Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Montebello (lapuwali) is in bad shape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
JeffBowlsby
James...its not your time yet. We will keep hope alive....and we will have a 914 party in your honor as soon as you are able.
bondo
For those of you who may not have been around here long enough to come to appreciate James, here is a recent example of his contributions: Oxygen Sensors

Get well soon James!
grantsfo
Sending prayers your way James. Hang in there.
boxstr
I just had a few emails with James on Mini mokes. He is a great resource.
I am really sorry to read this. I feel like I really know him.

Craig C. laughlin
Dr Evil
Crap, James is definetly one of the ones that I would like to be more like.

I hope he gets well soon, let us all know if/when we can do something.
jhadler
I'm stunned... sad.gif

Nothing but good thoughts to you and your familly.

If someone is going to collect money for flowers or anything else, please let us know.

-Josh2
rick 918-S
Very sad news. Hoping for a positive update. huh.gif
echocanyons
Pull through this James!

Our thoughts are with you.
DonTraver
Bummer, all my best, so sorry to hear about this.
Don't know what else to say.

Take Care, Don
Twystd1
I don't remember feeling this much for a man I have never met...

He is in Gods hands now....

No matter the end result...

Thanks lapuwali for all you have given me and to all the people you have touched

Twystd1

Hoss
Hate seeing news like this when signing on to the forum typically means that posts by lapuwali are educational and fun. It just reminds me that for all the enjoyment cars can seem to bring, it is always the characters behind them that are the real deal.

I have never met James, but he is in my prayers tonight. God speed.
scruz914
Man, I log in to check things out after being away for several weeks to read this. I had the pleasure of meeting James at a breakfast and have enjoyed his posts. Hopefully he can pull through this and make a healthy comeback.

-Jeff
shaggy
Oh man...

i hope everything turns out well..
hope he makes a quick and full recovery..

sad.gif

-jim
maf914
I never met him, but James seems to be a geat guy. I always enjoy his posts. He has my best wishes.
elwood-914
Has a gift of writing. Seems like a great guy too.
Eric_Shea
I've set up a PayPal donation fund. I looked through the thread and didn't see one yet. I hope it's appropriate.

Let's get some flowers and if the family needs more help with our nations lovely insurance system maybe we could help with the rest of the money going toward that.

Please friends, give as James has given to you:

IPB Image
bondo
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2006, 07:59 AM) *

I've set up a PayPal donation fund. I looked through the thread and didn't see one yet. I hope it's appropriate.

Let's get some flowers and if the family needs more help with our nations lovely insurance system maybe we could help with the rest of the money going toward that.

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_...charset=UTF%2d8

(not pretty but it works, maybe I could get some admin help with adding some html code... doesn't seem to take)

Looks fine to me, thanks for doing this! Donation sent.
gklinger
sad.gif Terrible news. James is one of the most knowledgeable guys in the (non)club. He's in my thoughts. Donation sent (thanks Eric).
Randal
We are all looking forward to your speedy recovery James.
seanery
Best wishes for a quick & full recovery hands.gif
J P Stein
Something like this has happened to a couple of my friends.....and that is way too many. One fully recovered and the other is in process....a slow process as the brain rewires it's self. I can only pray that James has the same ...luck, cause that's what it is.
Mark Henry
OMG! Just saw this!

Get well James!
Gint
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2006, 08:59 AM) *

IPB Image

(not pretty but it works, maybe I could get some admin help with adding some html code... doesn't seem to take)

Howzat?

I'm very sorry to hear this news. I do hope James gets better soon. Anyone have an update?
QUOTE(RoadGlue @ Aug 18 2006, 04:37 PM) *

This just came down through the Fiat pipeline. I don't have any more information than this... Let's keep him and his loved ones in our prayers.

"James Montebello had something break inside his head
yesterday evening. He is in a coma in Mills and
it don't look too good. Seems like brain stem damage..

I'm not sure how many of you know him, but he is one
of the good people of the world, so put all your powers
into helping him here."

Does anyone else here have more information?

This is terrible. sad.gif

Don't know him - but wish him the best!
Eric_Shea
Thanks Gint...
Carl
That's a shocker ... best wishes for a speedy recovery.
Dr Evil
For at least the next 10 sets of CV bolts I sell, ALL proceeds will go to James's fund. He has bailed me out MANY times and I know how to appreciate the tactfully intellectual biggrin.gif
RoadGlue
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 19 2006, 07:59 AM) *

IPB Image

Thank you for taking the time to set that up. It works great as-is.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Gint @ Aug 19 2006, 10:32 AM) *

Anyone have an update?

agree.gif anyone?

sad.gif Andy
jsteele22

Wow, a big shock. When I started reading the thread, I was hoping this was some kind of sick joke, or a big mistake. Sounds like that ain't the case. lapuwali, we're all pulling for you.
fiid
Hey all,

I just got a call from James' wife Susan. He had an anneurysm that popped in his head on Thursday night. It seems it was all over at this point. I believe he is still on life support, but he is not expected to recover.

Sorry to not have better news. James is an extemely bright chap, I'm honored to be able to call him a friend. This is very sad news indeed.

Fiid.

(edited a couple of times)
drewvw

wow I just saw this now. James, please hang in there and get better....
lotus_65
$$

ยข

get well soon, james.
McMark
I was thinking aneurysm. I had a good friend in high school who popped one on the way to early morning science class. Her's had to have surgery and caused short term memory loss for a few years. It was trippy to see her in the hospital and would do the exact same thing 3 or 4 times but not remember each time. An aneurysm is a scary thing because you never know when it'll go and you probably never know you have one until it goes. sad.gif

Get well soon James!
jonwatts
Just reading this now... Brain Aneurysm Basics

Bruce Allert
I am sad
I am sorry...
Praying for you and yours James.

.....b
tiim5
I just got home from the hospital visiting James. fiid, Susan was on the phone with you when I arrived.

James was on life support, he wlll be removed from the life support system.

Susan expressed her deep gratitude for all the kind words she has received from his friends.

She was moved by how richly James was loved and admired.

She said when she is ready, she will appreciate assistance in moving his "914 stuff in the garage"

I told her we would be gladly assist when she is ready.

Susan was so gracious.

If I receive information about services I'll pass it on.

SirAndy
QUOTE(tiim5 @ Aug 19 2006, 04:05 PM) *

If I receive information about services I'll pass it on.

ohmy.gif i don't know what to say ...
elwood-914
He will be missed terribly on this board. I enjoyed all of his replies to everyone. He had a great way of bringing forth his wealth of knowledge.
DNHunt
Damn, I think I want to have a good cry. I will pray for some kind of miracle, peace and comfort for the family and for James.

Dave
TINCAN914
Someone mentioned a collection for flowers, family financial assistance. My Prayersrs to James and his family...

I have never had the chance to meet James, let alone most people on this board, but I can't help but feel I have lost a friend.
Eric_Shea
James,

I hope you're felling better now. It is us for whom we cry and ache now. It is Susan for whom we pray now. You're soon to be in a better place.

We'll really miss you bud. It will not be the same around here without you. Thanks for taking care of my brother without batting an eye. We never met but I imagine that's the type of person you were... thanks for all your help around here too.

I hope to meet up with you some day. Maybe we can share a laugh about all of this.

Godspeed James. Godspeed.
Eric_Shea
Please donate... the button is on page 4.
Dr Evil
Life is truley unfair. I am glad to have corresponded with you at least, James. Thanks for all of you help and your presence around here.

Angry + Sad. Gotta weep now.
JoeSharp
Excuse me. I'm having a hard time trying to put this together.
I can't think of even 10 of us that have the knowlage that Mr. Montebello carried and shared with us. I am deeply sadened by this event.
Susan, I'm sorry that I have not had the pleaasure of meeting you or James.
I will surely miss James as I am sure that my brothers and sisters here will also.
DAMN, I'm losing a HERO.
Joe Sharp
jonwatts

Praying for a miracle.

I'm crushed.
Lou W
I am so sorry to hear the updates, I will continue to pray for his family.
gregrobbins
Not the news I wanted to hear.

I got to meet James at the Bay Area Breakfast last month. Sure glad I had the chance to meet him in person.

Bay area teeners are a great crowd. Look after Susan and let the rest of us know what we can do to help.

Sad beyond words.
fiid
QUOTE(jonwatts @ Aug 19 2006, 04:27 PM) *

Praying for a miracle.

I'm crushed.

Nothing sums up how I feel better than this. I just don't know what to say.

type47fan
Our collective, conscious life is truly a gift not to be taken for granted. . .it can be over in an instant. Such a very, very sad and sudden turn for the family and for all of us. I only knew him from his posts and yet I'm devastated.

Prayers and best wishes . . . .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.