Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What would you pay for a Perfect, Mint 914/4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
seanery
Vortex, more pics!....Isn't that what this place is all about?!
vortrex
justin...

deman are the ones who did this orange car.

the pics are kinda big and resizing doesn't do the car justice. if you want to see them grab 914-6 zip file
Brad Roberts
Interesting that Deman used a rear sway bar on the car (with old bushings) LOL.. new ones are white. I used to sell parts to Rick quite a bit back in the early/mid 90's. He put his Yellow car up for sale right after the Excellence feature.

B
JeffBowlsby
B you're quite a CW after all...I had lost all hope...

Don't the euro lenses (on a USA car) just make you shudder?

wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Jeff,

Attend a Concourse with me some time. After seeing so many 914's built with incorrect parts.. you learn to appreciate STOCK.

I walked up to Dean Vanni's 914/6 at the Monterrey Historics and told him he had the wrong dash in the car (grain pattern was incorrect for a 1970 914) He wasnt happy ("but I bought it new from Porsche"... he said)

I know what it takes to do one "correct"

The EURO lenses dont really bother me considering the red ones are/where NLA.

Dont EVER ask me to pick a car apart (visually+verbally)

B
vortrex
well I'd buy the orange 914-6 and swap out the bushings. LOL.
Mark Henry
I think (almost sure) this 914-6 was for sale on evil-bay not too long ago. I don't know if it sold or not. Montreal is about a 3hr drive from here, been many times, cool place.
vortrex
yes it was for sale on ebay. it did not make the reserve but sold sometime after that.
JeffBowlsby
Attend a Concourse with me some time. After seeing so many 914's built with incorrect parts.. you learn to appreciate STOCK.

Thats a great idea Brad and I think you should offer a session at the next Concours for anyone interested. I am sure you would have several people interested in a BR pre-judging judging. We have much to learn...
tjkrueger
I purchased the Orange 914-6 from Montreal. This is my first 914. I purchased it for less than what was posted and got an extra set of Fuchs with track tires and a racing seat too. Some of the cars I had looked at were $10-15k and poorly restored. I'm happy with my purchase and I feel it can only go up in value.

Where can I get the correct sway bar mounts?
vortrex
you're a lucky man. let me know if you want to sell it!

I think brad was somewhat kidding about the swaybar bushings, you will be fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.