Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CV joints/boots and all
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Randal
I'm going to replace all my cv joints and all the hardware (bolts, etc.) except the half shafts.

What are the best replacement parts and where should I get them?

Thanks.

Randal
wertygrog
popcorn[1].gif
Dr Evil
As far as I know the CV joints are NLA. Many have been forced to get creative with using 944, 911, VW axles. I bet Eric Shea could hook you up with what you need biggrin.gif
McMark
Randal, contact Mike Mueller to set you up with everything you need.
John
Buy 914-6 complete axles (with CV joints) while you still can.

Otherwise, there are VW CV's that fit the 914-4 axle shaft splines. Those need 2 holes redrilled for the pins.

Boots and bolts could be had at most of the typical suspects. (I heard that Dr. Evil sells bolts)
McMark
agree.gif Get Dr. Evil's drilled bolts for safety wire.
Mueller
Randal,

I have modified brand new Type I CV's for my 914..so far 0 miles on them but I have spoken to someone running the same units on his V8 914 with no problems.

You could do the 944 CV joint upgrade (larger diameter), however I think you'll need some special parts (SirAndy knows what is what)

more Mickey Mouse Engineering from Mueller smile.gif
DNHunt
Looks like you might have a good gig there Mike. Everyone will need those eventually. I remember working out in the garage when the kids were napping. Oh please sleep a little longer. How are the girls? I bet they are really growing

Dave
Dr Evil
Ah, it was Mueller that I was thinking about. He is good too wink.gif
Randal
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Aug 1 2006, 12:57 AM) *

Otherwise, there are VW CV's that fit the 914-4 axle shaft splines. Those need 2 holes redrilled for the pins.

Boots and bolts could be had at most of the typical suspects. (I heard that Dr. Evil sells bolts)

Say I was able to find a set of 914-6 complete axles. Anything required before bolting them up?

Thanks.

Randal
Randal
QUOTE(Mueller @ Aug 1 2006, 08:19 AM) *

Randal,

I have modified brand new Type I CV's for my 914..so far 0 miles on them but I have spoken to someone running the same units on his V8 914 with no problems.

You could do the 944 CV joint upgrade (larger diameter), however I think you'll need some special parts (SirAndy knows what is what)

more Mickey Mouse Engineering from Mueller smile.gif

Calling Andy, Calling Andy...

What do you have to do to the 944 CV's to make them work Andy???

Thanks,

Randal
McMark
944 five lug conversion:

Part III
Part II

I can't find part I.
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(JOHNMAN @ Aug 1 2006, 12:57 AM) *

914-6 CV joints have been NLA for DECADES. If you found some, you'd also need the axle shafts. The Cap'n
Aaron Cox
how much HP?

944 axle setup is simple...

pre 74 911 hubs, 944/951 stubs, 944 cv, modified 914 axle, 944cv, 915 coarse spline output flanges from a 75-77? iirc...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.