Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chemical dipping vs. Sandblasting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Air_Cooled_Nut
Just came from my garage, looking at the work I have to do to my car and fantasizing about having the money for a dip... You know, a dip is a major undertaking compared to a blasting. I mean, you have to remove EVERYTHING! I don't mind doing electrical but having to remove the wiring harness...yeck! Then there's finding space for everything you pull and set aside -- I tell ya, I simply don't have the space unless I feel like putting my other car in danger and park it outside. Aside from cost, blasting has advantages, assuming the car doesn't need an entire refinishing.

And Brad, next time someone says something negative about dipping I'll send 'em yer way so you can tell 'em to --> stfu.gif
wink.gif
Brad Roberts
Thanks Toby... laugh.gif laugh.gif clap56.gif

Some of the young VW water cooled owners have a lot to learn.

You would also be surprised at how easy it is to remove the harness.

Getty the car apart is not a big issue.. putting it back together is another issue.

Oh.. it doesnt remove seam sealer (at least my guy's dont) we had to remove it all before it got dipped. They didnt want the seam sealer or undercoating in their tanks.

B
ChrisReale
That tub looks great. That is the way to do it right. i wished I had played my cards better before I jumped into my restoration. It turned out great, but I could have done more for a bit less if I hooked up with the bay area guys
maf914
Man, that tub is a beauty. That's for "blackie" isn't it?

Maybe one day... rolleyes.gif

Mike
Bigbohr
Another example ... from Metal Rehab in Dallas. Not mine ... YET!!! laugh.gif
Bigbohr
More ...
Bigbohr
For those who have dipped their car ... what do you think of this work? It's one of the shops I would consider.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.