Pages: 1, 2, 3
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(BigDBass @ May 24 2006, 03:12 PM) *

In my dreams: Ford GT40 Mk-I.
IPB Image

Hopefully one day: Ghia convertible.
If my neighbor ever sells it: VW Thing.

Good choice. I was going to put up this same pic, but I thought he asked for

non-porsche Vintage cars, thats a new one.
smoke.gif
SGB
All my favorites are showing up...
So.Cal.914
I didn't see one of these posted and they were gods when I was a youngster.

Challenger 426 Hemi, to fast for publication. smiley_notworthy.gif pray.gif
914rrr
Quite a few of the mid-late 60's and early 70's concept cars, which the Pantera kinda-sorta fits in.
Drove my brother in-laws brother's Pantera part way back from a restoration shop in Ohio. Ear to ear grin for days afterwards!
Personal fave was Lambo Miura.

...and the new one
GaroldShaffer
1978 Dodge Lil Red Express truck - some day........
1977 Pontiac Special edtion Trans Am (Bandit Edition) with the Y82 package drooley.gif
914rrr
Afffordably, I'd like another crack at an Aztec-7. Sad story of it's demise...Aztec-7 Car-B-Q The Aztec-7 used a Miura windshield.

It was based on a Alfa Romeo Carabo 60's concept car by Bertone.
Eric_Shea
SLITS and Dan nailed it... GT40 is untouchable as my alternate.
jimtab
No pics but I've always thought the 1959 Ferrari Testa Rossa with the pontoon fenders and cutouts was pure sex...gt40 mk1...oh HELL yes...as far as that goes I'd like that white lotus from the early pics, not sturdy but boy do those suckers handle....mmmmm
D1A3
Here's my vote.... Still within "reason"

Click to view attachment

If I have to go cheap...

Click to view attachment

Or maybe something like this...

Click to view attachment
rcrgrl
what is that ferrari - a lusso, or a dino?
BigDBass
I like this thread smile.gif
D1A3
Top one is a Fiat Dino 246, middle one is an Alfa 2600 Spider and the bottom one is a Fiat Dino 2400 Spider.

Remember, Ferrari built the Dino, but they were sold under Fiat's name. Kind of like our teeners, only the Italian version!
i love porsche
add another one to the list of the pantera GT-5, sooo gorgeous!!!!

ive also been in love with these

or one of these beautiful audis...

i seem to have a weakness for rallye cars burnout.gif
rcrgrl
QUOTE(D1A3 @ May 24 2006, 09:32 PM) *

Top one is a Fiat Dino 246, middle one is an Alfa 2600 Spider and the bottom one is a Fiat Dino 2400 Spider.

Remember, Ferrari built the Dino, but they were sold under Fiat's name. Kind of like our teeners, only the Italian version!

thank you! knew i knew it, couldn't place it. i hate that!
D1A3
OK, now that I'm thinking about it, I'm getting bummed....

Ferrari builds the Dino's, they sold as FIATS! They are worth a small fortune today.

Panterrra puts a Ford Cleveland engine in the car. It's hot and worth a few bucks today.

Porsche puts a VW engine in the 914. You can buy one today for the same price as when it was new...

Must be an Italian thing... blink.gif
Gustl
QUOTE(D1A3 @ May 25 2006, 06:32 AM) *

the Dino 246 wasn't sold as a Fiat - they created a new brand called Dino
later versions were sold as Ferrari Dino 246

IPB Image IPB Image IPB Image

only the Spider on the bottom (also available as a Coupe and with a 2600 engine) was sold by Fiat - because it was a Fiat with a Dino engine

IPB Image

wavey.gif Gustl
eg914
My non-Porsche vintage pick would be a VW type 3 ghia. So shoot me, I love the smell of an air cooled engine, and am attracted to odd cars. I had a Variant that was a blast to drive.
bernbomb914
There are so many that I lust for but I would Like to have the one that got away that I owned back in 63. It was a AC Aceca Bristol with a stage 2 motor. sold it for $3600 because it would not haul my four kids. DAMN

Bernie
motorhead
Sunbeam Tiger, or if I hit the lottery, Ferarri Dino or T/R.
URY914
Being somewhat realistic here, I'd take a 2002 Tii if I could n't have my 914.
I also like a VW Type III notchback. British and Jap sports cars do nothing for me.
aveale
1973 BMW 2002 TII Fast Back.

No question.

maxwelj
IPB Imagefor non-racing, 1953 Studebaker StarLiner
for vintage racing, TR-3
balljoint
Okay, within reason.

IPB Image

And then not so within reason. How about a nice classic Avro Arrow.

IPB Image
Tobra
Oh, I don't know, I could go on and on
lapuwali
I agree with Gustl on the Dino question. The Dino 206/246 was a Ferrari, sold as a Dino. The FIAT Dino coupe was a FIAT (built and sold by), only the engine was a Ferrari design, essentially the same as the one in the 246. I note that the original 308 was also a Dino, but they eventually dropped the whole Dino idea, rebadged the 308 as a Ferrari, and thus the whole 308/328/348/355/360 line of Ferrari V8s was born.

Now that FIAT owns the entire Italian auto industry, the question is rather moot.

Tobra, the E-type is sexy-looking, but the car is actually complete crap. This is doubly true of the later V12 cars. Handling is rather ponderous, and working on the car is a hideous experience. Anyone who complains about Porsche prices would be gob-smacked by Jag prices.

i love porsche
QUOTE(URY914 @ May 25 2006, 05:15 AM) *

Being somewhat realistic here, I'd take a 2002 Tii if I could n't have my 914.
I also like a VW Type III notchback. British and Jap sports cars do nothing for me.

that 2002 there looks like it has the turbo fenders..but its probably just aftermarket

my dad had a 2002 when he was younger, he always talks about that car and how much fun it was...an encounter with a deer on some pennsylvania roads totalled it though...
mikelsr
I'd have to go back to my roots - Dodge man... '71 Hemi cuda (but this one went for $4.1M)

IPB Image
drewvw

Oh, I don't know, I could go on and on

I agree...its just fun to have a thread where you post pics of cars you think are great

like the early saab sonnetts
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(balljoint @ May 25 2006, 09:29 AM) *

Okay, within reason.

IPB Image

And then not so within reason. How about a nice classic Avro Arrow.

IPB Image

Ok.. if we are going to go to airplanes......

Porsche Rescue
Reasonable $ be damned........I want one of these. I remember woking in my uncle's gas station in the late 50's when one stopped for a tank of "ethyl". Never forget the sight of the driver's door opening and the guy climbing out. The sound as he drove away was music. Made my '50 Ford coupe seem primitive. Given my $2.00 hour wage the SL was a bit out of reach. Even further out of reach today!
TravisNeff
favorite non-porsche car that is in roughly the same price group...
STL914
Any one of many cars from this St. Louis showplace:

http://www.fastlanecars.com/

The prices for these cars do not seem unrealistic.
tat2dphreak
ghia 'vert, late 60s vette, shelby cobra, any 911
Toast
drooley.gif
Toast
No, wait.............
zymurgist
Fisher Fury. I saw one of these at Carlisle last weekend. The example I saw had a Hayabusa engine/tranny, resulting in a curb weight of just 960 pounds. There aren't too many cars that can make a 914 look bloated!

Oops... just checked the thread title and it clearly says "vintage." The Fury is still in production. OK, for "vintage" it's gotta be a chrome bumper ('68-'72) Stingray convertible with a big block and 4-speed.
rcrgrl
like i said - who can pick just one? and yeah this isn't reasonable at all.
Click to view attachment
Toast
Actually my favorites are a 57 Chevy pickup, an 77 Trans Am, a 69 Dodge Charger SS, and a 66 Shelby GT350!
drooley.gif
drewvw

I saw that car at the ralph lauren exhibit....great ride.
Toast
QUOTE(rcrgrl @ May 25 2006, 11:21 AM) *

like i said - who can pick just one? and yeah this isn't reasonable at all.
Click to view attachment

I was gonna post that one next, but didn't want to start getting carried away. laugh.gif
Toast
QUOTE(drewvw @ May 25 2006, 11:34 AM) *

I saw that car at the ralph lauren exhibit....great ride.

You should have seen the ones that I posted at the Ralph Lauren also. Those are his rides. :itmustbenice:
ruddyboys
The ultimate sports car aktion035.gif
BigDBass
QUOTE(ruddyboys @ May 25 2006, 01:42 PM) *
The ultimate sports car aktion035.gif

Alright, you might be on to something with that one! drooley.gif
rcrgrl
QUOTE(Toast @ May 25 2006, 11:34 AM) *

I was gonna post that one next, but didn't want to start getting carried away. laugh.gif

nah, get carried away, get carried away!! boldblue.gif
Tobra
The Mach 5!

Actually, I think it is a rebodied mustang
Tobra
I know the E type jags had terrible electrical, Dad had a '72 V-12 car that was a hoot to drive, 70 mph in first. Overboosted power steering, tiny boot, transmission would get hot, top leaked, still a great car.

Did not even think about American Iron, love the wing cars
Nick
I also like fast trucks. There a a couple of these with 24 liter merlin engines in them. That must be fun!
Nick
This always looked right to be as well:

zymurgist
QUOTE(Tobra @ May 25 2006, 03:42 PM) *

The Mach 5!

Actually, I think it is a rebodied mustang

It was a rebodied C4 Corvette. I saw it in the Petersen Museum in L.A. a few years back.
J P Stein
Hummm.....can't decide
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.