Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WI/IL gathering. June 17th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
736conver
Now that a date has been set, June 17th, and it seems good for everyone. I figure we could move this to the garage forum so no one gets left out.

For those of you who havent been to the other post, I am holding a little BBQ at my house with a little fun drive. Nothing special just a get together for the "locals" around here. I am thinking start time would be around 10:30am or so. Eat around noonish go for a drive and come back and just hang out.

I will provide food, but I ask that you provide your own beverages.
Hopefully weather will be good. If it is rainy I am not sure what we will do.

So chime in here and lets get a head count.
lotus_65
maybe... my car might be done by then and i'll be looking to stretch it's legs a little.

where exactly?
BigDBass
Paul, Brian's in Mukwonago, WI.

Brian, I'm planning to be there.
BarberDave
Brian; I will try to make it. I need some place to go in June. Please EMail me with your Address and zip ,for map quest. Dave
GaroldShaffer
Julie & I will be there. drunk.gif jsharp.gif driving.gif thumb3d.gif
sk8kat1
count me in too drunk.gif
mikelsr
I will try and make it. Have to check my schedule. My wife doesn't like to ride in the 914 to she won't be coming with me.
736conver
Sorry forgot to put in location. But as mentioned its
W330S7879 Country lane
Mukwonago WI 53149
ChicagoPete
I am interested in participating...my car is on the trailer and heading home tomorrow!

One thought that I am putting out there...Chicago Region PCA ConcoursI is the following day, Father's Day in Long Grove....

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Brian:
Got a map to your house,now how about a inexpencive motel close to your house. Seemed that all on mapquest are 12 miles away from city center. Any closer to you? Thanks Dave slap.gif
736conver
Yea there is one about 10 minutes from me. Its the only one in town. I just checked their site and they arent cheap. $99 a night, Ouch.
BarberDave
OK, Can I have a Name ,web site link,or phone number. If i can get my goverment discount ,that makes it more bearable. Thanks Dave
736conver
Here's a link from google.

http://si-mukwonago-wi.chidirect.com/hotel/index.shtml
qa1142
Lynne and I will make it aktion035.gif
BigDBass
Brian, perhaps you could edit your first post and keep a list of expected attendees going? Maybe include where we're coming from to help the possibilities of a caravan.
736conver

Good idea. I will start that when I get home later tonight.
gopack
I am planning on attending and getting to know the "local" guys. THe only problem is i don't have a teener to drive, but maybe i can bum a ride, or at least prticipate in the BBQ/bull sesion!
736conver
QUOTE(gopack @ May 4 2006, 04:28 PM) *

I am planning on attending and getting to know the "local" guys. THe only problem is i don't have a teener to drive, but maybe i can bum a ride, or at least prticipate in the BBQ/bull sesion!

Mark,

I pretty sure my brother will have a spare seat. How far off are you on your car.
porschegal
Hey Brian,

Definitely one, possibly two people. Possibly a working 914 clap56.gif

Once again, if you need any help, let me know.

Shauna
GeorgeRud
My cars will be in Lake Geneva, but I'll be in Colorado that weekend. Please keep me informed of any other midwest gatherings, just con't change plans for this one!
BigDBass
icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif
gopack
QUOTE(736conver @ May 4 2006, 05:15 PM) *

QUOTE(gopack @ May 4 2006, 04:28 PM) *

Mark,

I pretty sure my brother will have a spare seat. How far off are you on your car.

Looks like the body shop will be done in about 2 weeks. then i have to haul it back and start to figure out he jigsaw puzzle and get it back together right and safe! i will be lucky to get it done before end of summer (my goal)!
regardless of the state of my teener, I wouldn't miss the opportunity to meet all you guys and talk cars for a afternoon.
Bartlett 914
Sounds great to me!

Kids O.K.? I plan on bringing Jessica and Steven (14 and 11)

Mark
wbergtho
I'll be there in my V-8 car if it doesn't break before then. I hope it doesn't rain...cause my car is not weather proof yet!

Bill
736conver
QUOTE(wbergtho @ May 5 2006, 03:52 PM) *

I'll be there in my V-8 car if it doesn't break before then. I hope it doesn't rain...cause my car is not weather proof yet!

Bill

Bill,

I am looking forward to seeing your car.

Sounds great to me!

Kids O.K.? I plan on bringing Jessica and Steven (14 and 11)

Mark

And kids are no problem as long as they stay in their cage.
qa1142
you are near Alpine Valley... right?

Will beerchug.gif
736conver
QUOTE(qa1142 @ May 5 2006, 04:56 PM) *

you are near Alpine Valley... right?

Will beerchug.gif

Yea about 15-20minutes via the freeway (I-43)
jim912928
I'm tentative...we might be having my "senior in high school" graduation party that weekend.
736conver
QUOTE(jim912928 @ May 6 2006, 03:26 PM) *

I'm tentative...we might be having my "senior in high school" graduation party that weekend.

That would be a bummer Jim. But congrats on the gradution. Send me your address in a PM. I just got back from a nice little drive working out the bugs in the 3.2. It would be nice to stop by and see how you are coming along.
smontanaro
QUOTE(736conver @ May 3 2006, 03:48 PM) *

Now that a date has been set, June 17th

Dang, I'll be on my 25th anniversary trip with the missus wandering around Alaska...

Skip
736conver
icon_bump.gif
aircooledboy
Hey Brian,

Sorry for the delay, but I had a few loose ends to tie up before I was sure. My wife Beth and I will be there with the 8. Really looking forward to it. jsharp.gif

Looks like the crowd is growing pretty good. You sure you don't want to delegate some of the chow or supplies?
theman352001
Brian,

My wife Helen and I are planning on being there. (barring an act of God) The car is not fixed yet but I did find a spare pump on one of my parts cars. Problem is, it is a front pump and my questionable one is in the rear. Anyway, if the 914 is not ready and the weather is good, I have something else I can bring that would draw some interest. biggrin.gif

Looking forward to meeting you all on the 17th. beerchug.gif

Keith
bjorn jacobson
I should be able to attend, 914 probably won't. I look forward to meeting everyone.

Later,

BJ
736conver
Ok I made up a list so far of everyone that said they will come and I also put in the ones that said they will try. The list was made from your signatures so if your information is incorrect or incomplete let me know. I included real name and club name so you can PM other memebers to plan a caravan.

Paul ,lotus 65, Minneapolis, MN
Dan ,BigDBass, Chicago,IL
Dave, BarberDave, Maumee Ohio
Garold Shaffer, itsa914, Portage IN
Mike, sk8kat1, Belvidere ,IL
Mike Matthews, Mahomet, IL
ChicagoPete, Lake Forest,IL
Will, qa1142, Lake Zurich
Mark, gopack, Madison WI
Shauna, porschegal, WI
Mark, Bartlett 914, Bartlett IL
Bill, wbergtho, Roberts, WI
Jim, jim912928, New Berlin WI
Chris DeRango, aircooledboy, Rockford, IL
Keith, theman352001, WI
bjorn jacobson, bjorn jacobson, LaCrosse, Wi
morgan
I be there!!

John
736conver
John, whatcha going to be driving?

QUOTE(morgan @ May 9 2006, 05:29 PM) *

I be there!!

John

736conver
Just talked to the town board and it looks like I can close down the road for parking. Should have plenty of space now.

Also talked to Dave at GPR for some free t-shirts. Wooo Hooo.
Thanks Dave.

morgan
QUOTE(736conver @ May 17 2006, 12:16 AM) *

Just talked to the town board and it looks like I can close down the road for parking. Should have plenty of space now.

Also talked to Dave at GPR for some free t-shirts. Wooo Hooo.
Thanks Dave.

I am going to bring this car

JM
BigDBass
Cool!
736conver
icon_bump.gif
736conver
Just got an email from a long time lurker.
Dennis from Long Grove, IL is going to try and make it up. Lets get him to post for the first time. He's an original owner of his car.

wireman461
yeah I may be able to make it have to ask the misses. My 914 may not be done I am taking it to Brad down in Peoria to have all of my electrical problems figured out so it may not be in driving condition.
wbergtho
Mayeur is the man for fixing anything 914....especially wiring issues! WOW is he knowledgable!

Bill
BigDBass
Methinks this needs a icon_bump.gif
akellym
Didn't see my name on the list, but I will be attending.
BigDBass
My front brake parts are trickling in. Should have everything by this weekend so I am cautiously optimistic about having my 914 there instead of the jeep. ( ninja.gif icon_bump.gif )
rick 918-S
I hope to building my motor by then. confused24.gif Too close to the WCC trip for me. Sorry guys, I have to miss it. mad.gif
Dave-O
I've been working on my schedule a little more. I'll be there for sure...assuming my car doesn't break before then! dry.gif
porschegal
The possible 914 won't be done by then. sad.gif
I will be there with some sort of Porsche or other German car. Would love to tour with anyone else coming solo.

Shauna

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.