Full Version: 4 bolt 914 rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Howard
Does size matter?
SGB
Hie carumba! Thats BIG MEAT.
SGB
And Herb, those Mr Haney wheels are WAY purtier than westerns. Dan should be so lucky. Guess he isn't from Hooterville.
hmeeder
Hee, hee. You said Hooterville. happy11.gif
i love porsche
QUOTE(jasons @ Oct 31 2006, 01:59 PM) *

QUOTE(hmeeder @ Oct 31 2006, 02:48 PM) *

Handmade one off wheels (bought them off some guy in Florida)

Pedrini centers mated to Enkei aluminium 8" rims. The guy who built them had some skills.

Super light and they look awesome.

I have the big brothers to yours. From the same seller as yours on ebay. Actually they are half sold to a clubmember.

8" & 9.5" x 16"

IPB Image

all sold now =]
johnc
I came across this in a 1976 catalog showing ATS wheels available for 914's in 5.5 and 6 inch. The sixer's required "modification," whatever that was.
Click to view attachment
Two914s
Real Moon Eyes Disks on top of 14" 4-lug steel wheels that are ~7 inches wide.

Note that the valve stems are behind the covers.

Photographed at the 2006 Georgia Tech Auto Show, April 1, 2006

www.GaTechAutoShow.com

(The targa top was already cut when I bought it)

Click to view attachment
JPB
QUOTE(SGB @ Nov 12 2006, 11:06 PM) *

QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 12 2006, 03:30 PM) *

QUOTE(hmeeder @ Nov 11 2006, 09:06 PM) *

Forgot these wheels I have in the side yard.

They are 5.5 inch wide and have a traditional US mag seat.

To use them I used to use those cheese ass 14mm-1/2" screw in conversion studs.

Someone once told me that they are"Haney Wheels" but I haven't been able to substantiate that.

Me likes!! smilie_pokal.gif Gonna have to do the same on my Westerns thumb3d.gif

Man I like that too. I'm gonna have to try to duplicate that idea as well. Hope you don't mind (like that would stop me...)

Oh- not "Haney" but "Gurney" as in Dan Gurney- he sold his name for a bit of easy $. I would too.

Hell no bro, no sweat here. biggrin.gif Just do me a favour and try to get it done soon so you can and post some pics of your mysterious new wheels besides, I'd like to see what it would look like before I did them.
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(joel924 @ Oct 23 2006, 10:53 PM) *

Click to view attachmentFour bolt Forgeline's on my car...

So Joel: what size is the rim, whata size the tires? -C
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(mskala @ Nov 1 2006, 03:43 PM) *

QUOTE(RockinOldSchool @ Nov 1 2006, 12:11 PM) *

QUOTE(mskala @ Nov 1 2006, 09:05 AM) *

They were aluminum, with dozens of very thin spokes, and
had 'Western' name hub caps that stuck out a couple inches

Western Turbos maybe?
IPB Image

Rockin',
I don't think those are them. I'm remembering more spokes, thinner ones,
and the curve was opposite to your pic. Wish I had a pic. This was in the
80's.

I bought a set of 4 of those Westerns about 10 months ago off eBay. Got lucky when auction went around a second time after no bidders. The guy threw in the shipping, so I got the set for $150, delivered. Another set, 5 I think, went for much more over the summer. They have 30 narrow spokes--mine have black paint on the sides of the spokes. shiney alu onlly on the front, or face. Sharp. I haven't mounted them, although I think they'll take my 205 tires. No photos, as my camera doesn't talk to my computer, for unknown reasons. -Chris H
PinetreePorsche
QUOTE(Two914s @ Nov 14 2006, 02:32 PM) *

www.GaTechAutoShow.com

Click to view attachment

Yeah, great discs--but the real looker is the car in the background--does the photographer know what it is? =Chris H.
PinetreePorsche
Some fairly monster wheels were made for George H's Auto Atlanta in the 90s. For pics of them on one of his 9014 conversion kits (now it's mine, wheels andall, sitting in my yard!) go to another posting, on kit cars, on the forum: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?show...872&hl=9014 and get a good look at the wheels and the car. -Chris H.
Dion
17" x 7" F 17" x 8" R Revolution Motorsport
orange914
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment

assuming this is you... "two914s"---???

thumb3d.gif thumb3d.gif good job!
Scott-thundercat

that's a brand new GT40 i believe in the background above...
Mike T
Click to view attachment

Diamond Racing Wheels. 15" x 14".
Hoosier 23.5x12.0-15 R25a slicks.

Mike T
orange914
QUOTE(jwalters @ Nov 12 2006, 09:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Scott-thundercat @ Oct 24 2006, 12:48 PM) *

IPB Image

these are mine- havent seen any pics of em anywhere yet- any idea what type?

One of my parts cars had a set of these on it -I still have them. I saw a factory magazine ad for the 914 circa 1971, I believe. They were on the car on the ad -

I thought these were a factory wheel -

Can anybody elaborate??

from the research i've done on my sons early 73 (1st 1000 v.i.n. -pulled from european market sent to u.s.-) i think these were installed on most if not all possibly at dealer? confused24.gif i'd appreciate info also??!
jwalters
QUOTE(orange914 @ Nov 16 2006, 08:56 PM) *

IPB Image

One of my parts cars had a set of these on it -I still have them. I saw a factory magazine ad for the 914 circa 1971, I believe. They were on the car on the ad -

Can anybody elaborate??

from the research i've done on my sons early 73 (1st 1000 v.i.n. -pulled from european market sent to u.s.-) i think these were installed on most if not all possibly at dealer? confused24.gif i'd appreciate info also??!

So it is buggin you too huh?? I can swear they came as stock, dealer installed as you say - That would still make them - semi factory???
TINCAN914
QUOTE(MW 914 @ Nov 10 2006, 03:00 PM) *

QUOTE(TINCAN914 @ Oct 24 2006, 04:57 AM) *

Just got these yesterday. Revolutions. I love the way these look..
Sorry not a great picture....

Whoa! The chatter box from RRC stepped up his wheels! Looks great thumb3d.gif

av-943.gif
Thanks..... On the wheels, that is..
JPB
QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Nov 15 2006, 09:16 PM) *

www.GaTechAutoShow.com

Click to view attachment

Yeah, great discs--but the real looker is the car in the background--does the photographer know what it is? =Chris H.

WTF.gif Tom Cruise in the club? biggrin.gif
orange914
QUOTE(JPB @ Nov 18 2006, 06:30 AM) *

QUOTE(PinetreePorsche @ Nov 15 2006, 09:16 PM) *

www.GaTechAutoShow.com

Click to view attachment

WTF.gif Tom Cruise in the club? biggrin.gif

av-943.gif who knows... he is not - re sp on di ng

sorry got a little b o r e d
mattp
I have the Dan Gurney rims on my 75 914 I just got 4 Fuchs, will the lug bolts fit? thanks, MAtt
DanT
QUOTE(mattp @ Nov 29 2006, 05:27 PM) *

I have the Dan Gurney rims on my 75 914 I just got 4 Fuchs, will the lug bolts fit? thanks, MAtt

Gurneys (westerns) use a flat style washer along with a flat faced lug bolt.

4 bolt Fuchs (all Porsche factory wheels) use a ball seat lug bolt/nut.

you will need a set of factory lug bolts to safely and correctly mount your new Fuchs wheels.
DanT
QUOTE(mattp @ Nov 29 2006, 05:27 PM) *

Gurneys (westerns) use a flat style washer along with a flat faced lug bolt.

4 bolt Fuchs (all Porsche factory wheels) use a ball seat lug bolt/nut.

you will need a set of factory lug bolts to safely and correctly mount your new Fuchs wheels.
SGB
Hey Matt p- Would you sell me those lug bolts- the flat ones- if they are the right size to fit my gurney wheels? What size (diameter) is that slick center portion?
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 24 2006, 08:33 AM) *

Keizer rims, not really good for street use, but perfect for AXing

Why aren't they good for street use? I like that look!
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE(tdsmoonchild @ Nov 30 2006, 08:12 AM) *

QUOTE(itsa914 @ Oct 24 2006, 08:33 AM) *

Keizer rims, not really good for street use, but perfect for AXing

Why aren't they good for street use? I like that look!

Boy do I know how to kill a thread!
jd74914
They are not beefy enough to withstand the impact of potholes (and other jarring stuff).
tdsmoonchild
QUOTE(jd74914 @ Dec 4 2006, 01:22 PM) *

They are not beefy enough to withstand the impact of potholes (and other jarring stuff).

Thanks! I guess I should have been able to figure that one out.... But thanks! Keep up the good work! thumb3d.gif
ConeDodger

IPB Image

Can anybody elaborate??

I spoke with Harvey Weideman the wheel guy a few months back and he enlightened me a bit about them.
Harvey said that back in the day he was a parts department guy at Sunset Porsche Audi in Riverside. (still in existance?) The dealer used to undercoat everything and put 8 tracks in to jack up the sticker. The other thing they used to do was to remove the factory Fuch and put on the Western wheels so they could charge you for dealer installed alloy wheels. Said that they had stacks of Fuchs in the back.
They could be construed as somewhat of a performance upgrade. Even though they are the same width as the 4 lug Fuchs, they had a 1/2" outside offset making your track an inch wider all the way around.
dagdal1967
Here's mine! I really love these! Especially with the black front scoop and black bumpers and rocker panels..

Click to view attachment
JPB
Nice rims they must be Enkies. beer.gif
tdsmoonchild
I spoke with Harvey Weideman the wheel guy a few months back and he enlightened me a bit about them.
Harvey said that back in the day he was a parts department guy at Sunset Porsche Audi in Riverside. (still in existance?) The dealer used to undercoat everything and put 8 tracks in to jack up the sticker. The other thing they used to do was to remove the factory Fuch and put on the Western wheels so they could charge you for dealer installed alloy wheels. Said that they had stacks of Fuchs in the back.
They could be construed as somewhat of a performance upgrade. Even though they are the same width as the 4 lug Fuchs, they had a 1/2" outside offset making your track an inch wider all the way around.

I wish I had a few of those stacks of Fuchs!
Johns914
Little late to the party but I have BRM Flat Four replicas on mine. Look great but Drivers rear is real tightClick to view attachment
ernestj911@gmail.com
how about CCW wheels
Scott S
Here is a very old pic of my old car - 1996 I think. I ordered these four bolt wheels from a VW place - 7&8 x15 - looked exaclty like the popular Knesis wheels. Super heavy as I recall. When I went to 5 bolt/fuchs the car felt so much different - lighter and faster.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.