Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WI/IL gathering. June 17th
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
736conver
We are down to 17 days now. Your 914 doesnt have to be pretty just mechanically sound or close to it. Mine isnt too good cosmetically but its been running good lately.

If anybody needs parts just post here and I can see what I have or maybe another member.
wbergtho
If all continues to go well, count on me showing up in the LS6 914. I still need to put a few miles on it before i head out to Portland.

Bill
GaroldShaffer
Julie & I will be there. driving.gif driving-girl.gif jsharp.gif chowtime.gif thumb3d.gif
theman352001
I am still trying to figure out my running/starting issue. Here is what I have done so far and what I think my issue is: Link to thread

On the plus side, I will have evenings the entire week before the event to work on my car.

If I am not able to get the 914 running by the event, I promise to bring something old and interesting in it's place. (weather permitting) It won't be German but it will be fun. driving.gif
aircooledboy
QUOTE(736conver @ May 31 2006, 12:17 AM) *

If anybody needs parts just post here and I can see what I have or maybe another member.

agree.gif
3 parts cars, no waiting. Jou need sumpting, say da word mang.

beerchug.gif
Dave-O
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ May 31 2006, 08:45 AM) *

QUOTE(736conver @ May 31 2006, 12:17 AM) *

agree.gif
3 parts cars, no waiting. Jou need sumpting, say da word mang.

beerchug.gif

OH man, if Chris comes I will actually have to pay up on all that beer I owe him! (you might get a PM about other parts)

David
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif
THIS NEEDS A BIG BUMP !
Dave slap.gif
736conver
I was also thinking we could turn this into a mini for sale/swap meet too. I have some parts lying around and I am sure some others have a few things to sell. Dont bring truck loads but maybe a box or two.
aircooledboy
David,

If I gots ta pull sum parts, I'm gonna need some notice bud. Heavily scheduled at the moment, so let me know ASAP if you need something. beerchug.gif
BigDBass
I'm getting psyched about the event. My lurking buddy from Florida is hopefully arranging a visit to Chicago. I'm praying I succeed in fixing my brakes by then.

Partswise, I'm looking for two items with a limited budget (i.e. "Preggers" thinks she froze my budget): late parking brake handle (Mark maybe?), passenger outside door handle with unbroken mounting tab.

I have a black Hirschmann antenna if anyone needs it. Effectively brand new as I installed it then removed it.

If anyone wants to give me a hand drilling/mounting a 3rd brake light to targa bar a la Demick, I'd bring it along! smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(736conver @ Jun 1 2006, 11:43 AM) *

I was also thinking we could turn this into a mini for sale/swap meet too. I have some parts lying around and I am sure some others have a few things to sell. Dont bring truck loads but maybe a box or two.

idea.gif I could load up the trailer with what I got. smile.gif

BigDBass
You just wanna show off your teener trailer!
lotus_65
it doesn't look good for me, unfortunately. i'd have co-pilot issues, and with the fresh repairs not fully fleshed out, the risk/reward isn't there for me.

but the swap idea is a great one! gl, and have fun.

paul
GaroldShaffer
agree.gif biggrin.gif drunk.gif

QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 1 2006, 07:32 PM) *

You just wanna show off your teener trailer!

736conver
QUOTE(lotus_65 @ Jun 2 2006, 05:15 AM) *

it doesn't look good for me, unfortunately. i'd have co-pilot issues, and with the fresh repairs not fully fleshed out, the risk/reward isn't there for me.

but the swap idea is a great one! gl, and have fun.

paul

Thats a bummer Paul. You'll be missing a good time.

I am also getting some things lined up for a raffle for parts and goodies. All the more reason to come, (nudge nudge)
736conver
icon_bump.gif

11 days and counting!!!!!
theman352001
It's getting down to the wire on my 914. I am going to bypass the CHT sensor with a variable resistor to see if I can get the car running. Hopefully that is the issue.

To add to the challenge, I messed up my hand yesterday and now it is in a splint. I love trying to do things one handed.

On the plus side, I had my back-up car out for a long drive the other day and she behaved beautifully. I'm still shooting for the 914 however. Besides, I need to get it off the hoist soon so I can work on another project.

Looking forward to the 17th. beerchug.gif

PS: I saw a white 914 at the Milwaukee Mile on Sunday. Didn't get a chance to talk to the guys in it however. Anybody on this forum???
sk8kat1
hey chris ( aircooled boy) -- you wanna make caravan plans? drunk.gif
BigDBass
I'd like to hear of any caravan plans and would like to participate if something gets going.

Also, if anyone coming from further away is passing through Chicago, let me know if you need a place to stay on your way to or from WI. I'm a quick and easy 10 minutes from I-294.
sk8kat1
can we get a contact # just in case as well ..... you know not real sure where I am going .... we are gonna be in WI ... we are driving teeners .... all put together can be a little scary ..... biggrin.gif
736conver
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jun 7 2006, 05:16 PM) *

can we get a contact # just in case as well ..... you know not real sure where I am going .... we are gonna be in WI ... we are driving teeners .... all put together can be a little scary ..... biggrin.gif

Here's my cell number 262-470-2963. what road or highway is everyone taken to get to my house. I wont be much help if someone gets lost but I can always use mapquest to help if you get lost.

Did everyone also get my address, I believe it was posted earlier in the thread.
porschegal
For those of you coming from Chicago, 294 merge to 94 (careful of troopers at the WI state line), then left onto 894 at the airport, left onto 43 (Beloit). Stay on 43 until Mukwonago exit. Brian'll have to take it from there. I travel from Milwaukee to the Chicago burbs daily for work, so if you need help I'll throw my cell out there: 262-352-9466. Beware the construction at the Gurnee toll as well.

John Takahara from the Chicago region owns a beautiful white teener that he races. Has antique IL plates on it. That may have been who you saw.

I will be there in the *sigh* Audi. Three porsches - zero running. I have angered the Gods of German cars. Should still be a great time!

Shauna

P.S. Has a time been set? Did I miss it somewhere in the thread?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(porschegal @ Jun 7 2006, 07:03 PM) *

John Takahara from the Chicago region owns a beautiful white teener that he races. Has antique IL plates on it. That may have been who you saw.

We are coming. My cell is 219-730-6418. Not sure how long it is going to take to get there from Indiana with all this #@#!$#@%^*&^ construction going on.

Oh, picture of John's car before he change the style of his numbers. Hi John I know you are lurking biggrin.gif wavey.gif
bjorn jacobson
10:30. Lunch at noon. See everyone there.
theman352001
For those of us coming from the Chicago area and are taking I-94 North, you may want to consider taking the Hwy 20 exit at Racine to cut off some miles and time.

Take Hwy 20 west to Waterford and then get on Hwy 83 straight into Mukwonago. There is also a route around the south of Waterford that will allow you to bypass the town. (D to N. Maple road)

Some plusses: a little scenery, some curvy roads, less trafic,......
aircooledboy
QUOTE(sk8kat1 @ Jun 7 2006, 04:50 PM) *

hey chris ( aircooled boy) -- you wanna make caravan plans? drunk.gif

PM Sent.

I am also trying to get Mark Wild to join us. He was the guy I saw driving the nice black flared car a few weeks back. He's been out here to the NARP research facility, and he is a really nice guy. Has a pile o' real Posches too. w00t.gif
736conver
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 8 2006, 10:58 AM) *

Everyone pray my calipers will be here in time...
unsure.gif

Where/Who are they coming from?
BigDBass
Rebuilt fronts from Eric Shea. I should know today if I'll have them in time to be installed. I have installation help waiting in the wings for this weekend should I have all the parts. Only the calipers are missing from my pile of rotors, flex hoses, pads, speedbleeders, and wheel bearings and seals drooley.gif
BigDBass
Calipers are expected to arrive tomorrow. I should be good-to-go. My buddy from St.Pete FL is hopefully flying up for the weekend as well so I am getting my hopes way up there for a fun fun pre-fatherhood weekend! beer.gif

( ninja.gif icon_bump.gif )
sk8kat1
ARRGGGHHHH !!! mad.gif

I think mty TPS is going out on me!! --- anyone got any good hints if there anythings to watch out for if I end up replacing it?
mikelsr
I won't be able to make it (sigh...) My 914 still has an electrical problem, a broken shock, etc. I could drive the Boxster but my back isn't up for the drive (one of the reasons my 914 isn't working properly). I thought it would have been by now. Sorry.
736conver
7 days left just got another email from another possible attendee.

Dont forget bring your own beverage.

Also who here thinks they are going to bring items for swap/sale. Just trying to get an idea for a layout.
wbergtho
I'll be driving my V-8 car...probably won't bring any parts (both trunks are taken over). See ya in a week!

Bill
gopack
Well, it looks like work has screwed me over again. I will probably be stuck in MI for the entire weekend, but if I do by some slim lucky event get done Friday, I will still be there with my wife, but without a 914. I will bring a german car, but a boring one! Keep the good thoughts for a short work week everyone, and I hope I will be there!
GaroldShaffer
Julie & I will be there. I might have a few small parts to bring.
sk8kat1

MUST ...GET .....NEW ...TPS ...INSTALLED!!!!! blink.gif headbang.gif smash.gif
BigDBass
My brakes are almost done. Bleeding lines tonight and then hopefully I can give a it workout locally over the next couple days and feel confident enough to take the 2.5 hour ride to WI...
Dave-O
Does anybody have a good PCV valve around that they could bring. The disk in mine is cracked leading to an intermittent high idle. Will exchange for beer.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Dave-O @ Jun 14 2006, 06:39 PM) *

Does anybody have a good PCV valve around that they could bring. The disk in mine is cracked leading to an intermittent high idle. Will exchange for beer.gif

I will look in my stash of parts.
BigDBass
I have a 9:30AM slot at the local VW shop to replace my rear flex brake lines and take a look at the as yet unidentified grinding in the front.

The owner has a Ford V8 914 Chalon on the premises so I am hopeful that he has a clue, even if he's lacking in taste smile.gif Cross your fingers, gang.

Also, don't miss the WI/IL Gathering caravan thread.
736conver
QUOTE(BigDBass @ Jun 15 2006, 01:22 PM) *

I have a 9:30AM slot at the local VW shop to replace my rear flex brake lines and take a look at the as yet unidentified grinding in the front.

The owner has a Ford V8 914 Chalon on the premises so I am hopeful that he has a clue, even if he's lacking in taste smile.gif Cross your fingers, gang.

Also, don't miss the WI/IL Gathering caravan thread.

Dan

I betcha he will get it done in a hour or less. The right tools make all the difference.

My 3.2 is waiting for it brothers. 2 days left.

Click to view attachment
736conver
Lookin to be a hot one on Saturday, possible 90's. To those who might be bringing kids. My 5 year old daughter will be playing in the sprinker so feel free to have them bring their swimsuits and also play in the water.
BigDBass
I think I can. I think I can. I think I can.
aircooledboy
QUOTE(736conver @ Jun 16 2006, 09:52 AM) *

Lookin to be a hot one on Saturday, possible 90's. To those who might be bringing kids. My 5 year old daughter will be playing in the sprinker so feel free to have them bring their swimsuits and also play in the water.

Going to repair the high pressure line for the AC right now. thumb3d.gif

See y'all tomorrow. aktion035.gif
theman352001
No go on the 914. Can't seem to get it running and I don't know what the problem is.

See you all tomorrow.

bjorn jacobson
Well, looks like I'll be replacing the alternator in my Jeep instead of getting to meet everyone. This sucks!

Hopefully this turns out to be an annual event. If so, next year I'll be there with the 914.

Hope everyone has a tone of fun and safe travels.

Bjorn
theman352001
What is this??? Alternator in a jeep?? Should take all of about 30 minutes. Plenty of time to hang out with the 914 crew. So what if you don't bring the car. It would still be good to get together and look over those whose cars are in running condition.

See you tomorrow. beerchug.gif
ChicagoPete
Brian,

Thank you for organizing and hosting a wonderful afternoon event. Nice to see and meet everyone.

Very nicely done and much appreciated!

Peter
BigDBass
Just got home.

What a blast! Thanks a ton to both Brian and his wife for their hospitality.

Now I'm gonna join my wife in our neighbor's pool biggrin.gif
porschegal
Everybody,

It was a pleasure meeting you all! Thank you to Brian and his family for hosting the event! I certainly had a great time!

Here's a link to my photos of the event. If it doesn't work for some reason, let me know.

Shauna

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/shauna93/alb...una93/my_photos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.