Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: James Montebello (lapuwali) is in bad shape
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
RoadGlue
This just came down through the Fiat pipeline. I don't have any more information than this... Let's keep him and his loved ones in our prayers.

"James Montebello had something break inside his head
yesterday evening. He is in a coma in Mills and
it don't look too good. Seems like brain stem damage..

I'm not sure how many of you know him, but he is one
of the good people of the world, so put all your powers
into helping him here."

Does anyone else here have more information?

This is terrible. sad.gif
StratPlayer
Wow,, I hope this isn't true. Damn he post here a lot, I don't know him personally but I sure hope that he is ok.
Brett W
Yeah this sucks if it is real. He has been around since the Porschelist days.
TonyAKAVW
Oh crap! He's got to be one of the top technical resources on this board!
Never met him in person but would like to some day.

I'm definitely sending good thoughts that way, hoping to hear some good news.

-Tony
RoadGlue
I'm trying to get more info from the Fiat crowd. I'll pass on any additional information I can get. *sigh*
JoeSharp
James is one of the reason I go to the events up north. Really miss him at the gatherings.
Good Luck James.
Come back to us.
Joe
davep
This is bad news indeed. My thoughts are with him and his family.
elwood-914
NO! He's a great resoursce. He is smart and did not get down on you no matter how trivial your question was......praying sad.gif
bondo
That's awful news! I'm officially sending all my best positive thoughts in his direction!
iamchappy
I will keep you in my prayers brother fourteener.
Bleyseng
sad.gif

this is terrible news.!!

Hope James gets better and he is in my thoughts and prayers !

hands.gif
Lou W
I will keep him in my prayers
Midtowner
I am in shock. ohmy.gif

This is very sad news. Only met James a few times but he is a really nice guy. I'm sending my best thoughts to him for a hopeful recovery.
MattR
sad.gif

Sorry to hear it. Keep us updated.
Rotary'14
The guy IS a fountain of technical advice! Let's hope our good wishes and prayers will help him pull thru. My best wishes to his family,, I'm sure it's tough on them.

-Rob
drew365
Shocking news. I always knew when I looked at a reply from James I would learn something. I hope he fully recovers soon.
neo914-6
sad.gif
Eric_Shea
James is an awesome person. Major prayers for him.

Let's see if we can get a closer source and find out how we can help.

I hope this can turn into good news...

Bummed..... sad.gif
Mueller
That is terrible, James is a great guy, best wishes to him and his family...
gregrobbins
Got to meet and sit next to James at the last Bay Area breakfast. Very nice man and very knowledgable about our cars. Thoughts and prayers James.

Bay area people, keep us informed and let us kown if there is anything we can do for James and his family.
fiid
This is terrible. Him and his family are in our thoughts and wishes.
Greg Bell
My prayers go out to him and his family.
rickyhgarcia
This is so sad...and so sudden. He posted in the forums yesterday afternoon...

cooltimes
James is at the very top of the people I respect on here thru his technical data as well as his manners on the list. Our family in this 914-land are asking for James to recover so will the main MECHANIC in charge please look down and help James.
Thank you.

MikeCool
Jeroen
Hang in there James!
Good vibes coming your way
sixnotfour
agree.gif
God Bless....
914_1.8t
OMG....this is terrible news. sad.gif

I was looking forward to meeting him, he was supposed to stop by my place to pick up some parts today...my best wishes to him and his family.
carreraguy
James is a great guy; talked to him at more than one SF Bay Area breakfast. I'm sure the thoughts and prayers of all the Bay area folk are with him.
fiid
I just called the hospital and left my number for the family. The nurse said "he's going to be with us for a while", so sounds encouraging.
Allan
That is terrible news... sad.gif

All the positive thoughts I can muster up are heading his way...
So.Cal.914
Prayers sent on his behalf and his family.
Elliot_Cannon
QUOTE(fiid @ Aug 18 2006, 06:43 PM) *

I just called the hospital and left my number for the family. The nurse said "he's going to be with us for a while", so sounds encouraging.

When she said "he's going to with us for awhile." Did she mean with them in the hospital, or with us meaning "us all"?

Bad news. All the best to him and family. It sounds like this came all of a sudden without warning. Major bummer.
Jake Raby
Oh man...

Not the news I wanted to see when I opened up the forum.....

Prayers have begun
fiid
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 18 2006, 07:15 PM) *

QUOTE(fiid @ Aug 18 2006, 06:43 PM) *

When she said "he's going to with us for awhile." Did she mean with them in the hospital, or with us meaning "us all"?

My impression was with "us all".. but I did have exactly the same thought the second after I put the phone down....
mightyohm
This is very upsetting news. James is a pillar of the bay area community and a huge technical resource. I hope that some good news comes shortly. If there is anything I can do to help please let me know.
McMark
sad.gif James is right at the top of my People-I-Respect-Very-Much list. I hope it turns out okay. I'm anxious to hear more about what happened. Very troubling.

Get better soon, man!
DNHunt
James will be in my prayers.

Dave
JRust
Definately in my prayers! Hang in there James
Mrs. K
To James and family.........many many prayers and good vibes! thumb3d.gif

Hang in there James.......you will love reading all of these good wishes when you wake up! smile.gif

Lisa
mrs.K.gif
jonwatts
NO! This is terrible. James is such a great guy to be around. Very articulate, passionate, and SMART!

We have to send some flowers or something. If anybody is putting something together please PM or email me.

Hang in there, James. A lot of us are praying for you.

Thank you Randy, for letting us know.
wbergtho
I remember conversing with him on a number of occasions. Damn...am I bummed out to hear this. All my positive thoughts and energy is sent his way. Let's hope for a dramatic recovery! I've seen miracles happen before...
lotus_65
he has helped me a lot, i hope he recovers soon.

all my best.

paul
Trevorg7
wow. he is a very giving person. my families prayers are with him and his family.

T
tiim5
James is a rare individual, great intellect, generous and a gentleman.
a true renaissance man.
I will try to go by Mills tomorrow to check on him.
dion9146
hang in there James! we need more great FAQ's!!!! you are in our prayers!!!

Dion
Trekkor
James, get well soon.

Hang in there, buddy.

We need to send in the 914 Club visitor crowd. Where is he?

KT
Joe Bob
Yikes....my prayers from here in the Islands....
jonwatts
For those you that appreciate the man but maybe haven't met him, here he is at our July breakfast...

IPB Image
KELTY360
sad.gif Terrible news. I always read his posts carefully. Hoping for the best.
Aaron Cox
James,

my prayers are on their way for you. Hang in there, and come back to us smile.gif

AA
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.