Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: !!! NEW CLUB SERVER !!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
SirAndy
QUOTE(kellzey @ Nov 8 2003, 07:42 AM)
New problem...
search for all posts by a user displays results in an unusual order... it's not chronologically.

nope, old problem. never did that right ...

werking on the cookies. chowtime.gif
Andy
TimT
I just posted some stuff in the classifieds.

Photos arent displaying, and I got these error messages

Warning: Unable to create 'D:\inetpub\www.914world.com\classifieds\image\817.jpg': Permission denied in /var/www/html/classifieds/list.php on line 78

Warning: imagejpeg: unable to open 'D:\inetpub\www.914world.com\classifieds\image\thumb\817.jpg' for writing in /var/www/html/classifieds/common.php on line 167

Oh yea feel free to buy my stuff!!
Brad Roberts
This sucks. I cant help. The classifieds ar pointing to the old server for the pics.

B
SirAndy
QUOTE(TimT @ Nov 9 2003, 01:42 PM)
Photos arent displaying, and I got these error messages

FIXED!

the path was hardcoded instead of read out of a ini file.
i wonder who would do such thing? idea.gif

Andy
seanery
The "go to first unread message" arrows work now.
fiid
Well - you probably want to open port 25 for SMTP, 143 for IMAP, and I use some 900 series ports for IMAP and SMTP over SSL.

I would advise running Postfix for mail instead of sendmail. It is quite a lot more secure. I run sendmail because I have an older installation and I haven't got the balls or time to do a migration :-(.

I use the cyrus imap server for mail - which is really fast and works nicely with outlook express or any other imap client. I use it with mail stored on a "reiser" filesystem, which is super efficient - it is basically a database with a filesystem front-end. Reiser also stores files in sub-sector space - so large numbers of small files do not use exteremely large amounts of space like with other systems.

Using this system I am able to very quickly access mailboxes with in excess of 10000 messages, which are located on the server, and are accessible from clients running all over (I typically have a connection from work, office at home, garage, at the same time).

One you have a working imap and smtp server (oh - you can use pop from cyrus too), you can hook up the stuff at http://www.horde.org to run webmail. I have this set up on my home system, and it is providing address book and email functionality. Horde also had to-do and calendaring functionality, and will support authentication from the imap server, or ldap or other authentication.

This is a lot for one post, anyways - I can give you an account on my machine if you want to see how it's all setup, or walk you through the bits.
morgan
Not getting form email to me wwhen new topics come up
JM
SirAndy
QUOTE(morgan @ Nov 10 2003, 10:17 AM)
Not getting form email to me wwhen new topics come up
JM

yepp, werking on it ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Nov 10 2003, 10:03 AM)
... too much to quote ...

call me strange, but don't you think that's kinda overkill for a mailserver that only sends out notification emails to bbs users ?????

Andy
fiid
oh. right then.

mailserver != mailserver

Wasn't sure if you were going to set up @914world.com addresses and have it do webmail and stuff or if you just needed a relay.

If you just want a relay run postfix (and forget about everything else I said).
fiid
Oh - and make sure only the BBS can use it. Unless you are recieving mail - turn off external access to port 25.

Otherwise people can start abusing you as a spam relay which is bad juju.

Fiid.
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Nov 10 2003, 02:56 PM)
Oh - and make sure only the BBS can use it. Unless you are recieving mail - turn off external access to port 25.
Otherwise people can start abusing you as a spam relay which is bad juju.

but, that is not linux specific, is it? cool.gif

Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(fiid @ Nov 10 2003, 02:54 PM)
Wasn't sure if you were going to set up @914world.com addresses and have it do webmail and stuff or if you just needed a relay.

nope, no relaying involved here. plain simple outgoing mail ...

Andy
Part Pricer
Was anything changed on the server over the last few hours? It was working fine earlier. But, now it is extremely slow for me.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 10 2003, 04:56 PM)
Was anything changed on the server over the last few hours? It was working fine earlier. But, now it is extremely slow for me.

i noticed that too idea.gif
72914S
What happened to the antimation of the avitars? I didn`t change anything but now the good ones don`t move? Help
Barry
SirAndy
QUOTE(72914S @ Nov 11 2003, 04:45 AM)
What happened to the antimation of the avitars? I didn`t change anything but now the good ones don`t move? Help

one of the few times i can say:
that's NOT our fault!

delete your browser cache and see if that helps ...
Andy
morgan
Must be working just got this topic in my email
GREAT JOB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif
Brad Roberts
Some how several of the "features" your turned on or coded (Andy) are not working.. like the city/state thingy.

Also.. I had Jeroen remove the 914club USA pic from the front page a few days before the move... not quite sure how it ended up back in the front page.

B
Jeroen
Hey Brad,
Thanks for noticing (I hadn't)

Andy has a quite some old stuff running on the new server
All the recent changes I made are gone...
(e-mail from the classifieds, some minor stuff on the info pages and the homepage)

I'll upload the newer versions when I get home tonight

cheers,

Jeroen
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Nov 12 2003, 05:02 AM)
All the recent changes I made are gone...
(e-mail from the classifieds, some minor stuff on the info pages and the homepage)
I'll upload the newer versions when I get home tonight

actually, they're not gone smile.gif
i made a backup. just tell me what pages you touched and i will copy them over.
i need to give you ftp-access too ...

Andy
Jeroen
Hey Andy,

Just give me the ftp access and I'll upload 'em when I get home (I'm about to leave the office right now)

cheers,

Jeroen
Part Pricer
Hi guys. I got bounced off of the BBS just a couple of minutes ago. Here is the screen that I saw:
SirAndy
QUOTE(Paul Heery @ Nov 12 2003, 10:11 AM)
Hi guys. I got bounced off of the BBS just a couple of minutes ago.

yepp, i had to restart the server ... sad.gif
SirAndy
ok, spooled back the latest updates from Jeroen that had been lost in the move.
i also fixed the registration (how did that get messed up?) so you HAVE TO fill in a location again ...

Andy
Jeroen
Thanks!
Looks like everything is back to normal then clap56.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
McMark
"mark all topics as read" wasn't working for me. tongue.gif devil.gif
morgan
Not getting new Forums Email to me. Any one having same problem?
John confused24.gif
GWN7
Ghosts....I look at the stats and it says it's Jennys Birthday, but it also says she is 18. (I thought she was at least 20 or do we have 2 Jenny's) So I click on the bio info and yep it's The Jenny. So I click back on the forums main page and and the stats now say No one is having a birthday. WTF? Have I been at work too long? So I go back and check here's what I saw....now it's gone......Ghosts?

Board Statistics
21 user(s) active in the past 30 minutes
6 guests, 15 members 0 Anonymous Members [ View Complete List ]
>smrz914 >Britain Smith >Mike >Rgreen914 >redshift >driver66 >914Timo >sj914 >Hawktel >J P Stein >RocknRollFrenzy >Brad Roberts >markd@mac.com >Kargeek >SirAndy
Today's Birthdays
1 member is celebrating his/her birthday today
>Jenny (18)
Forthcoming Calendar Events within the next 90 days
SCCA RUNOFFS on SPEED, SCCA RUNOFFS on SPEED
Board Statistics
Our members have made a total of 83,745 posts
We have 1,269 registered members
The newest member is Mike
Most users ever online was 136 on Sep 12 2003, 01:15 PM
SirAndy
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Nov 17 2003, 12:33 AM)
So I go back and check here's what I saw....now it's gone......Ghosts?

go and get some sleep laugh.gif

yes, she shows up there as 18 (HA HA, in my best simpsons voice) ...
Andy
GWN7
Well it was 3:30 am for me and we were busy all evening up to then. blink.gif unsure.gif sad.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.