Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Replica 914-6 GT Double Grilled Engine Lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Member Vendors
Pages: 1, 2, 3
PCA7GGR
FS: 914-6 GT Double Engine Grill
Replica of the original double grilled 914-6GT engine lid. It is made with original grill material. The cross brace can be lighten or removed (your choice - the lid is a bit more structurally rigid if the cross brace is only lightened - with the cross brace removed, the lid is lighter but the lid tends to flex and may not fit flush against the trunk when closed). The latch and torsion bars are left intact. The lids are painted semi-gloss black (similar to satin black).

The lid is $500 with a core lid (or $550 without a core) plus shipping/packing - cash, cashiers check or Paypal (add 3% for Paypal) from you. Your core lid(s)/grill(s) needs to be in very nice condition (lid has minimal coats of paint, no dents, nor rust and the mesh on grill has no holes nor deformities). If you are providing a stock lid(s)/grill(s), you are responsible for their packing/shipping to me. You can use the box that I send your GT lid in and, upon receipt and if in usable condition, I will refund $50.

More pics and info available upon request, Thanks

Sergio
(sgmeza-at-sbcglobal.net)
djm914-6
Any other pictures? what kind of grill material?
EdwardBlume
I'm fairly sure its two stock lids welded together.
PCA7GGR
Rob is correct, I do use two stock grills. But they are not welded together, They are attached in a similar fashion as the original with speed nuts and the addition of pop rivets.
PCA7GGR
Here is a close up picture of a section of the lid:
Brando
do you also have an extended rain guard thingie like the stock decklid has, or do we have to somehow fabricate our own?
Mueller
no rain guard !!!!

the purpose of this lid is to improve cooling (which it does)

nice quality work if I may add, I don't have one, but I picked one up for a customer and was pleased with the lid.
PCA7GGR
Mike, thanks for the kudos. The grills are still available.
6fahrer
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 20 2004, 05:21 PM)

the purpose of this lid is to improve cooling (which it does)

nice quality work if I may add, I don't have one, but I picked one up for a customer and was pleased with the lid.

agree.gif I also bought one of Sergio's 914-6 GT style grills. I have it on my 6 and it is a nice piece of work; well pleased with it. I wouldn't hesitate to suggest it to others for several reasons, most important being cooling (of course), but it also looks great. Indeed, kudos to Sergio!
agree.gif
71six
Sergio,
Are your GT engine grills still available? What is the cost? Is the cost for one outright or do we need to supply a core grill? What forms of payment do you accept?
Thanks
Mark
mack914
Received my GT grill/engine lid to day. Looks great, thanks Sergio, your the man. As my car comes together I will post some pictures of my 6 conversion and your lid.

Thanks,
Mack aktion035.gif aktion035.gif
Randal
Sergio does great work. You can check out his engine lid on my car.

Now I just need to try it with my new oil cooler setup at the track.
PCA7GGR
Just make a couple of more of my GT grills. They are packed and ready to ship.
boxstr
Sergio Are you still looking for grills?
CCLINPD
PCA7GGR
CCLINPD,

Currently, I have plenty of grills and lids. But, I am open to offers that would involve one or several of my GT lids.
Dion
Just wanted to add to this forum,that I recieved a GT lid from Sergio and it is first rate. Fit perfectly, went on in minutes. It just completes the look for my 2.0 with steel flares. Great job Sergio. Talk soon.
Cheers,Dion smilie_pokal.gif
JmuRiz
OK Dion....you baited me....now we have to see a pic of your car!!!
PCA7GGR
Yeah, I'm waiting to see a picture of his car too. He is probably going to have me wait until June when I go out there for the Porsche Parade.
Dion
Gentlemen, I would love to share a pic of my pride and joy,but as I keep spending money on her I've yet to join the digital age. I'll have to borrow a dig camera or buy a scanner. Sergio, I'll try not too wait that long to procure one. Nathan- Nice collection. I also have a Audi A6 Avant and a 92 VW GTI.
Cheers all,Dion
Senator Baker

QUOTE (PCA7GGR @ Feb 6 2005, 05:53 AM)
Just make a couple of more of my GT grills. They are packed and ready to ship.

Where or who can I buy a GT Grill?
PCA7GGR
I was able to get a large stock of grills. So, I have several GT lids made and ready to ship.

Asking price?

cool.gif
PCA7GGR
Please read intitial posting for pricing.
jim_hoyland
When you install the GT grill, do you change the two side solid pieces at either end of the front part--the sides ? Maybe a picture of how it turns out would help
PCA7GGR
Jim,

You just change the lid. It is held on at the front by two 10mm bolts.
jim_hoyland
I am asking about the pieces to the right and left of the grill up against the glass and alonside the pillar . I'll take a picture later.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Jan 7 2006, 07:44 AM)
I am asking about the pieces to the right and left of the grill up against the glass and alonside the pillar . I'll take a picture later.

those arent removeable... theyre part of the body.

afik... the GT cars had the double griller, AND that solid area which you speak of jim. just the lids was changed
jim_hoyland
Thanks Aaron, went over to Joe's and looked at his. Bringing my new grill over to Bar-B-Que saturday to install if it doesn't rain.
PCA7GGR
My replica GT lids are still available.
PCA7GGR
I am now making my replica GT lids with or without the cross brace. When left in, the cross brace lis lightened via a series of holes.
PCA7GGR
What a great XMas gift.
carreraguy
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Nov 5 2006, 11:51 AM) *

What a great XMas gift.

Sergio:
I'm interested in the cross brace delete option - email sent.
Later,
ppickerell
Sergio,
Sent you an email. I would like to get my lid done or buy/exchange.
RSWannabe
Sergio,

I would like to buy a GT grill without the cross brace. Do you have any available right now? Please call or email.

Brooke
(206) 963-9057
bstabbert@westwater.com
dr914@autoatlanta.com
Yes a nice piece. The factory 916 double grille is actually cruder! The german chicken wire really looks cheap and it is installed with screws!
PCA7GGR
George,

I agree, the factory ones were inddeed an odd assortment that were made with what they had on had at the time. A few years back when Porsche was the featured marque at the Monterey Historics, there were six factory GTs - each lid was different and some indeed were a bit rough.
PCA7GGR
I was able to get a stock of grills. I have GT lids with and without the lightened cross-brace made and realy to ship.

Sergio
spaceshuttle
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Oct 12 2003, 11:07 AM) *

FS: 914-6 GT Double Engine Grill
Replica of the original double grilled 914-6GT engine lid. It is made with original grill material. The cross brace can be lighten or removed (your choice - the lid is a bit more structurally rigid if the cross brace is only lightened - with the cross brace removed, the lid is lighter but the lid tends to flex and may not fit flush against the trunk when closed). The latch and torsion bars are left intact. The lids are painted semi-gloss black (similar to satin black).

The lid is $300 plus shipping/packing - cash, cashiers check or Paypal (add 3% for Paypal). I discount a bit if you have stock engine lid(s) and/or grill(s) to exchange. Your core lid(s)/grill(s) needs to be in very nice condition (lid has minimal coats of paint, no dents, nor rust and the mesh on grill has no holes nor deformities). If you are providing a stock lid(s)/grill(s), you are responsible for their packing/shipping to me.

More pics and info available upon request, Thanks

Sergio
(sgmeza-at-sbcglobal.net)

Received Sergio's product a couple of weeks ago.
Very pleased with it.

Larry Caulder
PCA7GGR
Larry,

Thanks for the positive feedback.

Sergio
PCA7GGR
Gentlemen,

I'm still making them if you are in need (or want) one. Thanks

Sergio
spaceshuttle
Just received my second GT Grill from Sergio and once again, I was not dissappointed.
Thanks Serg,
Larry Caulder
mack914-6
Hi Sergio,
No one has sent in a picture of your grill work. Here is how it looks on 914-6 conversion. Carbon fiber rear lid sets it off.

Mack
budman5201
Sergio, i have my original lid, can i get one of yours? and can i see a pic of it before i by it? Do you take paypal and is there any discount if i send you my original lid back in the same box when you send it to me?
thanks,
Chris

Price? + shipping to Chandler, az 85224?
PCA7GGR
I've started making a very light weight version of the GT lid -
no cross-brace/hinges/latch/torsion bars. Mounts racer style with pins.
seanery
Sergio, I'd like one with no crossbrace. Ship to will be 46219.

thanks!
-sean
mack914-6
Hi Sergio,
Here is a couple of picks of your grillwork and how nice it looks for all you 914 guys who are thinking about a GT grill.
mack914-6
Pictures seem clear enough that you can see the contrast with the carbon fiber lid.
seanery
These things are very sweet! Nicely done, well packed, quick shipped. thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif
jgara962
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Aug 22 2008, 07:49 AM) *

I've started making a very light weight version of the GT lid -
no cross-brace/hinges/latch/torsion bars. Mounts racer style with pins.

What is the price? Do you have any pictures? It sounds cool!
PCA7GGR
"Racers" GT lid: now available:
No cross brace/torsion bars/hinges/latches - weight down to 8.8lbs.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.