takin care of bus clap56.gif iness
Bertus
Chris,
Sending check for 3/8" line plus shipping on Saturday.

Thanks.

Bert
srcapmetal

Sent money order this morning, if anyone in so. cal doesnt want to pay for shipping I have already paid for mine. Let Chris know so that he can put your order with mine.
shoguneagle
Chris,

A cashier's check will go out this morning for two of your fuel injected stainless steel fuel lines. I previously requested these under the same thread under Shoguneagle

I am also interested in what you have done to strength the ears and related metal work around the rear suspension attachment points. I do not race, but drive spriitedly on the highway over curvy roads.

Thanks,
Steve Hurt
Shoguneagle
davesprinkle
I sent Chris a Paypal for a set of lines and shipping to Aliso Viejo, CA. If anyone in the South Orange County area also needs a set of lines, you can toss them in my box. Give me and Chris a PM to arrange the logistics of the deal.
maf914
Chris,

Check is in the mail this morning for a set of fuel lines. Thanks for putting this deal together. smilie_pokal.gif
elwood-914
Hi Chris, Just sent Paypal for $113.60. Just need both lines with fittings just on the firewall side.
Thanks Tim
Eric_Shea
Help me out gang... I want to get this now but I'm not there yet on the car. I need to know exactly what I'll need.

I'm running a 914-6 pump in the front trunk.
I want to run Aeroquip lines (or do I?)
I'm running Weber 40IDA3C's

I think I only need the long line with the -6AN connections. What can be done on the pump end with the -6AN lines? I've seen a Burmos car with them and it looks like they're on a stock pump. confused24.gif

What about the tank fittings? Chris, I imagine you can weld the AN fittings on the tank elbows...? confused24.gif

So for this pump set up, do I have this right?

1 short delivery line through the bulkhead to the pump (-6AN from the modified tank feed to the pump)
1 long line to feed the fuel to the engine compartment (-6AN off the pump to a -6AN in the engine compartment)
1 short return line from the pump through the bulkhead to the tank return (-6AN from the pump to the modified -6AN return feed on the tank)

I think that's it but I still have the question about the -6AN lines and their termination points at the pump and the carbs. Who's BTDT??

Chris, help me price this damn thing out! laugh.gif
racergreg
Chris, I'll be sending a check in tomorrow for the complete FI set. Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif
racergreg,

I'm in need of a set for my 74 1.8.. can I have Chris
include mine with your shipment?
I'm over the hill from you.

Chris, I have a paypal account- how can we arrange for payment?
Thanks,

p
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (0396 @ Mar 29 2006, 07:17 AM)
Chris, I have a paypal account- how can we arrange for payment?
Thanks,

p

If you and Racergreg are combining shipping then the amount is $50 + $10 (1/2 shipping) + $2.10 (reduced Paypal fee by $0.30). If Greg already mailed the full shipping amt then reduce the Paypal fee another $0.30 and just Paypal me $51.80.
Paypal address is: c dot foley at tangerineracing dot com
Chris,

Just sent Greg an email regarding this.

Thanks,
P rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.